Tournament OLT Discussion Thread

Hey, and no you are not breaking any rules lol :). I can't speak for everyone else but I can put my 2 cents in:

Around cycle 6 when I was trying to go for winners bracket on another account, I used this for a majority of time
http://hastebin.com/nudidoyoja.diff a sand archetype team that has bulky Roost Rona for stuff like ABR stall.

The reason why I had stopped using it, is because it wasent really as good vs all the Fighting type trends as well as Stalls with say, unaware clefable which was really common at the time. Also relying on weather as an offensive presence could be played around very well by the opponent, so it wasn't really all that reliable to me.

In general, I felt standard sand builds didn't have a solid match up vs the more popular teams of OLT. I hope I helped :heart:

Hey, and no you are not breaking any rules lol :). I can't speak for everyone else but I can put my 2 cents in:

Around cycle 6 when I was trying to go for winners bracket on another account, I used this for a majority of time
http://hastebin.com/nudidoyoja.diff a sand archetype team that has bulky Roost Rona for stuff like ABR stall.

The reason why I had stopped using it, is because it wasent really as good vs all the Fighting type trends as well as Stalls with say, unaware clefable which was really common at the time. Also relying on weather as an offensive presence could be played around very well by the opponent, so it wasn't really all that reliable to me.

In general, I felt standard sand builds didn't have a solid match up vs the more popular teams of OLT. I hope I helped :heart:
Ah yeah, that was pretty much what I feared :/ I'm using a modified version of ABR's old M-Lop sand team to ladder myself right now (shoutout to ABR for providing the sample team, and to him and Albacore for enduring my endless questions about teambuilding :P ), and it's going pretty well, I think I'm around 74% winrate, but I was already almost 100% positive that on higher ratings people won't just let me chip away the Drill/Lop checks that easily...

I guess I'll keep on using it for now, because I really like Sand, until I experience a really noticeable decrease in my winrate, and then switch to one of the more popular teams described in this thread. Thanks a lot for the quick reply btw!

p2

Banned deucer.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Lava Plume

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off
I built this team for TheThorn when he had to play patlop and unfortunately got lucked like shit in his series, but this team won g2. I just wanted to build around hard hitting shit + spikes to pressure everything really. There really isn't a building process for this, just threw on Diancie + Hydra and then some hella epic fat fwg with Lando-T functioning as the only real ground immunity and a scarfer. I originally had Amoonguss on here over Ferrothorn but it wasn't really needed and Ferro just brought more shit to the table like an additional Fairy resist and Spikes, it also messes with Mana that don't run HP Fire until it gets burned by balanced move Scald.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Substitute
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 32 Atk / 52 Def / 124 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Trick

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I built this team for Thorn to use against Nelson but unfortunately he got robbed in g1, I tried to get him to take the team a second time and it would have done well in g2, but I don't blame him for not wanting to take it. Not much to say about it, Serp kinda shits on all of Nelsons teams so I used that and gave it a backbone to function on with Sciz for uturning out of fat waters and grounds and Tran to deal with things like Talon. Scarf Chomp is ultralit since it outspeeds ZardX at +1.

kinda shit he got elim'd so early due to this game being fucking fantastic bc I enjoyed helping friends build for this.

rooting for poek to win the whole thing though *_*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)