Official NBA '17-18 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reverse baseline jam by Ingram gave me flashbacks of Kobe doing the same to Garnett all those years ago *sheds a single tear*

Deng Seeking Buyout or Trade from Lakers
$7.70 from every follower on Lakers Twitter and we can buyout the $54m on his contract, assuming he doesn't take any less. But this particular line irks me
Luol Deng said:
I know I make a lot of money, but for me -- I came from nothing so it's always been about the love of the game.
Surely your love of the game comes at a cost. If you really wanted to play out of your love for the game, you'd be willing to negotiate with the Lakers to sign with a team, but obviously you know your game is trash right now and you'll get very little interest so you'll want to stick around. Sometimes it's okay to just admit you're here for the money, or you can just not say stuff like this for PR purposes at all.

Man the Celtics have something special.. Jayson Tatum is really fucking goodd.
As much as I dislike the Celtics, the thought of Lakers v. Celtics reigniting as soon as the near future makes me rock hard.

Deng Seeking Buyout or Trade from Lakers
$7.70 from every follower on Lakers Twitter and we can buyout the $54m on his contract, assuming he doesn't take any less. But this particular line irks me

Surely your love of the game comes at a cost. If you really wanted to play out of your love for the game, you'd be willing to negotiate with the Lakers to sign with a team, but obviously you know your game is trash right now and you'll get very little interest so you'll want to stick around. Sometimes it's okay to just admit you're here for the money, or you can just not say stuff like this for PR purposes at all.
No kidding, I'd have no problem making $54 million for warming a bench.

Thunder and Wizards in shambles, good win by Philly over Utah, and what a night from Jokic. Ben Simmons is gonna be trouble when the rest of his team develops.

Thunder and Wizards in shambles, good win by Philly over Utah, and what a night from Jokic. Ben Simmons is gonna be trouble when the rest of his team develops.
Wizards are definitely not in shambles. This is the standard for the team.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice win without Embiid btw, first of the year. Funny cos Gobert said they were being overprotective of him.

Sources: Robert Covington and 76ers finalizing framework of a 4-year, $62M contract extension. I'll have more details on NBA Countdown at 7 PM ET.

Covington's 2017-18 contract will be renegotiated with the #sixers remaining cap space, then he'll receive a 4-year extension worth roughly $45 million, per sources.

What a steal.

That Lowry deal is not looking good at all.
I wouldn't say so just yet. The Raptors adjusted their offense from iso / pick-roll ball to a read-and-react / more passing offense. So naturally Lowry is gonna struggle playing out of his comfort zone. His play has been picking up lately

I wouldn't say so just yet. The Raptors adjusted their offense from iso / pick-roll ball to a read-and-react / more passing offense. So naturally Lowry is gonna struggle playing out of his comfort zone. His play has been picking up lately
A point guard having to adjust to team ball is laughable. Then again I've never liked Lowry (hated the idea of trading Pau for Lowry, Martin, Scola all those years back).

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Lowry has had a nice run of games recently, I wouldn’t be too worried about the Raptors.

Watching Lonzo shoot tonight is making me wish I were blind

Was Lopez injured or something? Hard to justify keeping Randle on the floor so that Embiid could keep getting free points.

Embiid is just too much, man. Nobody on our roster can stop him. Throw Lopez and Randle at Embiid and he'd still feast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)