Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

Rockets have emerged to be serious threats to sign Chris Paul, which means Morey likely has deals lined up to get rid of guys like Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon to sign him outright. Apparently Sacramento is a candidate to take Anderson, and Jazz want Beverley.
It would be kinda funny if Paul signs with the Rockets and Gordon somehow found himself back with the Clippers.
EDIT: Nevermind lol

Phil Jackson and the Knicks mutually agreed to part ways too. About time?

Last edited:
Good deal for all sides. CP3 takes a paycut to help Houston retain most their guys (Gordon, Anderson), Clippers get expirings and unguaranteed deals to preserve cap space in 2018 (who knows who they'll sign lmao), and Rockets get CP3.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Phil Jackson and the Knicks mutually agreed to part ways too. About time?
I'm so happy that Phil's gone now, but I know better than to get my hopes up that the Knicks will hire a competent President as opposed to another Dolan crony. Whoever makes the decisions after this, please don't trade any picks to sign washed up has-beens. If there's one thing Phil didn't fuck up, it was mortgaging the future (though he might have even done that if he succeeded in trading KP) :pirate:

You know your team's fucked up when you fire a grossly incompetent executive and you're AFRAID because you know god damn well that it could be even worse

I'm so happy that Phil's gone now, but I know better than to get my hopes up that the Knicks will hire a competent President as opposed to another Dolan crony. Whoever makes the decisions after this, please don't trade any picks to sign washed up has-beens. If there's one thing Phil didn't fuck up, it was mortgaging the future (though he might have even done that if he succeeded in trading KP) :pirate:

You know your team's fucked up when you fire a grossly incompetent executive and you're AFRAID because you know god damn well that it could be even worse
Dolan wants Ujiri, but it doesn't seem very like the Raptors will let him go since he signed an extension not long ago. Should go after David Griffin IMO, but the return of Isiah Thomas is equally likely lol.

No idea why CP3 to Rockets is hyped and exciting. It makes no sense and it's pretty shitty. They're going to do nothing.
It takes ball handling responsibilities away from Harden and allows him to play more off-ball, lessening the load on him to hopefully be more effective. He's obviously unselfish as we saw last season and having to share the ball with CP3 shouldn't be an issue for him.

It's a smart move on all sides because the Clippers still have massive cap room next summer and don't need to go into free agency overpaying players on one-year or 1+1 deals (like we saw the Lakers do with guys like Jordan Hill in previous seasons). CP3 takes a pay cut to help the Rockets retain most of their shooters (though they're still looking to move Ryan Anderson for cap room next summer) and can still choose a new team next summer (with Melo, PG, LeBron, Wade, DeMarcus etc.) if this doesn't work out.

EDIT: When I say "if it doesn't work out", I don't necessarily mean chemistry issues, but also whether or not CP3 can play at D'Antoni's pace. Don't forget that his Bird rights are also traded so Houston can offer him the 5-year, 7.5% raise max next summer. He'll be 37 when the last year of that contract starts.

Last edited:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rubio to the jazz for a 1st rounder and PAUL FUCKING GEORGE TO OKC for SABONIS AND OLADIPO? DAMN

edit - for celtics fans

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OKC still will only be the 4th best team in the west. Houston vs Spurs for the right to play the Warriors in the WCF will be interesting :) Iggy grabs himself a huge payday with a 3 year guarantee.

Conspiracy theory: Pat Riley leaked that Hayward was going to Boston in an last ditch attempt to dissuade Hayward from going to Boston, with the speculation that Boston leaked ruling public opinion.

Either that, or Woj was salty that an espn colleague scooped him. Zach Lowe is very very unlikely to corroborate Haynes tweet if it wasn't true.

I hate how players are announcing their decisions on The Players Tribune nowadays. Their server can barely handle the traffic, just announce it on Twitter and then follow up with the post. Hayward has a future in journalism though, came up with a 2,100-word post after having been torn all day over his (in)decision.

On another note, Ainge finally gets that big fish he's wanted after striking out on Cousins, KD, Butler, PG, and Blake. He should've come up with a counteroffer for PG when Pritchard told him they had an offer from Presti.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)