Offensification (Hoopa-U BANNED)

Vacuum Wave isn't compatible with Technician. Gen 4 tutor move/gen 5 HA.

I personally would have prefered if boosting moves like Bulk Up and Calm Mind kept the defense they had originally boosted, because otherwise +Attack/+Spdef doesn't exist in-game and it would add some measure of uniqueness without drastically affecting how a lot of mons play. More importantly, however - How does Cosmic Power work?
To answer you question about cosmic power, nothing changes. You still get +1 def/SpD using it regardless of what offensive stat is higher if I'm correct.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
What if you were to use Draco meteor twice... would the first hit be physical and the second hit special?
I guess it depends on what evs you give on your pokemon, it 252 Attack, then its physical, if 252 SPA, then special

I guess it depends on what evs you give on your pokemon, it 252 Attack, then its physical, if 252 SPA, then special
I mean, if the Mon had e.g. 360 special attack and 190 attack. Would the first hit be special off the 360 and the second hit physical because the best stat is now 190 atk?

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
I mean, if the Mon had e.g. 360 special attack and 190 attack. Would the first hit be special off the 360 and the second hit physical because the best stat is now 190 atk?
It will be special as it has more special attack than attack

As far as I can tell based on earlier posts in the thread, the intent is for it to always keep the initial attacking stat. So repeated physical Overheats from Infernape remain physical. No idea of it works this way on the simulator.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey cool meta, it makes some non-used pokemon viable :D

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Nasty Plot
- Heat Wave

Behold the Brave Bird! Nasty Plot boosts Attack, Sucker Punch for STAB 80 Base Power

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Night Daze / Dark Pulse / Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Get ready for Special Knock Off.
There it is. Knock Off and Dark Pulse should be used over Night Daze to stay in disguise. U-Turn for momentum hit and run, Sash lets Zoroark at least get 1 SD and then it can sweep with its special Sucker Punch.

Here's another set which might not be completely different but I like it because it worked for me!

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Focus Blast

The first three moves are common (Flare Blitz over Fire Blast for more Base Power and Tough Claws boost) and there we have Focus Blast to One shot pokemon like Heatran, Tyranitar which wall Charizard sweep! Accuracy is the only major problem with it.

Here's the sweep http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-offensification-4946 (I know it's against a bot but still you can do nothing when you face that after one Dragon Dance) I was lucky that Focus Blast didn't miss!

Do you think Sheer Force should be suspected or even banned? And why?
Sorry I'm late for that ^ but Sheer Force is really cool, Rampardos (Earth Power), Nidoking (so many good moves, see replay link below), Darmanitan (Flare Blitz if not Zen Mode) can sweep well but in my opinion Sheer Force shouldn't be banned because there are counters for that

Here's Pure Power Vaccum Wave Medicham against me, its so powerful and I had to face Scarfed Sheer Force Nidoking as well... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-offensification-4945
Also it's playable in Dragon Heaven Server!

That's all for now! Nice Metagame for Ice Beam Fire Blast Earth Power Surf Head Smash Rampardos

Last edited:
Hey cool meta, it makes some non-used pokemon viable :D

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Nasty Plot
- Heat Wave

Behold the Brave Bird! Nasty Plot boost Attack, Sucker Punch for STAB 80 Base Power

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
Modest Nature
- Night Daze / Dark Pulse / Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

There it is. Knock Off and Dark Pulse should be used over Night Daze to stay in disguise. U-Turn for momentum hit and run, Sash lets Zoroark at least get 1 SD and then it can sweep with its special Sucker Punch.

Here's another set which might not be completely different but I like it because it worked for me!

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Focus Blast

The first three moves are common (Flare Blitz over Fire Blast for more Base Power and Tough Claws boost) and there we have Focus Blast to One shot pokemon like Heatran, Tyranitar which wall Charizard sweep! Accuracy is the only major problem with it.

Here's the sweep http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-offensification-4946 (I know it's against a bot but still you can do nothing when you face that after one Dragon Dance) I was lucky that Focus Blast didn't miss!

Sorry I'm late for that ^ but Sheer Force is really cool, Rampardos (Earth Power), Nidoking (so many good moves, see replay link below), Darmanitan (Flare Blitz if not Zen Mode) can sweep well but in my opinion Sheer Force shouldn't be banned because there are counter for that

Here's Pure Power Vaccum Wave Medicham against me, its so powerful and I had to face Scarfed Sheer Force Nidoking as well... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-offensification-4945
Also it's playable in Dragon Heaven Server!

That's all for now! Nice Metagame for Ice Beam Fire Blast Earth Power Surf Head Smash Rampardos
Cool sets, but one issue: Zoroark gets Nasty Plot so running Special Attack-boosting Swords Dance is kind of the same thing as just NP Zoroark

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Time for an old favourite of mine to relive its times from G/S/C

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz/Shadow Claw/Rock Slide

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
I'm happy that meta was bumped.
Let's make some sets !

Marshadow @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Work Up

Well. Work Up boosts attack by two stages here.
And it can now run Technician-boosted HP Ice in a fully physical set.
Beats setups, deals massive damage, and other things like that.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Vacuum Wave
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

Step 1 : Swords Dance
Step 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 : Vacuum Wave + profit of Beast Boost
Step 8 : Enjoy your killing machine made of paper !

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
IVs: 31 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Work Up

No more lacks of physical movepool or setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)