Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

I had a decent amount of trouble building this team, mainly because the team usually ended up being quite fighting weak, due to mant being an awful fighting check but also taking up a slot as a flying type. Due to this I shuffled through a fair few versions of this team before I settled on one that I really liked, being this one. Ferro Rupt Mantine is an amazing defensive core providing hazard stacking and checking nearly everything while rotom supplements them very well providing a tauros answer, secondary flying + fighting resist, spin blocking support and most importantly speed. At this point I was still feeling worried about fighters, especially gurdurr as it had a pretty easy time against rupt + ferro and neither mant nor rotom could switch in. Thus I added colbur cm mesprit, this a really a fun set that's great for catching people off guard and works incredibly on hazard stack. Finally I still felt I was lacking a bit of speeding and cleaning prowess and with the majority of weaknesses covered tauros seemed like a very safe fit providing great speed, wallbreaking prowess and just doing tauros things that only tauros can do. The team is fairly weak to swellow but thankfully that mons really fallen off recently (not sure why) and if necessary it can be played around w/ clever predictions and there are multiple revenge killing routes. Other then that there really isn't much it struggles with bar maybe abomasnow, but that doesn't get in on anything. A few of the odd set choices; bullet seed ferro deals with opposing sub mantines which were formerly a problem, nearly always breaking the sub. Wisp on rupt is imo the best option on this team allowing you to cripple rhydon and regi aiding tauros' sweep. At a glance hazards look annoying however it's quite manageable as setters don't get many opportunities and w/ only 2 spike weak mons hazards aren't all that threatening in practice. In terms of mant's roll on this team it serves as a great balance breaker answering to gastro, poli and lix for tauros while weakening lanturn giving rotom an opportunity to clean, especially with hazard support. Not really much else to say, hope you enjoy and good luck!

Swing it high like Jesus, baby
HJAD'S SUBSTITUTE + QUIVER DANCE VIVILLON TEAM

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Vivillon-Savanna @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Quagsire @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

hey man, here's the team you requested. so since hazard control is pretty important while using vivillon, i decided to go with hitmonchan and xatu to support it. xatu also works as a soft check to fighting mons. after that, i wanted some kind of momentum to help vivillon get in, so i went with lanturn. lanturn is also a good answer to most electric mons and is a nice water check so i thought it'd fit pretty well here. at that point the team needed a rocker so i decided to go with steelix, since it checks flying mons pretty well but also helps against most psychic-type threats of the tier and can handle them fairly well. i finished the team by adding CB quagsire since it's a pretty fun set and the team kinda got destroyed by dd rhydon at that point, so yea.
hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)