NU Stats: November 2012

Cinccino & Absol possibly leaving NU? *starts spamming them in RU*. I don't think the lost of Cinccino will be change the tier much with a large selection of normal type attackers like zangoose & tauros. Possibly a rise in golem but there's always mold breaker users like sawk n no guard dynamic punch golurk to keep him at Bay.

Absol on the other hand will leave a significant gap. Sure Skuntank can fil some of those roles but you don't want the tier to be too predictable using the same dark type or else players will use the appropriate move to counter ie hidden power ground Musharna lol.

I predict a second, possibly third go to dark type to take Absol's place. Looking at the list of NU dark types. Shiftry appeared to stand out. Not as powerful as Absol but is slightly faster and gets a secondary grass stab which make Alolomola vulnerable. It can also run a sneaky special set making it unpredictable. Ah we will find out in 2013. Hopefully the world doesn't end before then :-p.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Actually, I believe cacturne will be the alternate dark type to stuntank if/once absol leaves. Cacturne has more SpA and A than Shiftry, and while the slight bulk and speed for shiftry is nice, I think Cacturne fills a better role. It can also run spike support which can help other sweepers, which is the main reason why cacturne is more dangerous than shiftry.

I've actually been using Shiftry a fair bit lately, and it's difficult to say how well it (or Cacturne) will fill in Absol's slot. First of all, it's been somewhat difficult to use him because of his weakness to ice in the new hail metagame; against a normal hail team it can't really switch into anything without dying to a blizzard. Second, whereas Absol was often used to deal with CM Musharna, Shiftry for sure can't take on that same role because it doesn't have a reliable physical dark-type STAB, just Sucker Punch. Also, there's the idea that most CM psychic-types run Signal Beam for coverage, which is 4x super-effective against Shiftry and Cacturne but neutral to Skuntank. I think that'll pretty much come down to luck whether you run into one that runs Signal Beam or one that runs HP Ground for Skuntank.

And as for the comparison between Cacturne and Shiftry, I think you're putting Shiftry's advantages a little lightly; "slight bulk and speed"? Yeah, the bulk difference is not huge, just +20 base HP, but going from 55 speed to 80 speed is huge.

Late but whatever... :p

My thoughts:

| 6 | Emboar | 12300 | 11.127% | 9624 | 10.594% |

This doesn't surprise me at all with the amount of Hail teams nowadays. Fire / Fighting provides very good coverage in this meta and watching someone with a Hail team crap themselves is nice, too.

| 13 | Musharna | 9889 | 8.946% | 7550 | 8.311% |

This right here is ridiculous. What can Gardevoir do that Musharna cannot? Musharna is one of the best NU mons right now, especially with Absol leaving. It has better bulk and will now be harder to take down. :p

| 26 | Wartortle | 6637 | 6.004% | 5542 | 6.101% |

Can people just stop using this thing already!? Torkoal and Armaldo exist. Despite its niche, there should be no reason as to why this pile of garbage is so high. -_-

| 67 | Torterra | 3282 | 2.969% | 2836 | 3.122% |

It should see more usage, imo. Torterra is still a good offensive poke, even with so many Hail teams now. Fuck you, Snover!!!

| 76 | Rotom-Frost | 2954 | 2.672% | 2502 | 2.754% |

Seriously, this thing needs more usage. It resists ice, and has fantastic coverage.

| 6 | Emboar | 12300 | 11.127% | 9624 | 10.594% |

This doesn't surprise me at all with the amount of Hail teams nowadays. Fire / Fighting provides very good coverage in this meta and watching someone with a Hail team shit themselves is nice, too.

| 76 | Rotom-Frost | 2954 | 2.672% | 2502 | 2.754% |

Seriously, this thing needs more usage. It resists ice, and has fantastic coverage.
Bear in mind that these stats are before the existence on hail within the metagame, where Ice-type attacks were generally uncommon.

| 183 | Seadra | 487 | 0.441% | 396 | 0.436% |
| 166 | Vigoroth | 642 | 0.581% | 524 | 0.577% |
| 155 | Spinda | 738 | 0.668% | 639 | 0.703% |

What is wrong with this picture? Seriously, why is spinda higher than some pokemon that are actually viable?

Rotom-F(76), Swellow(37),lickylicky(44), weezing(40),Misdreveaus(42), Torterra(67), and Audino(68) all deserve more usage than they're getting as well. None of them are outclassed and all are excellent(in my eyes) in the current meta(except maybe torterra because of the ice+fire weaknesses, but still, 67 is a bit low)

Also, Regirock is only 35?! I see that thing way more than that!
Wartortle at 26 -_____-

Audino isn't all that good, as it's outclassed by Lickilicky and is usually a set-up fodder and a taunt bait.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
the only reasons to use audino are for regenerator, which makes wish-passing a lot easier, and trick room, which is not a very good strategy to use in nu. other than that, there isn't much reason to use audino over lickilicky, as jcm stated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)