NU Player of the Week - it's earthie bish [week 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple users from the nu community have requested to have me interviewed and Jarii wanted to do it so here it is!

Earth
Favorite Pokémon:
Roselia
Most used Pokémon: Xatu
Most known for: being nu's workhorse and running tons of projects
Jarii: Hey earth! How are you doing today?
Earth: Hello, Jarii! I'm doing quite well today, thanks. What about you?

Jarii: Doing well, thanks for asking! Anyway, last time you were the one interviewing me, so now we're going to do it the other way! So here we begin! You have been running alot of project lately such as potw and the official roomtournaments. What do you enjoy the most about running projects?
Earth: It's really just that I like contributing to forums. I find it particularly great to have something to do here and feel occupied, and these projects keep me occupied. I like to get involved in the community, and projects are the best part to achieve that so that's what I'm doing!

Jarii: You must have had quite the experience NUPL didn't you? Losing your manager and then still winning NUPL. How did your team and especially you managed to come back from that loss?
Earth: My first NUPL was a blast. Losing rozes midway through the tournament was obviously really bad for us, as we had to work without him for one or two weeks but I think the team as a whole had a positive mindset and we tried to do our best to win, especially to make him proud, or at least for me. Thankfully -- and as he already stated in his shoutout post -- he came back after a couple weeks because he felt bad about letting us down, so we had rozes back again, and he helped me quite a lot. We didn't start very strongly and I don't think a lot of people expected us to go that far and win, but look at us, we did it!​

Jarii: Talking about the 2 tiers you have played in NU (ORAS and SM), which is your favorite gen to play and why?
Earth: I think my favorite generation of NU overall is probably ORAS. I really enjoyed ORAS for the most part, but I have to say that I started to dislike it quite a bit towards the end, because of the team archetypes everyone used, I didn't find it as interesting and fun as it used to be. I didn't like SM until some time ago because of how restricted the teambuilding was but I think the tier is slowly becoming better and more fun, so currently I prefer playing and building in SM, but both tiers have their pros and cons, really, but SM is just more enjoyable as of right now. I'm quite the undecisive person so that opinion may change in some time, but that's how I feel right now.

Jarii: If you could change anything in SM NU, what would it be?
Earth: Right now, I would probably get rid of Vanilluxe. This may be quite a bit of an unpopular opinion but I really do think it's the biggest problem in NU right now, even worse than Emboar which became pretty handleable. The NU metagame adjusts itself to a lot of threats in the NU community, such as Rotom-C, Sceptile, and Slowbro, but I think Vanilluxe is really unhealthy and restricts teambuilding a lot and it's definitely problematic.

Jarii: Since you're pretty comfortable in the NU community, what advice would you give to someone who’s trying to get involved / known in the NU community?
Earth: Well, if you want to get involved in the NU community, you should definitely contribute to the PS! chat and/or the NU subforum. I'd say the best way to get involved is definitely to contribute to the plethora of projects we have while making intelligent posts in threads such as the VR or metagame threads. Winning tournaments is definitely very helpful, and will get you known even outside of the NU community so it's definitely a thing to try out. Everyone here is nice, so don't be scared and just try!

Jarii: Could you tell us more about yourself?
Earth: I’m not all that interesting outside of my amazing online person. I’m just a basic dude going through school like everyone else. I’m not that much of a gamer outside of Pokemon really, but I like hanging out with friends, fashion, and watching TV shows in my bed with a cozy blanket! I love music as well, I don't think I could live in a world where I can't listen to music. I also love talking about my favorite musicians and anything related to that.

Jarii: What are your goals to achieve on this site?
Earth: I guess just keep contributing and sharing my metagame knowledge on this website until I get bored of it? I don’t have any set goals, really. I’m just here to do my best at stuff I know and just keep growing, as a contributor and human, because I really do think Smogon helps people grow a lot and it's not just a forum about some random kid's game. I wanna have the most enjoyable experience on Smogon before inevitably leaving at some point, so yeah!

Jarii: Lastly could you provide us with an ORAS NU team? Major plottwist!
Earth:

LOVE ON TOP (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

SCHOOLIN LIFE (Lapras) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Surf

BEST THING I NEVER HAD (Scyther) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Tailwind

1+1 (Xatu) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic
- Grass Knot

RUN THE WORLD (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

COUNTDOWN (Shiftry) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Sure! This is the team I used in NUPL finals against my good friend Rapture. The original idea was to build around Lapras as it’s a really fun Pokemon and it seemed to have a very good matchup against most of Rapture’s teams. The team is a pretty standard balance/bulky offense-ish type of team, but I think the reason why I love this team so much is because it has fun sets such as Scarf Tailwind Scyther and CM Xatu, I think it's really fun to use and fairly solid. It’s the favorite team I’ve built and used in NUPL so yeah! Also Beyoncé’s album 4 is fucking lit.

Thanks for having me, guys! Feel free to ask me questions down below.

do u like billie eilish now, if so fav song from hers?
you say you're interested in fashion, do u have a favourite brand or show u like to watch?
a lot of ppl say oras became stale towards its closing stages, what do u think could've been done about that other than sm coming out sooner
most a e s t h e t i c mon in the sm nu metagame
favourite past nu past gen besides oras?
you've mentioned that you're interested in ru, is it your favourite tier outside of nu? and how did u get into it

BISH.
Thoughts on shadowtags being bad and also on np lead jynx?
that's a fact
jynx is BROKEN
do u like billie eilish now, if so fav song from hers?
you say you're interested in fashion, do u have a favourite brand or show u like to watch?
a lot of ppl say oras became stale towards its closing stages, what do u think could've been done about that other than sm coming out sooner
most a e s t h e t i c mon in the sm nu metagame
favourite past nu past gen besides oras?
you've mentioned that you're interested in ru, is it your favourite tier outside of nu? and how did u get into it
yeah she's cool. i liked copycat a lot but her whole album was pretty nice.
i don't really have a favorite brand to wear, but i like most mainstream brands such as zara bershka pull&bear etc. high-end brands like versace do some cool stuff as well but a bitch is broke.
my favorite show of all time is probably how to get away with murder! i love it
eh i don't think there was any way to change how oras nu became. i feel like most oras tiers tend to become shittier towards the end, it's inevitable
froslass
dpp nu looks fun as hell but i haven't played it a lot. bw nu sucks ass
yeah, i think ru is my favorite tier that's not nu. i don't really know how i got into it, i used to like it in oras but never tried to play it so i decided to go and play it in sm! it's a fun tier
Free Meloetta y/y
no
How did you come up with the name earth?
i wish there was a cool reasoning behind my name. i just randomly thought "woah, earth sounds like a cool name" but at that time i wasn't able to get it so i went with "eaarth" for a couple years before getting this name. i tried having a name change but went back to this one!
omg, what a cutie!

cutest user?
worst user?
thoughts on the current state of the nu meta (lol...)?
fave song?
fave artist?
cutest user is Eternally
worst user is BOUFF
I like it! i think it's the best metagame we've had in sm so far, with barb leaving the tier. Teambuilding feels much more enjoyable and I just think it's better!
that's a tough question! i don't really have ONE favorite song, i like too many songs to pick just one
my favorite artist is probably lana del rey, but im also a big fan of rihanna/beyoncé, the weeknd, and sooo many more ;w;
top 3 sza songs :weary:
1- broken clocks
2- the weekend
3- babylon
most overrated mon in SM NU rn ?
most underrated one ?
idk. i feel like people make emboar seem a lot more broken and overpower than it actually is. it's definitely a top 3 mon but it's far from being bannable rn imo
type null? i guess.
Favorite mon to use in NU right now?
jynx! it's really fun, you guys should try it.
who do you fuckin hate in smogon
whos the shittiest player uve played
really not a fan of that Slurmz dude.
qsns when he uses rozes teams................xoxo
why did u say basic dude instead of basic bitch, thats such a missed opportunity
tru vro... i suck. might swiftly edit that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)