Project NU Archetype Cores: Discuss Your Experiences! (HIATUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Pain Split

Rotom @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

So this cores goal is to set up as many hazards as possible so Rotom and Mismagius can spam Hex. They prevent spinning and Mismagius can Taunt Defoggers.

Last edited:
top tier super spoopy core:

Trevenant @ Choice Band
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rest

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

basically tauros traps opposite ghost mons and can clean late game while trevenant is here to take scald and basically abuse cb. rotom gives momentum is pretty cool overall.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually on second thoughts I think I'm going to close this thread for the time being. I think I've gone through most of the good type cores and a few of the later themes have started to be a bit sketchy due to the process of elimination. With Sun and Moon also coming out soon I think this could be a good time to wrap the project up. Thanks to everyone who's contributed throughout the weeks! If anyone wants to take this thread over, please let me and a forum mod know about it.

In the meantime, why not use this thread to talk about which cores you've used on the ladder and worked well, and if they did work well, how did you build the rest of your team to support them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)