np: SUMO UU Stage 1 - Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In my admittedly limited experience thus far, Terrakion's best set is subsalac SD. It's threatening enough that I am surprised only one mention of the set made it into the suspect paragraphs. Will be interesting to see how it fits within the overall meta.

In other news, everyone should try bulky CB Krook. It is deceptively bulky (survives Soul Dew Draco Meteor and Scarf Keldeo's secret sword etc) and hits monstrously hard, even against physical walls. To put it into perspective, Swampert risks a 2hko from Knock Off.
Swampert lives because Knock Off damage only applies once. CB cannot beat standard defensive Swamp in any scenario without a crit. CB Krook also desperately needs speed and cannot afford to go under 300 speed, otherwise it loses to Entei, Timid Blastoise at 280, and can't even revenge kill timid Togekiss.

In general though, CB is relatively underwhelming; other mons like CB Scizor or CB Entei provide stronger wall-breaking potential while also adding some extra dimension, whether it's priority or a 50% chance burn, or a powerful U-turn. There are other mons that can be added to that list as well. Furthermore, since Krook can no longer check Latias and Mega Aero, it needs support to deal with those mons, which is extremely difficult since normally Krook is relied on to pressure those mons. Without Krook to effectivelly pressure those mons with a Choice Scarf or changing moves, it loses the ability to find as many chances to break walls and support its team to victory.

In my admittedly limited experience thus far, Terrakion's best set is subsalac SD. It's threatening enough that I am surprised only one mention of the set made it into the suspect paragraphs. Will be interesting to see how it fits within the overall meta.
SubSalac SD Terrakion was one of our more recent research week tests. I didn't have super consistent success with it because I found it needed quite a bit of threats removed (priority, Gliscor, etc) and had trouble getting a Swords Dance and a Sub, but I definitely could have been fucking up somehow cause I'm not the most consistent player.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Swampert lives because Knock Off damage only applies once. CB cannot beat standard defensive Swamp in any scenario without a crit. CB Krook also desperately needs speed and cannot afford to go under 300 speed, otherwise it loses to Entei, Timid Blastoise at 280, and can't even revenge kill timid Togekiss.

In general though, CB is relatively underwhelming; other mons like CB Scizor or CB Entei provide stronger wall-breaking potential while also adding some extra dimension, whether it's priority or a 50% chance burn, or a powerful U-turn. There are other mons that can be added to that list as well. Furthermore, since Krook can no longer check Latias and Mega Aero, it needs support to deal with those mons, which is extremely difficult since normally Krook is relied on to pressure those mons. Without Krook to effectivelly pressure those mons with a Choice Scarf or changing moves, it loses the ability to find as many chances to break walls and support its team to victory.
You're right on the Swampert calcs; I must have run into Swamperts that weren't running full defense.

My Krook has a fine time checking M-Aero and Latias, considering it has the bulk to take M-Aero hits and even a Draco Meteor from non-specs lati. The main benefit over choice scarf is the capacity to more easily pressure Balance teams with much harder hits than they may be expecting and soften walls for a late game sweeper like, well, Terrakion.

Bird and Bug Megas, Steelix maybe, I'm hearing a lot of rumblings about Buzzswole and Xurk dropping too but I don't play OU so I don't know.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Looking at the latest usage stats, I believe that:
The most likely Pokémon to get dropped are Jirachi, Mega Beedrill, Alolan Muk, Buzzwole and Xurkitree.

Since the lastest usage stats are of March, I will add my predictions upon the next months' statistics... based on my minimal OU experience, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Houndoom, Mega Audino and Mega Steelix are really likely to drop.

Nevertheless, I will accept with open hands every Pokémon that drops. More toys, yay!

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
this is like UU alpha all over again lol, the 4 big ones and Gengar gone plus a bunch of new toys to play with, sheesh >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)