New to Pokemon competitive scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to play pokemon a lot like 8-9 years ago nowhere near as big as it is now ofcourse. I recently found a server on minecraft about pokemon and decided to try it out and it's amazing so far, tons of old pokemons, I'm not up to par with all the new gen pokemons and such so I'm not sure up to what gen the server is.

However I would love to get some help from experienced people to make a proper team, theres 2-3 pokemons that I absolutely love and would love to make a team around them(Keep in mind I'm a complete noob when it comes to making teams and competitive play, there are no restrictions either, no banned pokemons etc).

Tyranitar
Semi shitty IVS
EVS: 255 atk 180 SPD and 77 HP

Salamance
IVS: 26 26 31 28 31 31
EVS: 255 ATK 1 Defence 3 SP Defence 252 SPD

Rayquaza

Don't have one yet but I'll be getting it soon.

PS: There's no leagues so feel free to mix every type of pokemon you remember to make a great team around these 3 if you can please!

PS2: The server's pokemons only go up to Groundon/Kyogre!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It seems like you've stumbled into our off-topic section, "Cong" as we call it. This is the only section of the forum where Pokémon is not discussed (since that's what we have the rest of the site for).

I suggest you use the articles and content on the main site to find out what to do with your Pokémon. The Strategy Pokédex is a great place to start. Having a look in old issues of the Smog wouldn't hurt either.

If you want some advice on the no-holds-barred, almost-nothing-is-illegal format we use to call the "Uber metagame", we have a subforum for that too. Try reading around in a few threads there, to see how the "broken" Pokémon in competitive play work when used together.

Also, prepare to get a fair chunk of sarcasm thrown your way if you ask how to utilize that Salamence. 1 Def IV is pretty bad. Having both Salamence and Rayquaza on the same team used to be a legit strategy, since (as the saying goes) "Nobody prepares for Rayquaza twice". However, after the introduction of the Fairy type they'll be equally dead weight should you encounter the right counter. In the current metagame using both seems very redundant. By the way, Rayquaza is after Groudon and Kyogre in the Pokédex, so if your PS2 statement is true, Rayquaza isn't even an option.

Do you know what generation of Pokémon you're playing with? If the list of Pokémon on the server, as you put it, only goes up to Groudon/Kyogre, is it possible that it runs on Gen III mechanics? If it does, discard my advice about the Ubers subforum and head to the Past generations subforum instead.

Welcome to Smogon!

It seems like you've stumbled into our off-topic section, "Cong" as we call it. This is the only section of the forum where Pokémon is not discussed (since that's what we have the rest of the site for).

I suggest you use the articles and content on the main site to find out what to do with your Pokémon. The Strategy Pokédex is a great place to start. Having a look in old issues of the Smog wouldn't hurt either.

If you want some advice on the no-holds-barred, almost-nothing-is-illegal format we use to call the "Uber metagame", we have a subforum for that too. Try reading around in a few threads there, to see how the "broken" Pokémon in competitive play work when used together.

Also, prepare to get a fair chunk of sarcasm thrown your way if you ask how to utilize that Salamence. 1 Def IV is pretty bad. Having both Salamence and Rayquaza on the same team used to be a legit strategy, since (as the saying goes) "Nobody prepares for Rayquaza twice". However, after the introduction of the Fairy type they'll be equally dead weight should you encounter the right counter. In the current metagame using both seems very redundant. By the way, Rayquaza is after Groudon and Kyogre in the Pokédex, so if your PS2 statement is true, Rayquaza isn't even an option.

Do you know what generation of Pokémon you're playing with? If the list of Pokémon on the server, as you put it, only goes up to Groudon/Kyogre, is it possible that it runs on Gen III mechanics? If it does, discard my advice about the Ubers subforum and head to the Past generations subforum instead.

Welcome to Smogon!
Since he mentioned Minecraft, it's very possible he's playing Pixelmon. Pixelmon goes up to Gen 5 to stay respective to Gamefreak, but it's possible the server he's playing on has disabled Pokemon after Gen 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)