SM OU New to competitive, did some research. Help me rate my team and give me suggestions, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serperior (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Leaf Storm w/ Contrary to sharply boost Sp. Atk every use to make up for Serperior's low sp. atk stats.
Hidden Power [Fire} is used for countering other Grass-types as well as Celesteele, Magnezone, Ferrothorn, and other Grass-type Pokemon I need to take out safely.

Garchomp-Mega (M) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

I used the advantage of Garchomp-Mega with his high attack stat for Earthquake + STAB and his 120 sp. atk w/ Fire Blast for threats. Draco Meteor is my last resort move before I switch out or die (just how I think of using it). Stealth Rock is applied in case my Toxapex dies before being able to place Toxic Spikes or the Toxic Spikes are removed (or if the opponent Protects which I've encountered commonly).

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Late game sweeper, nothing much to it.

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Go-to tank and toxic spikes set. Also use Haze to remove any Calm Mind, Quiver Dance, Dragon Dance, etc spammers. Scald for STAB + burn potential. Recover for obvious reasons.

Hawlucha (M) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Hawlucha pairs up w/ Tapu Lele and her Psychic Surge with his Psychic Seed. Roost to heal + avoid x2 on Electric-type moves.

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Tapu Lele is used for Dragon-type threats and annoying Normal-type Pokemon I, for some reason, commonly meet like Snorlax.

---

Apologies for the rough explanation, I'm not the greatest at this and plan to get better in the future. Thank you for reading my rough sketch and team, lol.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)