Nattorei

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually did some crazy chain-breeding for this set to work. Enough effort will yield results. Hardly any egg moves are impossible to combine. I never understood why people whined about illegal egg moves. I focused a lot on breeding in past gens; it's kind of what I am, a breeder. I know what I'm doing. But it is difficult and a long process. Anywho, if you want, I could give you an egg to prove my point (that is if egg swap is still here; haven't checked).

P.S- Even if this doesn't work, you could always Ingrain, although that's a better move with a Swords Dance set to avoid any unwanted Skarmory from ruining it all.
...Explain your process for getting all three onto a male Pokemon of the Grass or Mineral egg groups. Technically speaking, only a male with Spikes, SR, and Leech Seed that is in either the Plant or Mineral egg groups can pass all three moves to a Tesshido.

State how you got all three moves on a male Pokemon capable of breeding with Nattorei.

I find a defensive set with Gyro Ball, Power Whip, Leech Seed, and Stealth Rocks works best.
I've had good results with that as well but with Spikes over SR (SR is much easier to get on someone else so might as well put the tougher to get move on him).

Nattorei @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

...Explain your process for getting all three onto a male Pokemon of the Grass or Mineral egg groups. Technically speaking, only a male with Spikes, SR, and Leech Seed that is in either the Plant or Mineral egg groups can pass all three moves to a Tesshido.

State how you got all three moves on a male Pokemon capable of breeding with Nattorei.
I want to mention one thing about my set: It's legal enough to pass the WiFi security checks. So either it; A) bypasses movesets altogether when checking, or B) allows any move within its learnset to be on WiFi. The thing is, you would think that Nintendo would have a check in place for illegal move combos. This should at least be the case for GBU battles (where I used it, actually). At the risk of sounding like a total idiot, could it be possible that there was a glitch? The reason I ask is that I have another Natt (obtained on #spp-wifi from some random B/W owner) that has had all three moves since I got it. Do glitches like this happen? I remember early D/P (J)'s had a bunch of issues that people abused.

Also, don't you think that it deserves all three? I know that it doesn't make a difference either way, but still...

Anyway, I suppose I'll ask about all of this when the VGC's roll around next year. Hopefully, I haven't broken the rules in advance! Heh heh...Anywho, If any two moves should be picked, I would definitely cut SR in place of Gyro Ball and just have Spikes and Leech Seed. But I'm still going to use Rugged Helmet! Additionally (more?!?!?), I hope that you don't think I'm some noobish hacker; I have spent several hundred (it might be close to one-thousand, not sure) hours on breeding/training. Although, my battle experience is lacking...Anyway...I'll shut up now...

>>>Oh great........I just checked my Breeding Log (I keep it {mainly for personal reference} to prevent things like people questioning any of my Pokemon's legality and to prove my time spent doing these things...)...I designated my Natt "mama1" and the Natt I got was called "Steve"... The chain-breeding I mentioned *did* occur, but it happened on the previous log (for Kirikizan to get Psycho Cut: I don't have a Alakazam to make it easy on me...I had to use a Drowsee, Medicham, and a random Spinda [got over WiFi for this chain...this is one reason it took a lot of work/time...] I'm...sorry for my stupidity...the whole reason for this mix-up is that whole craziness plus the fact that I usually trust people too much when doing WiFi trades, because I've been lucky in that I get legal Pokemon 85-95% of the time. I ended up using the WiFi Natt with mine. It's still in the Day Care and so I was able to check, thank goodness. At least now I know...)
Please forgive me...I promise not to be *as* stupid (the fact that I call myself stupid over and over again is normal...continuing on...). I would still like to be a contributing member to this community.

Hello. First of all, I really recommend you change the language of this analysis. Smogon analyses in general prefers third-person writing, and to put it simply, "you" are not a Pokemon, nor are "you" using any moves. To have an example of this type of writing, take a look at a 4th generation OU analysis, or look at Zekrom's WIP to see what the style of writing is like. The analysis could also be more sophisticated in general.

The moves and items of the game also needs proper punctuation, so that can be easily fixed. And I also want you to decide on the main EV spread of the sets, not using "OR" or question marks. The reader needs to know why that spread is good, and if there is an alternate EV spread that can take its place. I recommend the "better" EV spread.

Oh, and by the way, the pic doesn't work. Try the animated sprite gallery at Arkeis: http://www.arkeis.com/animatedsprites.html.
exactly. the phrasing in the OP is extremely awkward, and the style is not really up to the standard. I don't think you should capitalize anything.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok this analysis is going to need a lot of work to meet standards. The content here isn't bad, but the way it's set up doesn't meet our quality requirements.

Firstly: the names of movesets, moves, types, stats and items are all capitalized. Entry Hazard Lead. Stealth Rock. Leftovers. Special Defense. etc.

Secondly, every paragraph needs a </p> tag to go with the <p> tag that starts them.

Third, the analyses are not written in first-person. The sentence "Iron Head is better in my opinion because of the flinch bonus, but Gyro ball is more powerful." should be replaced by something that gives the same meaning but without the personal influence. Something like "Iron Head may be a better option due to the chance of flinching, but Gyro Ball is more powerful".

We also put slashes in between choices in movesets, not "OR".

Next, have you actually used all of these sets? This analysis reeks of theorymon, which is really not helpful since we have a simulator and a server now. Swords Dance + Thunder Wave + Gyro Ball + Power Whip? What is that set going to beat that any other Nattorei set won't? It's walled by pretty much every defensive Pokemon in the game. Thunder Wave + Gyro Ball is pretty silly in it's own right. Also, you talked about an Iron Head flinch chance as if that is ever going to happen. The set you gave makes Nattorei have 86 Speed, which ties with 0 Speed Snorlax with a -Speed nature. What are you going to flinch? Just remove the "Novelty" set completely and put Swords Dance in other options.

Now, onto the sets themselves...Power Whip should be the first option over Explosion in the Entry Hazard Lead set. Quite frankly, Explosion sucks on Nattorei.

Shed Shell should probably be an option on most of these sets, at the LEAST it should go in Other Options. This will be especially true once DW Shanderaa is released.

Also, maximizing Attack can be a great option on Nattorei. It gets the two best moves of its types, Gyro Ball and Power Whip, and it's base Attack stat is actually quite good for a defensive Pokemon. Nattorei has excellent defenses even with no investment. Gyro Ball has 225 base power against a lot of things, and Power Whip has 180. Most Pokemon would kill for even one move with that kind of base power.

This analysis was your first post and you haven't come back since to either address people's concerns or edit your post. What's going on?

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I suggest you slash in leech seed in for spikes or stealth rocks as well as slashing power whip for gyro ball seeing as both moves can be useful on nattorei later in the game if he sets up what needs to be set up. For example nattorei may only need to set up spikes for your team so why not use something like leech seed which is more useful in that place.

EDIT: Read something.
I caught a relaxed 1. Going to customize it since i can't find any good sets working. I would like Sassy but in my current state of not being able to make pokes @ 5th gen. I'm going to have to work with what I can get.

Rugged Helmet needs to be listed on these sets, as on the lead set, it can deter Rapid Spinners, as they will take about 30% every time they try to spin away your hazards, and on the toxic stall set, it speeds up your opponent's demise, while still giving you good recovery with Leech Seed

I'll take over if I could do so...I would love to contribute to the site, especially considering that Nattorei is my new favorite Steel-type and Wall.

On the first set, I find the moveset should be Spikes / Leech Seed / Gyro Ball / Power Whip, after suing and battling Nattorei. Explosion is not so good this meta due to the fact it no longer halves the defense of the target.

On the last set, why do you have Shadow Claw slashed over Payback? They both have the same type coverage, but, in general, Payback will be stronger having base 100 power over Shadow Claws 70 base power due to his lack of high speed. Also, why would you have Iron Head slashed along side Gyro Ball? In general, Gyro Ball would be far better, again, due to his lack of speed and the general speed of OU being high and/or scarfed.

Also, since you have a Swords Dance set in your analysis, in the optional changes, you could mention that a Choice Band set could be used. With moves like Explosion, Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Payback, 94 base Atk and natural bulk, I don't see how that couldn't work. And, could you mention that a Curse set could work, seeing as though you have Chesto-Rest in the optional changes. Curse works great with Chesto-Rest, being that it raises bulk along with attack while powering Gyro Ball and making it more likely that you'll go last ensuring Payback's 100 base power.

There is a similar thread with eleven pages. if i'm allowed to post the link then let me know.
By the way, the thread you are referring to is not an analysis thread, this is the only analysis page, sadly.

O.o wow, this is poorly written. I guess thats what we get when we only have a 0 posters anaylsis(not that I can say much about activity).

Shouldn't you point out to put 0 Speed IVs on the sets with Gyro Ball? There's a big difference between a Speed Stat of 40 and a Speed Stat of 125.

I would also like to add that the OP made his account in the same month as the when this thread was posted, and that this Nattorei analysis is his only post that he has ever made.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Personally I would present it with one main set - Specially Defensive, with:
Spikes
Power Whip
Gyro Ball / Leech Seed
Leech Seed / Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock

Everything else would probably go in AC (Protect, different spreads) or OC; if Curse or Swords Dance are effective I guess they could be added too.

If there isn't anyone experienced enough to write this, I would be happy to.

I would change the EV spread to: 252HP | 48Def | 208SpD with a Def boosting nature like Impish or Relaxed. This gives you the same Special Defense while giving you 3 more defense points because the nature boost is favoured more on the Defense side and you hit a convenient jump point.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've made sure to notify the OP regarding this thread's inactivity. If I don't get a reply by tomorrow at this hour, I'll assign someone else to write Nattorei. Stay tunned.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright folks, I'm locking this thread now and consequently giving someone else the opportunity to take Nattorei. Whoever who's interested in writing Nattorei just needs to send me a PM saying so and I'll take care of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)