Walrus Myzozoa's Walrus and h8rs' Ball [Won by Yeti]

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
in last place, a tie:

lw and koc

Lw

Equestria-mlp

Wat a waste of my time... Wait its over now i have to listen again. Ok. 3/10, it could have been short n bad. Instead it was short and nationalistic.

koc

Christine lavin- dont call ur sweatheart by his name

2/10

No explanations needed i dont think, this is just boring n dumb why did u send this to me, or why you thought i would enjoy this, im lit offended, but it could just be because im writing urs last. So ill bump it to 3/10.

so 3 each

Myzozoa

next

4mask wolf
Shut Up and Kiss Me by Orianthi

I allowed this one even tho it isnt a duet, but w.e, probs shud catfail. It is actually pretty decent just too teenage-y for me. 3.5/10

Myzozoa

ok then next is rodan
Michelle-Branch Goodbye to You
Whiny vocals, not impressing with her range. The guitar is fine. Lyrics are angst+. It gets good at the very end. 4.5/10.

Myzozoa

ok so then we have a 2 way tie for like 10th or something between da letter el and shubaka17

Shubaku17 daughter ines-k

Lyrics are pretty binary, and probs shud be catfail with the drum in the middle. A strong beginning, and then it goes nowhere. 5/10.

da letter el
Waxahatchee - Whiskey & Math

She looks one of my exs, but this song is still obnoxious. 5/10

Myzozoa

ok then billymills and soul fly are tied for next place

on 6pts:

Billymills

Hannah trigwell- never gonna give you up

No flubs, she keeps it moving too through the beginning at least, then even she stops caring. 6/10

Soul fly

Becca stevens band-be still
God wat a beginning, chill becca stevens, a guitar is for strumming not hitting. And she just goes on. She is working hard, but what is she doing? Im not sure i like this, lyrics are not organized thematically, and the lack of structure or form is palpable in the second half, i.e when it drops out entirely (it was so bad before, formally, that when it drops the song gets more interesting). 6, it was kind of fun anyway, but not to listen to again ty.

Myzozoa

next is

Von fiedler

Bonnie tyler-it’s a heartache

I feel like you either get the lyrics or or you dont. Probs shud be catfail for the drums+bass, but theyre so backround. 6.9/10, the highest i would give to a track that pushes the cat reqs. I love these lyrics, but everything else just has little details that are off for me.

Myzozoa

then

Eagle4

Nico-Im not saying
Ah what a whirlwind track from nico. Unfortunately we dont get a proper nico belt until 90 seconds in to this short track and, other than the pretty instrumentals and lyrics, it’s all we get on this track from a singer that has produced some amazing vocals. This lyrics are cool, but the weakest part: Nico teaching goth girls to be quiet, angry, and very flaky since the 1960’s. 7/10

Myzozoa

then steven snype

Alexa Goddard- no place id rather be

She starts out so bad and im just like, thank god this guitar is movin. Then she hits 45 seconds and is like ‘f it’ and nails most of the rest (the guitarist was so shocked by the improvement that he flubbed). There are way too many str8 flubs before the 1st chorus even hits for me to give this much more than 7, but the rest of the take is almost pristine for a live take. Sing it girl, dont be scared to let it out. 7.2/10 like they say at the end of the vid “welcome to hollywood’.

Myzozoa

5th

Asek

PJ Harvey

Beautiful Feeling

So I made an exception for pj harvey, as this is from a song I had not heard before. I enjoyed the chorus a lot, and the harmonization was typical, the song didnt get really good until the last minute or so. There is a reason why I informed certain users that I was allowing PJ harvey submits for tracks I dont listen to. This song feels unfinished, and unpolished, the middle just didnt come off interestingly. The lyrics seem to question the transparency of intensive analysis of personal chronology, the narrator is caught up in awe at the spectacle of the present motion instead. Very interesting lyrics.

Myzozoa

2nd is a 3 way tie

between yeti, attomicllamas, and walrein

Walrein

History erasure-courtney barnett

She has some problems it might seem. Half of this is horrible, mainly her lyrics and singing. The guitar and chorus is cool tho. 8/10. it gave me hope yeti wouldnt win this cat and then did not deliver on repeated listenings.

AtomicLlamas

Aurora-Murder Song

Starts out just right, like Aurora read the book by PJ Harvey, a sweet guitar line to support the vocalist as they thunder across registers. The secondary vocalist providing support doesnt help for me, but doesnt intrude too much. A little repetitive at times, but an amazing final verse before the end and her upper register is just mm mm. 8, singer is fire.

Yeti

metric - synthetica (acoustic live)

No amateurs or flubs on this live take, ty. Very yeah yeah yeahs, down to a toneless, cut to speech ending that i enjoyed. the lyrics are w.e, even psychologically cringe-y (like who is she tryna convince lol?), this song was pleasantly familiar. 8/10.

Myzozoa

so first

Texas Cloverleaf

Lights- muscle memory

Flubs on some verse finish-outs (like final notes/cadences on verses) on this live take, these are huge flubs, since theyre so obv to the audience. Other than those flubs near the beginning, Music and lyrics are excellent. 8.4, god i never thought anyone would get above 8 on this. This is far above the other submits in terms of ambition, lyricism, musicality, not being boring etc. i think i graded this quite a bit lower the first time i heard it but the second time i caught more of the lyrics, which are relatable if unpleasant.

Myzozoa

next reveal, the highly anticipated hydra, is monday at 8 PM west coast USA time, if this changes ill make a post

Last edited:

Myzozoa

in last place 4maskwolf from mu

Rocket from the crypt- I'm not invisible

This is an ok song, still havent heard any strings or horns. Oh those might be saxophones at the end.

Myzozoa

next, tied for 2nd to last

Billymills:

Im not gonna listen to this again, and it didnt work the first time. 2/10

steven snype

Snype

3. Hydra - Chambermaid Swing - Parov Stelar

tight beat with muted trumpets playing a line over. It gets too boring to contemplate the second half, it shud have been over at 3 minutes, imo. 2/10. This is str8 what is wrong with modern music, no one even cares to not be repetitive, they live to see how many times they can have u listen to the same line over and over. I wanted to die at the end. 3 million views for someone who wrote one riff on a drum machine/computer (yeah that isnt actually a real trumpet is a synth trumpet imo, feel bad if someone actually had to record that line, but would love to be proven wrong).

Myzozoa

then tied on 6 pts von fiedler and eagle4

Eagle 4 woodkin iron

Cool opening with the brass choir and then some trap. It’s not all the exciting but it stays moving when the brass choir isnt there. Singing is just not especially interesting, but each successive brass choir return will save it. Thankfully it never gets gratuitously repetitive, just regular repetitive. 6/10.

Run Away by Sunstroke Project & Olia Tira

Synth pop start into some weird smooth jazz thing. Singing is not that interesting. It’s just kind of… obnoxious? Like too much for me. It’s kind of a banger, nonetheless. 6/10

Myzozoa

next texas cloverleaf

Im told there is some instrument on this track that qualifies but idk what it is. Ok it’s kind of pretty, and it moves along, struggling to not be obnoxiousness or repetitive. Pretty only takes me so far. The guitar comes in to repeat some lines or something or have a solo. Weee. then it is back to being really pretty. There is some cool stuff in the near end where the guitar and pipes are doing some mimicry, but this is not blowing me out of the water. 6.1/10

Myzozoa

next is the three ppl tied on 7

lightwolf

Rooftop Run (Modern) - Sonic Generations OST

This song has a killer beginning. And it keeps going, but never goes beyond fun into interesting. It has a cool, but not especially interesting composition. Rock band+string choir ( 5 players that i can hear, but i reckon 6 at least) 7/10 if youre gonna listen to tons of music from video games it might as well be from sonic.

Pdc

[Echo & The Bunnymen - Silver]

This is a pretty fun track, with some really fun lyrics, but it is pretty uninteresting after intro for a while. Overall this song isnt really my favorite type of thing, mainly due to singing, but it was fun to listen to a few times. It got bump up .2 points to a 7 instead of 6.8 because i probably would give it a 7.5+ rating if someone else sang it, i just generally do not like this singer’s range/tone. He gets better as the track goes on. 7/10

Asek

the world is a beautiful place and i am no longer afraid to die - fightboat
Ok this has a cool beginning, everything is great until they start singing, but they manage not mess it entirely. This type of music isnt completely my thing, it's not so far tho. 7/10

btw i forgot shubaka who also submitted clean bandit

Clean bandit- rather be

Eh it’s fine, i heard this one before in this walus, ill give this a 7/10 or so, as well, this singers is eh. Her interpretation is just not that interesting especially on the chorus where she is singing inside of the guitar on the pick-up (to the entrance of the chorus). That is an incredibly bunk interpretation of articulation on a song that is supposed to have a really fun and kind of obnoxious or desperate chorus, and she is hiding inside the guitar to make her attack?? Hmm.

Last edited:

Myzozoa

ok next in like idk 8th?

koc

Aight so we got a pretty gothic violin or viola or something line to start up, maybe it’s a string quartet who knows? Point is it is pretty angsty and old fashioned. On the first listen I was excited for the lyrics. Turns out it is pretty repetitive. A strong beginning, a fun track, but beyond a pale comparison to amy winehouse I have nothing to add from repeat listens, except that she over uses vibrato even in the small amounts she employs it, it is never employed strictly correctly, not once, by any player on this track (note the ending is flaccid due to the vibrato by the violin player), which leads me to believe it is some stylistic error. 7.2/10

Myzozoa

next in 7th or 8th or smthg

Rodan-lights flashing

8 is the official pandercap ive heard, -.5 for this isnt the full album version and why would you take a whole minute off a gr8 song?? and -.1 censorship on lyrics=7.4

But lets do a write up of a song that is surely a 10/10. To start with this song questions the notion that vision yields transparent knowledge, kanye struggles to see in the flashing lights, parallels kanye’s struggle to find happiness in a world (a-list celeb) that fascinates him and alienates him. Usual 10/10 ye beat, but if you want to pander you better do it 100% flawless, sorry rodan.

Ok moving on the song gestures at an unlimitedness to celebrity performance. How far should you go?

One of my fav ways of listening to this song is that Kanye is talking how he has mistreated himself. In any case, kanye identifies with the material indulgences of the lover is discoursing with in the lyrics, he sees aspects of himself, or his experiences, reflected in their spectacle.

Myzozoa

in 6th i think Soul fly

Snarky puppy and orchestra- gretal

This sounds beautiful throughout. Hearing what i assume is some sort of rock song, idk, arranged to be accompanied by orchestra, is interesting. Orchestral accompaniment magnifies both the strong and weak segments of this song, which suffers from repetitiveness in several passages. They sound killer tho, at all times, there is always something good going on on this track. I rated this a 7.8 on the first listen, the promised ending easily brings this up to 8+, but then what, all of sudden they just died at the end, so uh, what happened w that? Maybe it’s just a poorly written ending, that needs something else, ugh. 7.9/10, sorry bro, I was gonna give this 8+ and then the ending died just as it was gonna be killer. Thanks for the blue balls, now i have to hope this one isnt the best submit as i finish the rest of my listens.

7.9/10

Myzozoa

next in 5th

atomicllamas

Clean bandit-dust clears

Ok the beginning is something different, but not especially exciting or interesting. This one is a pretty slow starter until the strings pick it up, and it comes 2 minutes in. after the strings leave, there is a strong beat to carry it out to the end, and the autotune is sometimes very good, but sometimes it is just ‘ugh autotune’. The final verses and chorus and really strong and sound really good, so a strong ending. I did repeat listens for the lyrics. 8. Dust clears, tears dry. I had a difficult time rating this one because I liked it a lot on the first listen, didn’t like it much on the next 2, and then caught the lyrics and got kind of into it. There are def some really strong parts of this track, like the ending.

Clean bandit- rather be

Eh it’s fine, i heard this one before in this walus, ill give this a 7/10 or so, as well, this singers is eh. Her interpretation is just not that interesting especially on the chorus where she is singing inside of the guitar on the pick-up (to the entrance of the chorus). That is an incredibly bunk interpretation of articulation on a song that is supposed to have a really fun and kind of obnoxious or desperate chorus, and she is hiding inside the guitar to make her attack?? Hmm.

next in 5th

atomicllamas

Clean bandit-dust clears

Ok the beginning is something different, but not especially exciting or interesting. This one is a pretty slow starter until the strings pick it up, and it comes 2 minutes in. after the strings leave, there is a strong beat to carry it out to the end, and the autotune is sometimes very good, but sometimes it is just ‘ugh autotune’. The final verses and chorus and really strong and sound really good, so a strong ending. I did repeat listens for the lyrics. 8. Dust clears, tears dry. I had a difficult time rating this one because I liked it a lot on the first listen, didn’t like it much on the next 2, and then caught the lyrics and got kind of into it. There are def some really strong parts of this track, like the ending.

Clean bandit- rather be

>cover of rather be
>it's the official video
>:thonkang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)