ORAS Doubles OU My OU Doubles team Rate my team (Rain Team)

Kipper flippers (Swampert) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect
So he's one of my swift swim sweepers. Waterfall is his powerful stab move and is boosted by rain. Earthquake is another stab move when he is with another Pokemon use protect or swap into thunderous. Ice punch is for pesky dragons, flying, and grass type Pokemon

Slippy (Politoed) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Encore
- Helping Hand
- Protect
He brings out rain. If he is forced to attack Scald is stab plus rain. Encore can stop any set-up Pokemon or making the opponent to spam electric type moves and swap in Swampert
1-UP (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Protect
Breloom is here to take out water types trying to use my rain or kill steel types and rock. Spore can help by putting tough Pokemon to sleep and there is no sleep clause.
Sir Cumference (Escavalier) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect
escavalier is here to stop fairies with resist and kill them with iron head. Megahorn can help kill grass types and physic types. Knock off can get items off people which is useful. He can also perform well in trick room teams.
The Mighty Zeus (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
He's here to stop trick rooms. Thunder wave helps paralyze Pokemon to slow them and potentially stop them from attacking. Thunder is stap move with 100% accuracy now. Hp ice is here for more coverage.
Marazzi (Ludicolo) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
Ludicolo is my other swift swim sweeper. Fake out when he is sent in will do free damage and flinch a threat. Giga drain is stab grass type and can heal. Ice beam helps with what was said previously. Hydro pump is stab water attack in rain.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Hello there, welcome to Smogon. Doubles OU is a really fun metagame, and I'm happy to see one of my favorite play styles; rain. Before I start, I just wanna say that technically you're supposed to have three lines of description for each Pokemon, but since this team looks pretty solid I'm going to ignore that and give you a rate anyways. Like I said, this team is pretty solid, and I have only a couple suggestions.

To start things off, you have some crazy EVs on Breloom, which to be honest aren't really necessary. Breloom has pretty frail defenses (60 HP / 80 Def / 60 SpD), so investing in it's bulk isn't really going to help Breloom live any extra hits. Breloom's role on a team is to serve as an offensive support, which means to quick come in, Spore some things, and take care of opposing Water-types. Due to it's frailty, it doesn't usually stick around too long in a game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Because of that, I'm going to recommend that you invest fully into Attack and Speed with a speed boosting nature. That'll make the spread 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP with a Jolly nature. This will help Breloom better perform its role, which is to get a KO or two while spamming everything with Spore.

Speaking of Breloom, you may want to consider replacing it with Talonflame. That may sound weird bringing a Fire-type on a rain team, but its great against bulky Steel-types such as Ferrothorn, as well as Kyurem-B; two of rain's best counters. You don't have to do this, since Breloom can kind of fulfill this role, but Talonflame has a better matchup against Kyurem-B, and its also another Flying-type for Swampert to Earthquake next to (typically you want two Ground immunes if one mon has Earthquake). If you do this, I think the standard set with Tailwind would suite your team best. Also if you do this, your team is a little weaker to Rock-types, so I'll recommend you switch Knock Off to Drill Run on Escavalier.

Next up is Ludicolo EVs. Unlike Breloom, Ludicolo has some pretty great bulk with Assault Vest, and your EVs aren't really taking advantage of that. I recommend running 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe with a Modest nature. This gives you just enough speed to outspeed Jolly Choice Scarf'd Landorus-T in Rain (which you can then damage heavily with Ice Beam), while still running max special attack with some overall bulk in the form of HP. Otherwise Ludicolo is looking good:]

I personally recommend that you run Thunderbolt on Thundurus instead of Thunder. While yes, Thunder does technically deal more damage in the Rain, Thunderbolt is just far more reliable in the fact it won't miss in the off chance that Rain isn't up. Plus considering that Politoed is your only setter, its bound to happen at some point. This is mostly a personal thing (since it has happened to me before). Thunder really isn't a bad option. However, if you do choose to run Thunder, I recommend running Rain Dance over HP Ice as means to ensure that Thunder won't miss. That and since Swampert and Ludicolo are so dependent on Rain, having a back-up plan in case Politoed can't switch-in or is fainted is never a bad idea.

Those are my suggestions. Feel free to ask if you have any questions to me or the Doubles room on PS, we're always willing to help. Again this team looks pretty good, commendably so if its your first. You definitely have potential of being a great Doubles teambuilder. Good luck, and once again, welcome to Smogon!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)