Metagame My Minun's(XY) moveset that worked very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have seen that there is no known moveset for Minun, which I find a little bit disturbing.

I have used Minun in very much competitive battles allready and it outspeeded many pokemon and OHKO'd them by that.

It's moveset is:
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Substitute/Wish
Protect

It's specifics are:
Nature: Timid
Used in: OU and Doubles
Item: Life Orb
EV's: 4 HP, 252 SpA and 252 Spe

Moves:
If you start with a good Substitute and then Thunderbolt your way out, it could work out. But if you see that your opponent starts out with a pokemon that doesn't need any power-ups and could OHKO or 2HKO you it would better be to use Volt Switch. Also if you end up against a Pokemon (not ground-type) that learned the move Earthquake it could be better to Volt Switch your way out to a Flying-type or Levitate pokemon.

Set Details:
With the 252 investment in Speed you could outspeed many pokemon that have a Weakness to Lightning, a.e. Mega-Charizard Y and Fletchinder. The 252 investment in Special Attack will help it to OHKO some of them with a quick Thunderbolt, like the Mega-Charizard Y if not invested anything in Special Defense. The rest should be invested in HP or Def.

Usage Tips:
When starting you better use Substitute or Volt Switch, except if you can easily OHKO the opponent with Thunderbolt. For a safe first turn, you could still use Protect or for another possibility that could KO or hardly damage Minun. If you choose for Wish you could use it to either Protect next turn or heal another pokemon of your team if Minun can't do anything.

Team Options:
For the best use of Volt Switch a Flying-type or Levitate pokemon could be good to have in your team, perhaps Skarmory. To eliminate Ground type pokemon the best partner is a bulky Mega-Venusaur with Giga Drain or a Greninja with Ice Beam and Scald.

Hi Lil Myny, there are a few issues with this thread. First of all, we don't do threads on individual Pokemon here in NU, because they don't promote discussion and there really isn't much to say. Second of all, your set is written for OU and Doubles, and this is the NU forum. If you have any ideas for threads in the future, feel free to PM me and I'll be more than willing to help you out, but for now I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)