My first team

I'm just getting into Competitive Battling. I know how to setup a team, and what to do, but nothing I setup seems to be working. Help me figure out what to change on my team. Also, I'm not quite sure what items to put on each pokemon.

Here's my team:

Rotom-W:
Calm Nature
Ability:Levitate
Held item: not sure
EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252SpD
Moves: Hydro Pump, Volt Switch, HP: Ice, Trick

Rotom would be a special attacker, with his water/electric typing, it leaves him with few weaknesses. I put HP: Ice on this pokemon because there is only one other pokemon on my team that can do damage to dragons. Hydro pump will take down pesky fire types aswell.

Blissey:
Careful Nature
Ability: Natural cure
EVs: 252Hp/128SpA/128SpD
Moves: Sing, Focus Blast, Healing Wish, Toxic

Blissey is just a tank. Pair her up with Zoroark, and you have an overpowered double with very few weaknesses. With toxic, it allows Blissey to use Toxic to its fullest, and getting the most damage done possible.

Zoroark:
Modest Nature
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 96HP/252SpA/162Spe
Moves: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast

Zoroark is a very effective STAB attacker. With flamethrower and focus blast, it allows him to cover some of his weaknesses. Nasty Plot is also a good move to put on him, because very few pokemon have access to this move.

Excadrill:
Naughty Nature
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 128HP/252Atk/128Spe
Moves: Drill Run, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Earthquake

Excadrill is a physical attacker. He sets up hazards, and has rapid spin to clear hazards. This makes him a very effective attacker. Earthquake and Drill run are both powerful moves that will let him do damage when needed.

Glaceon:
Bold Nature
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs:252HP/252Defense/6SpD
Moves: Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Fake Tears, Barrier

Glaceon is a good Defensive wall. With Fake Tears and Barrier, this allows the stats to be raised tremendously. Blizzard is a very powerful STAB attack, which takes out those pesky dragons, and shadow ball for when needed.

Charizard:
Rash Nature
Ability: Blaze
Held item: Charzardite Y
EVs: 252SpA/252Spe/6Atk
Moves: Dragon Dance, Roost, Flame Burst, Flamethrower

Mega Charizard Y is a very good Special attacker, with Dragon dance to raise its attacking power, and roost to keep it alive. Flame burst and flamethrower are both very powerful fire type moves, which help take out ice and grass types.

Again this is my first team, and I'm not sure how to do this, but give me feedback and tell me what to change. Thanks!

Sorry for posting an incomplete thread the first time. This was my first thread and I was unaware that this was a rule. Sorry for any problems.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)