SM NU My First Competitive Team

I've played seldom Showdown or comp, but I would love to get into it. Here is my NU team.

malamar[1].gif

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Malamar is a Pokémon that I think has potential. It has a good enough attack stat to do damage, and is bulky enough to take a hit. I chose a brave nature because it's not going first anyways, I need it to stay bulky, and I want a bit of power on HP Fire. Knock off can remove leftovers, which is this set's weakness. Psycho cut is really only for the stab, and a psychic type move is never bad. HP fire is really only for bug types and is a last resort, but I do have switch ins to bug types, such as...

minior-meteor[1].gif

Minior-Meteor
@ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Substitute​
Not that much to say here, this mon is the best! With white herb this gets a free +2 atk, spatk, and speed with no downside. And, then minior can start dishing out damage with STAB acrobatics and earthquakes, and can substitute as a two-for-one. It gets a free turn, and can get it into meteor form, raising attack. However, no team is complete without a cleric.
aromatisse[1].gif

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell​
Aromatisse is an awesome healer, wish-switching (try saying that 5x fast!) and ringing bells. Along with moonblast to slay some dragons and protect to add even more bulk against something like a Silvally-Steel. Bold will raise this thing's defense through the roof, and with no hurt. Just wish and then switch off to something that will take the health, whether to tank an extra hit or put it in top-fighting condition.

sneasel[1].gif

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off​
You know it's good when it was suspected, so here's my revenge killer! Most of these options are fairly obvious, but I use Ice shard for the priority STAB. Of course there's pursuit for revenge kills, and icicle crash can be used if you're sure you outspeed (which is fairly likely.) Then we have knock off just cause.
cryogonal[1].gif

Cryogonal @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic​
While it usually can't hard switch, a good rapid spinner is always nice. Freeze-dry gets all the great things of ice, but can freeze water, too. Flash cannon can be a last resort if a fairy is bullying Malamar or Sneasel, and toxic has great utility. The goal is for this to outspeed things, so I used timid for the speed boost. And, last but not least...
steelix[1].gif

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Gyro Ball​
Finally, my slow but steady offense, Steelix. Offensive rocks can't be beat, as it leads doorways to act as a tank or a killer. Gyro ball does heaps against a fast opponent, like a sneasel. Earthquake can help counter other steel types, and protect can help this stay on the field to get another leftys boost.

So there you have it, my second-ever NU team. I would really appreciate it if you took the time to rate this. Thanks!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)