Other Metagames My AG Beat Up Team

Hello people!

This is the first time I’ve done an RMT. I apologise for mistakes in advance. This is a gimmick beat up team consisting of Weavile, Lando-T, and 4 Deoxys-A. All maxed out with 252 Atk EVs and Attack raising Nature (except Weavile who is Jolly). Please open the spoiler if you wish to know the sets and explanations. This gimmick team was discovered by YouTuber Elo Bandit, However I made some adjustments and would like to know how this team fares in AG.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Weavile is the gimmick exploiter of the Team. Choice Band and 252 Atk ensures maximum damage on Beat Up for it’s side. The Icicle Crash, Ice shard and Low kick are for things it can’t kill with Beat Up or simply does more damage(M-Ray etc.) It’s fast and hits hard. It even survives a Flare Blitz off of Arcanine. Not sure why since the calcs I run indicate it would OHKO me. Maybe the guy I battled didn’t invest in Attack, since he also ran Fire Blast. Weird. Also, since Beat Up is a multi-hit move, it breaks sub which is great at taking out Sub Con Serperior and Baton Pass teams.

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Lando is a switch in to things that would straight up eat Weavile for Breakfast, like V-create M-Ray or things that carry Mach Punch. It builds momentum with U-turn and helps set Stealth Rocks, which is excellent for breaking Baton Pass teams. I brought Stone Edge instead of Rock slide for extra power. Adamant nature again.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Boost

Now for Deoxys spam. The sets on all four Deox are the same except variation in Poison Jab, the elemental Punches and Knock off. Extreme speed is for breaking Sashes and KOing things faster(like Baton Pass teams with Speed Boost ‘mon). Psycho Boost is a great last-ditch effort to kill things. Knock off is great for removing Life Orbs and Scarfs which would otherwise outspeed Weavile. Sashes is for revenge killing after Weavile/Lando dies or just surviving hits.

Lonely Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Psycho Boost

Fire Punch for Klefki and Magearna running around AG, and for OHKOing M-Scizor. M-scizor is surprisingly common in AG, at least in my plays.

Lonely Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Poison Jab
- Psycho Boost

Poison Jab is for Fairies and for Poisoning things. That’s about it. The Deo spreads are really almost the same.

Lonely Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Psycho Boost

Thunder Punch is for Flying things, bulky Waters and generally a good move to use. Not much to say again but I’ll talk about Superpower. It’s for Chansey/Blissey walls that can tank Psycho Boost and everything else. This OHKOs on the spot. Also a Calc on Psycho Boost on M-Ray:

61F7B337-DBD8-484E-9D18-7B74BD679295.jpeg

M-Ray would OHKO Deoxys if not for its Focus Sash. Then, Psycho Boost hits. Finally, Extreme speed from Deo is faster then M-Ray’s Extreme Speed and will KO.
Thanks for reading! Please leave some ideas to rectify my team.
Note: I have attempted to ladder with this team before with surprising success, at ~1600 on ladder. Baton Pass teams have to be executed perfectly against this or Beat Up kills them all. HO teams love to eat Weavile but the Deos take care of that. Bulky offense teams give me trouble, though.

Kate

Moving In Stereo
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
This is an incredibly... well, bad team. You have no hazard control whatsoever, meaning pdon comes in, sets up rocks, and then u lose to mray. Your deo sets just seem randomly thrown together for no real reason. You also seem to forget that the oppo can switch. Fairceus dominates your team, serperior and arcanine arent run in AG. Getting to 1600 really isnt an accomplishment with the AG ladder as shit as it is. Also, M scizor is not common AT all. Klefki is dead now. Also, 252+ Atk Deoxys-A Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Magearna: 204-240 (56 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and them mag kills. I could go on abut how terrible this team is, but I don't think i need to. Just run psychic terrain if you really want to use deo. Psy spam isnt the best playstyle, but thats ur call.

Ok, so I feel like I should be nice:https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/anything-goes.3587441/ that is for sample teams that do much better than your current team, built by people who know AG
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/anything-goes-resources.3591711/ This is the viability rankings if you want to build your own team. Any mon not there is considered unviable (Although there are fringe mons that can be used, like tran currently)

So I also feel I should go over the plastyles. You seem familiar with two of them, baton pass and Hyper Offense. There is also Stall and Balance (P sure balance is the best rn) Check the second link to see the cores of the builds.

I wish you luck building, and hope to face you on ladder!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)