MS Paint Gallery

Braaaaains. I somehow never managed to shake off the zombie feeling whenever I look at Voodoom. Some people obviously view Voodoom in a different light.

It's a bit rushed but i'd never get it finished if I put it off and it was a bit of an experment. I should probably try and do more work using pixel artist techniques rather than doodling cartoon images.

I've also been thinking of either live streaming or uploading sped up recordings of recent. I doubt there would be enough people interested in the former since it is a pretty meticulous process but the option's there if anybody wants it. I'll definately try out recording sometime.

chocolate-kipp said:
I've never seen you around here before :o

Your work is...simply amazing. I especially love your Krillowatt and Revenankh pixel art, and the deer, and...all of it. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be with MS Paint. Your new Voodoom is looking great so far as well.

How long does it take you to make these? I assume a long time, since this just got necro'd, haha.
Not long at all these days. I can crank out smaller images in less than an hour. I just went on haitus due to trying to avoid the gen 5 spoiler rush and because CaP forum activity shot down.

Xaqwais said:
Requesting to see more work-in-progress pics, if you don't mind Wyv!
Can do! I have no qualms about saving more images. Anybody who has requests like this, please don't be afraid to speak your mind.

Without background:

Welcome home, Wyv! I enjoy your take on Voodoom there, as, I interpret, a scary cryptkeeper hobbling on his pin through a graveyard during a lightning storm in search of....friendship!

I'd have liked to have seen you push it a bit further, but I get what you mean about working on a project 'forever'.

Hope this means we'll be seeing updates again!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Obligatory post of SQQQQQUEEEEEEEE IT'S WYV!

I really like the pose, setting and lighting of the Voodoom there, though I feel its 'tattered' texture could be emphasised a bit more for even greater effect. Still magnificent though!

I guess I'm the only one thats not enthralled with Wyverii's return, but perhaps its just my competitive spirit. I still long to be as good as you wyverii, but I'd say i'm not too far now. I'm sure as usual this post will get ignored by the OP, only to rot in silence XD

(Left= new, right= old)

I decided to tweak my old work of Jester for old times sake. Though not as popular as Cascavian overall this fella was one of my favourite ideas I had ever made. It participated in CaP 7's design and lost to the anime-esque shadow beast Kitsunoh. Kit has since grown on me and become one of my favourite winning cap designs. Perhaps I just have a thing or ghost/steels and/or trickery.

It find it extremely funny how differently I work now compared to back when I originally made this piece. I've become a lot more competent at shaping and shading metal and have lost my taste for using a lot of highlights. My choices in colours also appear to be getting brighter and more colourful as time goes on. Still got a lot to improve upon overall but seeing this change makes me glad i'm not stale artisticly.

Doran Dragon said:
I guess I'm the only one thats not enthralled with Wyverii's return, but perhaps its just my competitive spirit. I still long to be as good as you wyverii, but I'd say i'm not too far now. I'm sure as usual this post will get ignored by the OP, only to rot in silence XD
I only tend to respond to people when I think I have something worth saying. Just because I don't always respond doesn't mean I don't pay attention. Speaking of paying attention your work has improved in leaps and bounds lately. I'll head over to your thread at some point to elaborate and look over your art in more detail.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

'ere we go. Finished Argho. It should have been done a lot quicker but hey I had a few things to do. Hopefully I haven't gotten too rusty at this. The offer for you guys to PM some good requests is still open by the way.
I've seen artwork of this guy before but with no name attached or anything, so his existence was the only thing I knew of. Seeing him in this thread in full sprited glory is about the same experience as I first saw him. Judging by your own posts, his design isn't one of your own favorites, but the simplicity and the fact that he's a friggin' boxing pirate squid makes for such a lovable concept that makes me wish he would be a fakemon no more.

Good to see that you've just recently gotten more active, and I eagerly anticipate new creations!

I only tend to respond to people when I think I have something worth saying. Just because I don't always respond doesn't mean I don't pay attention. Speaking of paying attention your work has improved in leaps and bounds lately. I'll head over to your thread at some point to elaborate and look over your art in more detail.
Im sorry, that was rude of me to say that XD, thanks very much! I must say you really have improved since the first jester sprite! the colors are much cleaner and give the metal parts a more clean cut. I'm actually not liking the Voodoom, but thats just a personal oppinion.

Just a little thing I whipped up quickly. 4 colours. The palette and whole idea was taken from a pixel joint competition called mixed up nature where people were to choose from 4 different 4 colour palettes and represent an element of nature with it. Twist was that unusual colours were used for each element, fire was blues, water was reds, etc. I took their air palette and ran with it.

Holy crap why did I do this oh god this is killing my computer.

I decided to try my hand at a bit of 3D with krill. The model I made here is the second i've ever done, after trying out the program (sculptris) with a quick few min bird head.

It was a lot of fun doing this. I think I may be hooked on the program now, no matter how much my laptop complains while using it. Next stop will be doing a decent texture for krill. My last attempt at it caused huge slowdown so I might have to simplify my model a bit.

Some different viewing angles below:

Another viewpoint.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I tried Sculptris once.

In all seriousness, I really admire 3D modeling. As you can see by my attempt, I'm pretty much convinced it takes an artistic and technical genius to make even semi-decent models. And that Krilowatt is way more than semi-decent. The bird is sweet as hell too. I look forward to more modeling!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)