Most Underated Pokemon in 4th Gen

I've been using an Uxie fairly consistently on a Rain Dance team recently, and it's doing incredibly well for me. Tempted to muck about with Miltank in OU too, although god knows how that'll turn out. Probably miserably. But that's fine.

I feel the need to mention OU SubCharge Lanturn

Can switch into a lot of common special attackers and 2/3 of the common FWG core, set up a sub, and is one of the few special attackers that will beat Blissey 1v1 (if SS isn't up). And it's the closest thing to a 100% Starmie counter
Blissey is a 100% Starmie counter.

Froslass.
It almost always can get 1-3 layers of spikes depending on if you try to taunt the opponent, along with a free KO with Destiny Bond. Anything that can get one KO and help support the team is pretty awesome. Ice Shard makes it able to take out Aerodactyl and Azelf and other faster leads (not that there are many), but there's rarely room for it.

Froslass.
It almost always can get 1-3 layers of spikes depending on if you try to taunt the opponent, along with a free KO with Destiny Bond. Anything that can get one KO and help support the team is pretty awesome. Ice Shard makes it able to take out Aerodactyl and Azelf and other faster leads (not that there are many), but there's rarely room for it.
Destiny Bond does not always guarantee a KO. I find it to be extremely unreliable, and extremely predictable on Frosslass. It is a good lead, but I don't think it qualifies as underrated because the set you mentioned is probably one of its most common ones.

A more underrated Frosslass set in my opinion is Choice Scarf/Specs with BoltBeam, Shadow Ball, and Trick, especially when used in the lead spot. So many people assume it is the standard Frosslass lead, and then BAM! Swampert, Bronzong, bulky/easily taunted leads get a nifty Scarf or Specs slapped onto them. Sure, Gengar can do this better, and this set is walled by Magnezone, but it can still do respectable damage.

I'd still say Froslass is underrated as a lead despite some of it's problems. She has a few pokemon she can work with as an effective lead combination; Swampert and Heatran being the most common ones.

There are several for me and it seems half of them are either attacking leads or support leads. Staraptor hits EVERYTHING hard, not just common leads(hi Machamp and hello Heatran). It can use Lum Berry in the lead slot or a Scarf. Life Orb set is pretty dangerous too. Hariyama hits like a truck in the lead slot although it doesn't last very long, even if you switch it out for later IMO. Uxie is a great support poke and can function very similar to other support leads like Swampert and even Celebi. Yanmega with Hidden Power Ground seems like it would be a beast attacking lead in this 4th gen meta right now, though I've never tried it. Lanturn has been amazing for me overall using the set it's had access to since GSC days.

Oh, and OTR 'Zong does wreck late game :)

Underrated? STARAPTOR and SHAYMIN. Staraptor has Close Combat, Brave Bird, and Double Edge. 3 120 BP moves, and yet no one uses it. The only solid counter to it is Rotom-A, and no one uses those any more. Shaymin spent most of its life in the BL tier, only getting to OU relatively recently. It can beat Blissey 1v1. It obliterates everything.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Shaymin is far from underrated in my book. It can basically paraflinch you to death (even in Land form), and doesn't have too many counters that can stand up to that kind of abuse.

DD Whiscash.

This thing is so easy to set up it's ridiculous. No teams are ready for it because Whiscash generally blows, but it's not funny once you get 3 or 4 DDs and start sweeping with Waterfall and Earthquake.

Staraptor, Raikou, Gallade, Snorlax, Ludicolo, Slowbro and then the two most underrated pokemon that should both see top tier usage are...

Mamoswine and Empoleon.

Although both were better in earlier metas.

Blissey is the 100% Starmie counter.
Thought I'd add that in :)
Anyway I always thought that SD+Mach Punch was really underated everyone seemed to use a mix, though for a while I used Swords Dance, Mach Punch, Stone Edge, Flamethrower while being Naive. Its real counter was Salamence, but I used this set back when Salamence was in OU
Kicking ass one planet at a time - Ratchet and Clank 2 (Back Cover)

HERACROSSSSS full stop.
i mean shit like E-Vire is OU while heracross is NOT ? cmon.
Mixed sweeper that can actualy lose to blissey AND Hippowdon(THE wall you give a damn about) is just sucks.
Heracross can beat them both with his OMG dual 120 BP moves.
Not to mention it IS actualy good

Also Zapdos. I must say my team formula early on was :
Make a team.
Test.
Good ? Yes = review No = Slap Zapdos on it
99 % become good

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Personally I'm digging the event Raikou. Between a powerful T-bolt (or Thunder in rain), Aura Sphere (not just for coverage but for perfect accuracy too), Extremespeed, and 1-2 additional coverage moves or miscellaneous moves, it's got enough options to nab some surprise KOs. Sure it's got a weakness to ground, but it's got enough speed and a wide enough move pool to at least threaten anything that could counter it.

And unlike Zapdos, it's not weak to Stealth Rock damage (though it does take spikes and toxic spikes), and it doesn't sport an ice and rock weakness.

Gallade. Holy shit.

Has anyone ever used it as a lead?
Against lead Azelf, two Shadow Sneaks (with LO) kill it.
Against lead Aero, one CC and a Shadow Sneak.
Against lead Machamp, one Zen Headbutt (with 100% acc!)
Against lead Swampert, one Leaf Blade (With LO).
Against... let's see... lead Meta; one CC while it SR's, then Shadow Sneak.

It's amazing...

DD Whiscash.

This thing is so easy to set up it's ridiculous. No teams are ready for it because Whiscash generally blows, but it's not funny once you get 3 or 4 DDs and start sweeping with Waterfall and Earthquake.
I tried wiscash before but it is just too easily walled. Waterfall+eq+stone edge gets walled badly by grass types. Bounce versions get countered by gyrados, dragonite, and zapdos. Its also much weaker then gyrados, allowing you to always get countered by swampert, skarmory, and even hippowodon can roar you out once. Toxic spikes completely ruin you and its wayyy to slow after just 1 dd (slower then starmie??). Wiscash deffinitely has a nitch in ou but its still not worth using to me.

I'm gonna have to say this Pokemon

Those RestTalk and Curse sets are insane.
Yeah, Cradilly was a bitch. Nobody prepared for it, but once it set up, you got destroyed.

Also, Zapdos, kinda. It has always been OU and is one of the most used ones out there (I think), but seriously, that thing is great. Good typing and defenses allow it to SubRoost + Toxic stall, and its decent speed + huge Sp.Atk allowed it to be a fantastic attacker with a Life Orb. I guess at least half of my teams used Zapdos + Heatran (actually a pretty good core, seeing as they kinda cover each other's weaknesses).

Cradily, yes indeed. I remember using Recover+Curse+Rock Slide+Toxic with Sandstorm up, and that is the first time I have used a stalling pokemon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)