Monotype Teambuilding Workshop V2 [OPEN!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by scpinion
OP stolen from Paleo

Hi I'm Dece1t! Throughout my time in Monotype I have noticed that a good chunk of newer players do not know how to effectively team build or have no access to good teams to get started with. In an effort to rectify that, I have joined forces with several experienced Monotype builders to host this team building lab. Here users can post Pokemon sets / cores that they would like us to build a team around and one of us can reply with their team and the team building process we used so the requester can see our thinking processes and get ideas on how to build their own teams in the future. It'd also be nice if users could reply their experiences with the teams, during ladder matches or tournaments, and provide replays of them battling with it.

Teambuilders

Dece1t
Balor
terrors
Wanka
Zyo
6ti
Jo' Z

Rules:
  • Have about a one paragraph description with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here. (Click here to see an example)
  • Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think C+ or above in the viability rankings)
  • Please note that we can choose to ignore requests for extremely generic pokemon and/or cores as well as cores that have already been built around. Be sure to check this post to avoid breaking this rule!
  • Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
  • Each user is allowed one request every 10 days and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted and may see further punishment.
  • Any core / pokemon submitted has a 7-day reservation period. If yours is not reserved by that time, it'll be removed for the reservation list, and disregarded (this could be for any reason, i.e. bad sets, the pokemon aren't very viable, ect.)
  • Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
  • You are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
  • However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.
  • Please do not ask to become a builder, I handpick the list
  • Remember to specify which type (flying, water, ground, etc.) the monotype team will be, if its not blatantly obvious by the members of your team.
  • If you request a team / pokemon / core that is already listed in the OP you'll be blacklisted from requests for 2 weeks. It takes less than a minute to check. It's your job to check, not ours. Don't be lazy.

Last edited:
Pending Requests
SubMindRaikou's Cro-Steelix Steel Team - Unreserved (6/23)

Seer's Banded Lando-I/Mega Pidgeot Flying Team - Unreserved (6/28)

Last edited:
Hello everyone. =]

I've been given a position as a Steel type gym leader in a Facebook group I admin and I need help, so I've come to you the Smogon Community for your help. I'd like to build a team around Mega Scizor and Heatran. I choose these two because Heatran takes care of Scizors only weakness, that being fire. Mega Scizor in turn takes on fighting and ground fairly well with its bulk. Water types could be an issue so maybe I could throw in Ferrothorn to help aid in taking water type attacks better, but what would you recommend?

Here are the two sets I have:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

SD to help set up against bulky pokemon
Roost for healing
BP for STAB and priority
Knock off to provide a decent way to damaging bulky psychic types as well as removing items.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Lava Plume for STAB
Toxic for bulky switch-ins
Taunt to break stall
Earth power for other heatrans

I almost wanted to put Stealth rock on it but I wanted to make this more of a stall breaker with slightly more annoying options against the opponents. I feel like if I need a partner with SR, I could use Skarmory or Ferrothorn. Skarmory does make a good defogger along with its ability to phaze with roar and with hazards stack from ferro...it might make another good combo. Maybe! I also wanted to throw Scarfed Magnezone for trapping skarmory, Empoleon, etc. too. I hope I was detailed enough to warrant a response..still unfamiliar with posting and navigating my way through here lol but thank you for your time. =]
MegaCrasher

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / Bug Bite

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock / Earth Power

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Focus Blast
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Jirachi @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Charge Beam

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I thought I'd pull your request from the old thread, seen as it was a great example for other people that want to make requests! I tried to make this team a tad on the ungeneric side, just to make it more fun to use (since Steel typically uses the same clique of mons).

The core you had was actually pretty good as it was, but I changed Lava Plume off of Heatran for Magma Storm, making it a brilliant trapper! Not only is it a pretty nifty anti-lead, but its great at stallbreaking pesky walls! Toxic + Magma Storm, along with Taunt to prevent recovery can slowly but gradually weaken the opposing mon. The last slot I think I'd prefer Stealth Rock, so you can abuse Hazard Stack, but, it's totally up to you (also consider with Heatran you can set up SR much easier vs Fire).

I added Skarmory since its Steel's best Physical Wall, especially for its immunity to Ground and neutrality to Fighting. Pretty basic set, but I have SR slashed on it if you want Heatran to have Earth Power instead.

Cobalion may not seem like very much, but trust me its very nifty! It's a nice offensive pivot to have, with the ability to check Garchomp, Landorus-I (and non scarfed Landorus-T), Dragonite after SR, Volcarona, and Charizard Y with either Stone Edge or Hidden Power Ice! Focus Blast is used since on Steel there isn't a huge pool of Special Attackers, and its nice and powerful. Volt Switch is to allow it to snag momentum while giving it a fair Electric coverage attack (especially useful for Water Teams and opposing Skarmory).

This Jirachi set was one Acast invented not too long ago, but I thought it would make a great fit! Thanks to Serene Grace, Charge Beam has a 100% chance of boosting Jirachi's Special Attack by +1. Assault vest makes it a great switchin to special attacks, given Heatran will eventually get too worn down to sponge some. It also helps tremendously vs Fighting and Water both, as well as Mega Sableye!

Excadrill was the last pokemon I decided on--looking at the team it was pretty weak to Fire, and I was a bit lacking in speed, so he was the perfect choice to help with both of those. Another pretty standard set, but nonetheless much appreciated.

Additional Options:

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Bisharp would be a great option over Scizor, especially if you choose to run Hazard Stack! It gives the team the ability to threaten Defoggers that decide to clean hazards away, and its also rather helpful vs Psychic.

I'll add some soon

Hey, I really hope you enjoy the team! I personally like it a lot, and I've had fun using it! :)

Last edited:
could you guys make a mega steelix / mega aggron + jirachi?

Aggron @ Aggronite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Heavy Slam / Filler
- Sleep Talk

or

Steelix @ Steelixite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Heavy Slam / Filler
- Sleep Talk

with

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Energy Ball
- Wish
- Protect

ive really been loving crosteelix on ground as a wincon recently and it would be cool if there was a steel team for it. The concept of the core is pretty simple, after a few curses crosteelix or aggron can sweep against a ton of teams. jirachi is there more or less for special attackers and/or water teams. on mega aggron or steelix (whichever the builder feels works better for steel) the evs and attacking move can be w/e, its mainly there because heavy slam is great stab and max spdef since you already have massive def especially after a few curses. jirachi is mainly supposed to be a special wall, feel free to completely change the set or even the pokemon but its there to take a few scalds and try to threaten water monos.

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Requesting a Fighting Team around Scarf Heracross and Pangoro w/ Cobalion

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Pangoro @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower/Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Pangoro helps fighting out more with psychic to an extent, yet its weak to fairy which is why Cobalion makes a great partner. Heracross is help clean up psychic teams. I run banded on Pangoro to maximize its damage output, but Life Orb can also be used to switch moves when needed. Cobalion is a reliable Stealth Rock setter helping wear down threats such as Victini, Charizard and Togekiss. Heracross is a great scarfer and a good revenge killer. I feel like these 3 pokemon go well together, so good luck to the builder!

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Requesting a Fighting Team around Scarf Heracross and Pangoro w/ Cobalion

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Pangoro @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Superpower/Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Pangoro helps fighting out more with psychic to an extent, yet its weak to fairy which is why Cobalion makes a great partner. Heracross is help clean up psychic teams. I run banded on Pangoro to maximize its damage output, but Life Orb can also be used to switch moves when needed. Cobalion is a reliable Stealth Rock setter helping wear down threats such as Victini, Charizard and Togekiss. Heracross is a great scarfer and a good revenge killer. I feel like these 3 pokemon go well together, so good luck to the builder!
Reserved.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Rimz

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Standard Mega Medicham set. It's an amazing wallbreaker and there are definitely not many Pokemon that appreciate taking a hit from it, even a resisted one. It helps in a number of matchups such as Water, Poison and Grass because they nothing likes switching in.

I went with Choice Band for more power as Pangoro is mostly gonna be locking itself into a STAB move anyway. I chose Hammer Arm over Superpower since Hammer Arm only drops Speed which isn't that crippling considering it's Speed isn't that high anyway.

I went with a Sub SD set with a Salac Berry for Terrakion because it comes in really handy and can tear through unprepared teams. At +2 attack Slowbro gets 2HKOed so it can't switch in and it also needs a turn to break the sub so you're gonna be able to 2HKO it anyway or sub again on the predicted switch. This is just an example against Psychic but this set definitely has it's advantages.

Standard Sub Calm Mind set for Keldeo. Substitute is useful when predicting a switch or against bulky Pokemon that rely on status and Calm Mind lets Keldeo become a very strong wallbreaker after a boost or two and lets it take hits as well.

Cobalion is the Stealth Rock setter and packs some utility in Thunder Wave. Volt Switch lets it pivot around and gain momentum while Iron Head is a STAB move that hits Fairy-types.

Choice Scarf Heracross set. It's a great late game sweeper, not quite effective as a cleaner without Moxie but Guts lets you check Sableye. It's also a pretty good answer against Psychic if you manage to get rid of Victini and weaken Slowbro.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Hi so i see that this thread has not really gotten used so i would like to request a team based around the core of Life Orb CM + 3 Attacks Meloetta and SD Life Orb Diggersby.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Wild Charge

Meloetta @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

The basic premise of this core is to act as a very potent set of wall breakers for normal and to abuse para spread by the fat mons on normal. The speed control offered by normal is amazing and i would like to see whether these set's can be viable in a speed control team. These sets function to damage most of the possible types while still allowing normal to beat it's weaker match ups. Diggersby is a one man anti steel machine and with the given set thrams slowbro as well allowing lopunny to have an easier time vs psychic. Adamant is chosen to maximise damage output while Return eq wild charge just beats down skarm steel and slowbro water/psychic. Some items can be used for diggersby. Lefties increases his late game survivability but Ebelt/Lorb boosts raw power. Meloetta hits like a proverbial truck and just demolishes any type without a reliable switch in. Hyper voice focus blast and psychic for maximum coverage although things like eball tbolt and hp fire can make interesting choices but i feel are team dependant.

The eves on Diggersby are standard but the meloetta is unique in that it lives a lot of hits from near full like CC from terak and such and can act as the softest of checks if need be. Speed to creep 262 snipers and max special attack to nuke stuff.

Since the old thread died, thought i would request this again

Reflect Type Mega Latias

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect Type
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Latias is an underrated mega on psychic, though it has great defenses. With access to reflect type, it can check threats to psychic like bisharp

0 SpA Mega Latias Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 116-137 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 228+ Def Mega Latias: 117-138 (32.2 - 38%) -- 95.6% chance to 3HKO(after a reflect type)

Evs are to outspeed jolly base 70s and the rest are dumped in bulk

Since the old thread died, thought i would request this again

Reflect Type Mega Latias

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect Type
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Latias is an underrated mega on psychic, though it has great defenses. With access to reflect type, it can check threats to psychic like bisharp

0 SpA Mega Latias Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 116-137 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 228+ Def Mega Latias: 117-138 (32.2 - 38%) -- 95.6% chance to 3HKO(after a reflect type)

Evs are to outspeed jolly base 70s and the rest are dumped in bulk
Yo I already have a pretty similar team, I can hit you up :)

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Hi so i see that this thread has not really gotten used so i would like to request a team based around the core of Life Orb CM + 3 Attacks Meloetta and SD Life Orb Diggersby.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Wild Charge

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

The basic premise of this core is to act as a very potent set of wall breakers for normal and to abuse para spread by the fat mons on normal. The speed control offered by normal is amazing and i would like to see whether these set's can be viable in a speed control team. These sets function to damage most of the possible types while still allowing normal to beat it's weaker match ups. Diggersby is a one man anti steel machine and with the given set thrams slowbro as well allowing lopunny to have an easier time vs psychic. Adamant is chosen to maximise damage output while Return eq wild charge just beats down skarm steel and slowbro water/psychic. Some items can be used for diggersby. Lefties increases his late game survivability but Ebelt/Lorb boosts raw power. Meloetta hits like a proverbial truck and just demolishes any type without a reliable switch in. Hyper voice focus blast and psychic for maximum coverage although things like eball tbolt and hp fire can make interesting choices but i feel are team dependant.

The eves on Diggersby are standard but the meloetta is unique in that it lives a lot of hits from near full like CC from terak and such and can act as the softest of checks if need be. Speed to creep 262 snipers and max special attack to nuke stuff.
Reserved.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
truedrew

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch

Diggersby (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Wild Charge

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Mega Lopunny is a really fast and is a great revenge killer. Its Speed and strong STAB moves in Return and High Jump Kick allow it to be a great late game cleaner. Fake Out is useful for getting off chip damage on the foe or putting them in range of the next attack.

Staraptor works well as a check to Fighting-types and a fast wallbreaker in general thanks to its two very powerful STAB moves, both boosted by its Reckless ability.

Chansey and Porygon2 are the standard defensive core for Normal, both carrying Thunder Wave because you wanted this to be a Speed control team where Diggersby and Meloetta are able to abuse that. Foul Play lets Porygon2 punish things like Mega Scizor and Doublade, while Ice Beam gives a good matchup vs Flying-types.

No explanation needed for Diggersby and Meloetta since you covered that yourself.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Hey there. I'd love a Psychic team built around Colbur Berry Slowking. Slowking is a pretty underrated Pokemon imo and I'd love to see what you guys can conjure up using it.

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot

i'm not very good at making my own sets so feel free to change this if you don't like it. scald and psychic are both for STAB, fire blast to hit grass-types and grass knot to hit opposing water-types. you can go for calm mind if you'd like or even trick room if you want to build a trick room team, i don't really mind; go wild! :heart:
reserved. I might change it to AV depending on how the team comes out because AV king is actually a decent mon on psy given the right support.

Or1hara Izaya

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect Type
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 92 Atk / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature / Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Slack Off

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

This was a team that I built with the help of Confluxx to take on someone in a tournament. The original idea behind it was to take advantage of Mega Latias's incredible bulk, and ability to boost with ease. I did a couple minor changes to include your Mega Latias set (since that already has the ability to check Bisharp), and replaced the Offensive Mew that I used for Scarf Gardevoir, so Dark will be a little easier to handle.

I took your Mega Latias set, seen as it would make a good Bisharp/Mega Garados check (prior to either being set up enough, of course), and it provides good neutral coverage to hit nearly anything in the metagame with good enough power to chip decent damage.

Hoopa is one of the best wallbreakers in the game, and in this case, the team desperately needed one. I preferred having more coverage over the Psychic STAB (given it wasn't completely necessary to have). I added HP Fire to the set instead, so its much easier to hit Ferrothorn.

Victini is a necessity for the team, so Bug is a lot easier to manage. Pretty basic set, I won't go too much through that.

When building initially, I wanted to try a Jirachi set Fluxx passed me, given I had no switchin to Dragon Spam, and since Fairy is becoming a lot more popular, I opted for it to have a mon to threaten that. Paralysis and 60% chance Iron Head Flinches make it relatively easier for Jirachi to retain its health with Wish. It's a pretty handy defensive pivot.

Mega Sharpedo still severely threatens the team, so I put Colber Berry Slowbro on to help check it. Grass Knot hits both it and Mega Gyarados fairly hard, and Twave helps to slow them down to make them much easier to check. Slowbro also helps with the Ground weakness the team has, and can help out with Seismitoad and/or Gastrodon.

Gardevoir was the last pokemon I added, since I had near nothing to take on Dark Teams. Choice Scarf makes it a lot faster, so it can often either sweep late game, or remedy an ally with Healing Wish.

I hope you like the team! :)

Last edited:

Wanka

UUPL Champion
Sobi

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot / Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Psychic / Ice Beam

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 92 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Blue Flare

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

after laying out the 6 mons I was going to work with, AV for sure seemed like the go to set for me. The team as a whole doesn't look like its going to be walling a whole lot but AV king and rachi can give the team a good enough backbone with decent longevity to help the other 4 mons break down teams easier.

I stuck with the moves on your king set. The only thing that could potentially change is grass knot or psychic. I actually really like psychic stab on it but you could probably change GK if you wanted to since celebi helps cover the water matchup. That can only come through testing though so you'll figure out an ideal set once u start using it and getting used to the team.

Celebi, as I said really helps out with the water matchup and it can surprise some steel teams with its earth power coverage. I just made it a solo sweeper because theres nothing to really baton pass to and it has good enough speed to be a solo sweeper as well. its just a really nice mon to have with water being a massive force in the meta right now.

Support rachi helps slow teams down and set pebbles. It also provides momentum to help get in medicham and latios so those to can hammer away with their wall breaking abilites. Its also a nice mon for the fairy matchup as it can spam t wave and flinch down threats. It creates a nice backbone with AV king as well since king takes on the special attackers rachi cant.

Scarf tini to add some speed control and revenge killing to the team. helps you not lose to +1 gyara and is just a nice mon to help out a bug matchup as well. Standard moves and evs, nothing too special about it but its a fantastic mon to have as always.

Latios and medicham are the main wall breakers in the squad. bolt beam is very nice to have on latios to help take down flying, water, and ground teams. Psyshock is just good reliable stab. Medicham just merits insane wall breaking power to the team and I thought it fit well since the team seemed to lack physical presence besides victini. Again, medi is very good at breaking down skarmdos while being able to just smash other balance builds as well. These two are supported well by jirachi as rachi acts as a nice pivot to get them in against those bulkier teams.

I had nothing else to do so I got this done pretty quick. Enjoy!

sceeeeeenes

Banned deucer.
Hey guys, build me a banded landorus Flying team which incorporates tailwind and a defog mon. Feel free to change the mega Pidg set but i'd like the Lando set to remain the same.
I made a semi effective version i just want to see if you guys can improve it. cheers

Landorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Force
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Work Up

could you guys make a mega steelix / mega aggron + jirachi?

Aggron @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Heavy Slam / Filler
- Sleep Talk

or

Steelix @ Steelixite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Heavy Slam / Filler
- Sleep Talk

with

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Energy Ball
- Wish
- Protect

ive really been loving crosteelix on ground as a wincon recently and it would be cool if there was a steel team for it. The concept of the core is pretty simple, after a few curses crosteelix or aggron can sweep against a ton of teams. jirachi is there more or less for special attackers and/or water teams. on mega aggron or steelix (whichever the builder feels works better for steel) the evs and attacking move can be w/e, its mainly there because heavy slam is great stab and max spdef since you already have massive def especially after a few curses. jirachi is mainly supposed to be a special wall, feel free to completely change the set or even the pokemon but its there to take a few scalds and try to threaten water monos.
Zyo asked about reserving this since no one else has. He'll be building your steel team.

Hey guys, build me a banded landorus Flying team which incorporates tailwind and a defog mon. Feel free to change the mega Pidg set but i'd like the Lando set to remain the same.
I made a semi effective version i just want to see if you guys can improve it. cheers

Landorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Force
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Work Up
Reserved, although, would you be ok if I changed Lando-I to lando t? (Gets intimidate, a lot stronger, only down side slower)

Seo.

SubMindRaikou

Aggron @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Heavy Slam
- Sleep Talk

Jirachi @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Charge Beam

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Your Core:
This is a pretty decent core, i actually went with Assault Vest Jirachi for more overall special bulk and i went with Psyshock and Moonblast for more support versus the Fighting matchup. This Aggron set is the standard set, some variants run 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD just for some extra bulk, but this one is good too.

These 2 Pokemon are really useful together in steel, since Heatran is immune to Fire and Skarmory is immune to Ground. Together they also form a hazard stack with Heatrans Stealth Rock and Skarmorys Spikes. Not only that but they also form a great defensive core in addition to Aggron and Jirachi. For Heatran, Lava Plume is one of Heatrans many Fire STAB options with a useful chance to burn and punish common switch-ins, and Earthpower help it check certain threats such as opposing Heatrans and Mega Diancie. For Skarmory, Roost is obviously really important as you regain HP allowing to set up more spikes and allowing it to be a healthy switch in to many physical attacks. Brave Bird is just basic STAB, and whirlwind is to forcibly switch out set up sweepers such as Gyarados.

Steel normally appreciates its hazards, and Doublade spinblocks where as Bisharps attack increases when hit by Defog. These two form a really great physical core as they both have access to both priority and Swords Dance. Together they also do a huge amount of damage to Psychic and Ghost Teams.Not to mention doublade is immune to fighting which helps out bisharp, and Bisharp resists opposing ghost moves. Bisharps Knock off is its main STAB move, has utility in removing items from things such as Porygon2, Chansey and Slowbro. Iron Head is great STAB also giving it a subpar chance to flinch and Sucker Punch is good STAB priority. As for Doublade, Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw are both great STAB, not to mention Shadow Sneaks priority allowing it to revenge kill weakened threats like Victini and Mega Gardevoir. Sacred Sword allows Doublade to hit Dark-types harder and hit Normal Types in general since they are immune to the 2 Ghost STABs

It was fun building your team! if you have any questions pm me on Showdown. Good luck! :pimp:

Last edited:
sceeeeeenes

Landorus (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Work Up
- U-turn

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 200 HP / 212 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 SpA / 164 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Drill Peck
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower

This was an interesting core to work with, this is the team I came up with. This team is on the lines of Volt-Turn.

Lando-I sits at a nice speed tier, and with Choice Band has a pretty respectable amount of power. You could change out Rock Slide for Superpower if you'd like, but otherwise, I kept your set the same as you wanted it to be.

Mega Pidgeot is a pretty underwhelming Mega on Flying, and with good reason. However on this, its a good addition, with a nice Speed Tier, and a pretty powerful Flying STAB in Hurricane. I opted for an Offensive Pivot set, with Work Up to potentially threaten switchins. However, you can replace either U-Turn or Work Up for Roost.

Next I added the infamous Skarm-Dos Core. Skarmory is your rocks setter, and Mega Diancie check, and Zapdos is your defogger. On Zapdos I decided on Volt-Switch to help keep momentum, however, it can be changed out for Discharge. I also put on Toxic to help wear down your opponent's team a bit. However, if you really feel the need to, Heat Wave is also an option over it.

Next I added Gyarados, because I was lacking a reliable sweeper. It's part Water typing gives it neutrality to Ice Attacks, and intimidate makes it a lot easier to switch in, as well as make some physical attackers less threatening. Set is pretty standard from there, however, you can use the Rest-Talk set if you'd like as well, I just thought the Ice Coverage would come in handy.

The last slot had my head scratching a bit, but I ended up on using Honchkrow. I needed priority, and a handy Wallbreaker outside of Lando. Honchkrow's mixed capabilites are extremely useful, and Moxie makes it much more threatening for every kill it gets.

Additional Options:
Lando-T!!! Much stronger, and forms a great dual-intimidate core with Gyarados. I'd highly recommend using that over Lando-I.

Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Teambuilders, if you would like to feature your teams from this on the Monotype hub, put it in the following format and just tag me in your post. If you want to do it for teams you've already submitted just edit the post and pm me or post to my smogon wall.

<Team Name>
<link to your post>
<Your Smogon/PS Username>
<importable>

Shame in Flames
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mono-fire-shame-in-flames-peaked-1640.3552633/
Chleg
TiniTiny (Victini) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Glaciate

Overrated (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Defog
- Tailwind

Underrated (Torkoal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Gay monkey (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch

Eternal Flame (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Wish I Was Sia (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Seo.

Requesting a Sandless Ground team around:

Dece1t (Camerupt-Mega) @ Cameruptite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Digce1t (Diggersby) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Wild charge/Thunder Punch

you can go ahead and change the sets to whatever you feel suites it best, i chose this core because Camerupt helps with Grass and provides Stealth Rock, where as Diggersby's Banded Huge Power is amazing and has access to Quick Attack (STAB), this core is pretty slow tho so having a fast scarfer would be a small suggestion, but other then that, Good luck teambuilder!

Last edited:

Wanka

UUPL Champion
Requesting a Sandless Ground team around:

Dece1t (Camerupt-Mega) @ Cameruptite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Digce1t (Diggersby) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Wild charge/Thunder Punch

you can go ahead and change the sets to whatever you feel suites it best, i chose this core because Camerupt helps with Grass and provides Stealth Rock, where as Diggersby's Banded Huge Power is amazing and has access to Quick Attack (STAB), this core is pretty slow tho so having a fast scarfer would be a small suggestion, but other then that, Good luck teambuilder!
reserved

Wanka

UUPL Champion
Zyo

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 56 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 216 HP / 112 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

Sandless ground as a whole is pretty hard because without excadrill, lots of the fast threats it took on become even more threatening. The support hippo provides is also greatly missed. It is pretty cool to build tho as there are some ground mons that don't get a lot of usage since the generic sand teams tend to look similar. Into the team.

I'll start with the camel. I pretty much just took your set and just slightly tweaked the evs. It only needs 88 speed to be able to outspeed base 30s after mega so that's all the speed you need. The rest goes into hp. It forces a ton of switches so I liked the idea of putting rocks on it as well. You could also run willo wisp in that slot to be able to cripple the lati twins or mew as they can give this team a headache. It also acts as a nice volc check with rock slide. Fire Ground is just a really nice offensive typing in mono which makes this thing very good to have.

I went with a fatty taunt toxic set on glisc because its annoying as hell and it can take on a lot of physical attackers that threaten the team. If you decide to run willo on camerupt than gliscor is a good backup rocker to it. I made it physically defensive since I like having my gastro's run more specially defensive spreads. gastro ofc takes water attacks and special attacks that gliscor can't handle. EQ is to hit keldeo harder and toxic helps cripple walls. These 2 make up the backbone of the team.

I just rolled with a 4 attacks lando spread because with all of the coverage it gets, its one of the best wall breakers in the tier. Knock off wouldn't be a bad filler option over like psychic or something since offensive latios is a threat and people really like switching it into lando. Other than that, it's job isn't too complicated. I don't like running adamant diggersby since you don't really get a big damage boost because its attack stat is so inherently low. You're only getting a 4% damage increase if you run adamant. It helps with QA but it doesn't really help your STABs and coverage since you 2hko the same walls anyways. It's just nice to be faster than jolly base 70s and and things like zapdos and mew which speed creep as well. Again though, it's job is simple and these 2 combined make a really strong wall breaking pair.

The team was looking quite slow and garchomp has a really nice speed tier so I tossed a scarf on it. It revenge kills threats to the main wall breaking duo and it forces a ton of switches which leaves room for you to double out of it to get your wall breakers in more. Really nice against fighting I've noticed since it outspeeds everything besides scarf terrack (which you have a hard counter to) and it threatens the hell out of them. Fire blast is an option if you want to hit skarm on the switch but I like scarf IH to help out against fairy.

Was bored as hell so I got this done p quick again, gl with the team.

scp edit: added to the hub!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)