Project Monotype Teambuilding Competition V3.2 [index]

Decem/Ghost Cream

My boy Decem has the most ghost experience out of everyone. Obviously him. Also has the guts to put the same replay twice.

Last edited:
The voting phase has ended, congratulations to Ghost Cream for winning Cycle 27!

Twix: 3
Alpha-Harpreet: 7
Decem: 8

The next cycle will be up soon, tagging Acast to merge this with the Index thread

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Did someone say, Lycanroc and mega-diancie on the same team?

No? Too bad :P

Lycanroc @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Knock Off

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
- Moonblast

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Avalanche

As featured on the Teambuilding Thread, this team is focused on lycanroc and his ability to offensively pressure teams better than most rock builds. Now on with the team:

Lycanroc - The main mon. With a rockium-Z on stone edge, not only will this move hit but it packs quite an extra punch against mons like celesteela and Mega-Venu. Lycanroc prefers to be in sand as well since it gains that 1.5 SpD boost that allows it to live a giga drain from mega-venu and celesteela as well as non-stab boosted scalds. Fire fang is used for coverage and jolly nature is applied so it can outspeed things out of sand as well as in sand.

Mega-Diancie -
Fits well on the team as an anti-lead and primary special attacker. It uses the common mixed set that has SpA investment, common moves and HP fire for ferrothorn and preventing Mega-sciz switchins.

Terrakion -
Almost mandatory scarfer on the team, coming in with the unusual poison jab over iron head to OHKO tapu bulu for sure. Uses basic coverage and is overall average.

Shuckle -
Simply rocks greatest hazard setter. Puts down webs and rocks and can encore people that set up on it or clear its hazards. It also uses knock off as another form of utility. Mental herb is needed to guarantee a hazard set up, and Ev's are mainly invested in defense over special defense since the need for physical bulk on rock is appreciated.

Rhyperior -
Mega-scizor check that can usually switch in on bulky scizor and kill it with fire punch. When it isn't against scizor it can still revenge kill slower threats like ferrothorn.

Tyranitar - Mandatory sand setter for the doggo, so because of this it can't be Z-move. However, it still becomes a powerful pursuit trapper that can still threaten most mons it runs into with its powerful stab combo and boosted SpD stat thanks to sand.

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
***Mega Diancie Balanced***
Shuckle @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Sticky Web

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Mirror Coat

Overview
This is a Balanced Rock Team around
Mega Diancie that helps in number of match ups such as Dark,Fighting,Dragon, Bug etc.
Shuckle on the team provides utility support in the form of stealth rock and sticky web that allows the team to function effectively especially the offensive teammates. It has good bulk which allows it to set stealth rock or sticky web at least twice in a battle.The Team has
Rhyperior to check Scizor and other threats such as landorus-T and Excadrill, thanks to its great physical bulk and solid rock ability.
Cradily on the team provides an important water immunity and a check to huge threats such as Suicune and acting as a special defensive wall which allows it to cripple opposing walls or threats with toxic.
Tyranitar is the wall breaker on the team opening up big holes with a choice band boost and sticky web support which allows it to hit decent speed tier.
Terrakion with a choice scarf is speed control of the team that also checks threats such as scarf greninja with sticky web support and Mega Sharpedo as well while also helping in steel match up.

Last edited:
Webs HO w/ AV Ttar

Omastar @ Waterium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Power Gem

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Infestation

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Dianice - Went just full special M-Diance. Went Psychic > HP Fire because poison is kinda weird and I want a way to deal w/ it.

Omastar - I wanted a cool Z move user that could sweep stuff like Rock / Sandless Ground / flying with rocks up etc. SS Z Move Omastar is fun because it literally does that. HP Grass was originally HP Electric so Mantine and Gyara didn't run amuch, but HP Grass is better to help deal w/ stuff like Quagsire + Gastrodon.

+2 252+ SpA Omastar Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 223-263 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery <------ Beautiful Calc tbh

Nihilego - Originally had Band TTar here because I wanted to use it, but I need a scarfer fast than base 100 so I wasn't bopped by Volc if it found a way to QD vs the team. Also provides an amazing late game win con is some matchups. HP Fire to lure Ferro if ur ballsy.

Terrakion - Was originally scarf since Tar was banded, but switch terrak over to band, which can still win late game, especially w/ webs up. Helps vs normal because I noticed I don't have to much to win with lol.

Shuckle - Standard web setter Shuckle. You can actually run Rock Tomb > Infestation if you're in a mirror match w/ M-Diance and want to have some sort or psuedo speed control w/o webs, or if you come acress the flying matchup. Underrated move IMO

Tyranitar - this set is probs the most wack but I love it tbh. AV Ttar is there to be an already more solid switch in to threats of my team such a Specs Lati, FB Zard Y (in sand), Gren to an extent etc. Speed EVs allow you to outpace everything up to Jolly Crawdaunt, which hits 229. Other notable mons are Bulky Rotom-W, most Scizors, bulky Peli's, Celesteela etc. If any set had to be changed, it'd probably be this one lol, but I still love it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)