Project Monotype Ladder Experts [Index]

This was such a pain but I finally did it, with Level 2 Probopass, Snow Warning Aurorus, and Rhydon. Probopass is still a gimmick but it's just fun to use with Tspikes Nihilego
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-560993551
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-560989617
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-560987204

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-560991388 This right here was honestly the most depressing ending to a battle. It wasn't a loss but I still liked this replay.

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Nihilego @ Air Balloon
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot
- Toxic Spikes

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Counter

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 2
- Pain Split
- Protect
- Toxic
- Magic Coat

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Fang
- Tailwind

If anyone wants this disaster of a meme, I posted the team I used too. I feel like it's actually somewhat ladder viable if you're just playing for kicks and switch out the standard Rhyperior set over Rhydon though. I ran into waaay too much Steel when I was laddering though

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There's only two and a half days left for this cycle! No one has complete the cycle yet, so the low viability expert title is still up for grabs. Be sure to get your replays in for points towards the leader boards!

akaFila

butterscotch love
There's only two and a half days left for this cycle! No one has complete the cycle yet, so the low viability expert title is still up for grabs. Be sure to get your replays in for points towards the leader boards!
The suspect ladder kind of halted this though.

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As Escoffier said, due to the monotype suspect ladder replacing the regular ladder at the moment, I'll be extending this cycle for an additional 2 weeks.

Moosical

big yikes
Approved by Acast and Eien

Cycle 3 –Tailwind Titan Mk. I
May 8th - May 28th

Rules:
  • You are required to beat an opponent with a minimum ELO rating to complete a challenge; challenges have differing ELO requirements.
  • You are required to have a minimum of 3 wins for each challenge, be sure to post all relevant replays as proof of completion.
  • Battles must be completed on the Monotype ladder on Pokemon Showdown. This means no tournament battles or challenge battles. They also have to be done on the main server's ladder.
  • Your opponent has to have 6 Pokemon.
  • Challenges against opponents also participating in the cycle will not count as acceptable wins - if the opponent's team is not obvious, it is up to the discretion of the host.
  • Please do not copy another challenger's team who has completed the challenge already.
Leader Boards
  • You earn 1 point for each challenge you complete.
  • You earn 3 bonus points for completing every challenge in a given cycle.
  • The first person to complete a set will be that week's winner, be granted 3 bonus points, and have their name in the hall of fame.

Tailwind Titan Mk. I
Your team must center on tailwind! In order to complete this challenge, at least 2 of your opponent's Pokemon need to be knocked out while tailwind is active!

Challenge List

Dragon Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1500

Electric Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1500

Fairy Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1600

Flying Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1600

Ghost Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1400

Grass Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1400

Rock Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1400

Psychic Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1600

Water Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1500​

Example Posting
Replay 1
Replay 2
Replay 3

Replay 1
Replay 2
Replay 3

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
Now that we're halfway through the third cycle, does anyone have any feedback for this project? Is the number of challenges / week too high? Are the required ELO ratings too high? What could I change that would make this more fun / accessible? Thanks to all.

Moosical

big yikes
Cycle 3 has come to an end. Cycle 4 will be up shortly, I will be reworking some of the requirements for completing the challenges so that there's a lower barrier to entry. Tagging Eien to merge this (and cycle 2) with the index thread.

Escoffier has gained 2 points this week.

Moosical

big yikes

Cycle 4 –Stat Boosting Extraordinaire Mk. I
June 4th - June 27th

Rules:
  • You are required to beat an opponent with a minimum ELO rating to complete a challenge; challenges have differing ELO requirements.
  • You are required to have a minimum of 3 wins for each challenge, be sure to post all relevant replays as proof of completion.
  • Battles must be completed on the Monotype ladder on Pokemon Showdown. This means no tournament battles or challenge battles. They also have to be done on the main server's ladder.
  • Challenges against opponents also participating in the cycle will not count as acceptable wins - if the opponent's team is not obvious, it is up to the discretion of the host.
  • Please do not copy another challenger's team who has completed the challenge already.
Leader Boards
  • The first person to complete a set will be that week's winner, be granted 3 bonus points, and have their name in the hall of fame.

Stat Boosting Extraordinaire Mk. I
Your team must center on stat boosting! In order to complete this challenge, at least 1 of your opponent's Pokemon need to be knocked out while one of your Pokemon has +6 in any stat (belly drum, tail glow, and cotton guard are not allowed)!

Challenge List

Dark Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1300

Fire Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1300

Flying Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1400

Ice Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1300

Poison Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1300

Steel Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1400​

Example Posting
Replay 1
Replay 2
Replay 3

Replay 1
Replay 2
Replay 3

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
Tagging Acast to merge this with the index thread.

As Namranan is the only one to have participated this week, he gets the points. This project will be picked back up once the magearna suspect ladder ends.

Moosical

big yikes

Cycle 5 – Trick Room Master Mk. 2
August 13th – August 27th

Rules:
Leader Boards

Trick Room Master Mk. 2
Your team must center on trick room! In order to complete this challenge, at least 2 of your opponent's Pokemon need to be knocked out while trick room is active!

Challenge List

Flying Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1300

Ground Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1300

Psychic Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1500

Steel Type – Opponent Minimum Required ELO of 1500​

Example Posting
Replay 1
Replay 2
Replay 3
Replay 1
Replay 2
Replay 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)