MLB 2017

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
biggie Stallion Del Rio Texas Cloverleaf Imanalt cbt Sugar K Leonard nLTk

So an update for the draft times. From all of the dates/times that I inquired about on the survey, none really worked perfectly in being able to include everyone. The closest time that worked out was Saturday, March 18th at 11:00pm EST in which we have only one owner who says that they can't make it, which is Texas because of work.

In the interest of keeping this simple, I'd like to hear your opinions on some of the options we can take.

Option One - Have the draft on Saturday, March 18th at 11:00pm EST, causing Texas to miss about an hour and a half

Option Two - Have the draft on Saturday, March 18th at a slightly later time to minimize the time Texas has to wait (11:15 - 12:00 start)

Option Three - Explore a time during some workable Saturday (this is the only day that works with an afternoon draft) that happens around 2:00pm EST, which gives Texas 2 hours to draft before he has to go to work. In exchange, Stallion is being asked to wake up at 6:00am on a Sunday to draft.
I vote option 2, as it gives Texas more time to join. If I absolutely have to I'll force myself to be up at 6am, but on this particular weekend, I don't think I can do it. It's my birthday party the night before and it's going to be a very late night, plus I have to drive back to Sydney the next day. Drafting off 1 or 2 hours sleep, when I have to drive three and a half hours later that day is not only something I don't want to do, but its downright dangerous. Microsleeps on a highway could lead to me crashing my car. If I'm forced to do a Sunday morning, the only one that there's a chance of me doing is the 25th of March your time. Week after I have a long drive on the Sunday too, so once again an absurdly early wake up isn't agreeable.

Tl;Dr - option 2 so Texas has more time and so I don't crash my car.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When do the keepers get locked it and does it update into our league pre-draft? This is critically important if I'm autodrafting to be able to set prices effectively, position scarcity, etc

updated

2B: Jose Altuve ($17)
SS: Tim Anderson (n/a)
OF: Trea Turner (n/a)
OF: David Dahl (n/a)
SP: Clayton Kershaw ($54)
SP: Noah Syndergaard ($10)

Current half projected costs: Altuve (42-->21), Turner (34-->17), Syndergaard (28-->14), Tim Anderson ($1-->0.5), David Dahl ($13-->$6.5)

Current projected retainer cost: 21+17+14+54+6.5+0.5=113

My sad list of keepers

Seager - $7 / $32 = $16
Pedroia - $2 / $9 = $4.5
Polanco - $13 / $19 = $13
C. Santana - $1 / $12 = $6
H. Ramirez - $7 / $15 = $7.5
Cueto - $10 / $19 = $10

Total Cap Hit: $57

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
My sad list of keepers

Seager - $7 / $32 = $16
Pedroia - $2 / $9 = $4.5
Polanco - $13 / $19 = $13
C. Santana - $1 / $12 = $6
H. Ramirez - $7 / $15 = $7.5
Cueto - $10 / $19 = $10

Total Cap Hit: $57
Dear god what is that list? You said you're trying a brand new strategy, actually really curious to see what it is on draft day

Dear god what is that list? You said you're trying a brand new strategy, actually really curious to see what it is on draft day
It'll definitely be a very different looking team than my typical builds. Thus is the life of a bridge year. Though, the Red Sox won in their bridge year.

My keeper list would have been so much better had I not traded Trea Turner and David Dahl to Texas for about a week of Stanton before he got hurt.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My preliminary keepers according to the list are as followed:

Manny Machado: $19 / $40 / $20
Charlie Blackmon: $12 / $34 / $17
Yu Darvish: $12 / $21 / $12
Corey Kluber: $12 / $26 / $13
Gary Sanchez: $0 / $16 / $8

For the last spot I'm debating Christian Yelich @ $10.50, Brian Dozier @ $14, or Kyle Schwarber @ $9.

Lmao at ButteredToast's keepers

The sad part is my keepers next year will prolly look similar to that (as will most people's actually)

Less fantasy bullshit more Israel. Jew Crew!

This mascot is sababa. Yalla Israel! That game haval al hazman! Did I just look up random hebrew phrases? Yesh!

I'm jumping on the Team Israel bandwagon even though they're in the same pool as The Netherlands and my boy Xander Bogaerts. Fantastic game this morning and a good match-up with Taiwan tonight too.

Stallion , do you think Australia is going to win even one game vs China, Cuba, or Japan?

I'm also waiting for the Canada vs Mexico fight, but Canada will need to get second place in a bracket with the USA, the Dominican Republic, and Columbia to make it to the next round. Mexico has to get through Puerto Rico, Italy, and Venezuela so they're a lot more likely to advance for a rematch.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
keepers
s marte - $22
j villar - $10
b buxton - $.50
c archer - $8
k maeda - $6
d duffy - $3.50
hit - $50

next weekend (18th) is definitely best in terms of drafting since i will be far less available the following weekend!

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
Less fantasy bullshit more Israel. Jew Crew!

This mascot is sababa. Yalla Israel! That game haval al hazman! Did I just look up random hebrew phrases? Yesh!

I'm jumping on the Team Israel bandwagon even though they're in the same pool as The Netherlands and my boy Xander Bogaerts. Fantastic game this morning and a good match-up with Taiwan tonight too.

Stallion , do you think Australia is going to win even one game vs China, Cuba, or Japan?

I'm also waiting for the Canada vs Mexico fight, but Canada will need to get second place in a bracket with the USA, the Dominican Republic, and Columbia to make it to the next round. Mexico has to get through Puerto Rico, Italy, and Venezuela so they're a lot more likely to advance for a rematch.
China yes, the standard of baseball here is better than you'd expect. Fuck no vs. Japan and Cuba though.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
keepers
s marte - $22
j villar (n/a)
b buxton (n/a)
s strasburg - $27
k maeda - $5
d duffy - (n/a)

hit - $54 (need to know projected values for the 3 that were undrafted) biggie

next weekend (18th) is definitely best in terms of drafting since i will be far less available the following weekend!
I strongly suggest you check the 'Proj Values' tab in the post I made above and check your team. It may influence your choices on who you want to keep.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I strongly suggest you check the 'Proj Values' tab in the post I made above and check your team. It may influence your choices on who you want to keep.
They were there yesterday when I checked but now Stallion's players are in there so where can I find them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)