Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Does anyone feel like swords do a shit ton less damage in 1.9? I just redownloaded this after god knows how long and I was testing things out. Even Sharpness V kills Zombies in like 3-4 hits

Does anyone feel like swords do a shit ton less damage in 1.9? I just redownloaded this after god knows how long and I was testing things out. Even Sharpness V kills Zombies in like 3-4 hits
Yeah I agree. I did however learn about some of the new mechanics from my friend online the other day, which I was too lazy to read. I wondered why skellies took like 10 hits to kill with my iron sword. Simple answer; to get the full effects of the sword's damage, you gotta wait until the "swing animation" is done and it comes back up to the normal resting position. No more spam clicking like I'm used to. That fixed my problem right up and they properly die in like 3 hits now. Silly combat crap...

I wanna get back into Vanilla Minecraft on a server because playing alone is boring as hell. Seth, does your Realms server still exist? Or, if other people are playing somewhere else, which servers are you playing on these days? I want to play with other people, but applying to completely new servers with people I've never met is kinda strange, so I'd love to have at least some smogcraft people to start with.

I wanna get back into Vanilla Minecraft on a server because playing alone is boring as hell. Seth, does your Realms server still exist? Or, if other people are playing somewhere else, which servers are you playing on these days? I want to play with other people, but applying to completely new servers with people I've never met is kinda strange, so I'd love to have at least some smogcraft people to start with.
Yup yup it's still up and online! Feel free to join our evil power. Just remind me again what your MC name is exactly either here or a PM, and I'll add ya in!

Well, I know a couple people have dropped in and said they have servers and Realms, so I'm joining in as well! I've got a Realm that I've set up with some friends of mine, and would be happy to have Smogon peeps join up there as well! It's not an official Smogon Realm of course, but the more people in a Realm the better am I right? Shoot me a PM if you guys are interested! And especially among the old crowd who have gone through one server after another since the original, I'd be more than happy to have ya!

We're clearing an area right now for a capital city of sorts. Still lots unexplored and new, and lots to do a build!

EDIT: Wow that's a lot of exclamation marks.
VILOCERAPTOR COMIN AT YA LIVE
Still a thing? I remember playing on the original Smogcraft server forever ago. I just started playing again recently, but what's the point if no one can see my amazing rectangular buildings?

Minecraft went to shit after Microsoft acquired it and made it too balanced. I really don't play anymore unless to play with friends.

I got some coal to donate want it in your spawn hut? Cheers to whoever finished off the farm i started. Good supply of food there now, just need a heap of dirt to finish the landscaping.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I bought Minecraft years ago, back when it was a "hidden gem" sort of game. Just recently I've tried to get back into my account but it's not letting me link my old account to a new account...

Is there any work around this? I paid for the game once but it's not letting me log in with that info or link accounts because of how long ago I paid for it.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Folks, I've updated the forum OP with some info about a Smogcraft spiritual successor going on with a few users here and on PS. Anyone is welcome to join, but if you're inviting people from outside Smogon or PS please make that clear. The discord server is in the OP, but you're more than welcome to talk about it here as well. Currently there is a custom modpack Pixelmon server at the ready; more info in the OP.

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Server and modpack seem very cool, I'll check it out soon. The reason I'm writing this post is because reading the OP and seeing the word "TESTIFICATE" instead of "villager" is just insane to me.

It's hard to believe that Minecraft is 11 years old at this point. Imagine telling someone who was playing the game shortly after the official release that there would be so many biomes, so many insane redstone components, so many blocks, and that Minecraft would be the most sold game of all time. They would laugh at you. Now imagine telling someone who was playing when the game was in pre-classic that.

Minecraft was already the sandbox that gave you the most incomparable amount of freedom back then, and it's only given its players more and more options as time has passed.

The wonder of exploring the infinite world has only grown. The room to flex your creativity by making insane and awe inspiring builds has only grown. The possibility of creating mind blowing redstone contraptions, or even more mind blowing Sethbling style command block creations has only grown. Room to play with your friends either on your own server or on incredibly high production value incredibly large servers, like Hypixel, has only grown. Potential for custom maps and minigames has only grown.

This game is so old and has come so far throughout the years that I don't even know how to put it into words. I guess the best way to put it into perspective is this:

This thread was created before the End or the Ender Dragon existed!

Ivy

resident enigma
Spook and I are looking for Smogon users to vouch for a Minecraft room on Pokémon Showdown; we need at least 30 folks to get things started. If you have a moment to spare, please either PM one of us or join the Discord and sign on there. With any luck this will also pave the way for a PS news post to rekindle interest for the game as well!

This just in: Minecraft 1.16.4 loads Smogcraft 2 just fine (the one featured in the 2011 article), but Smogcraft 3 either crashes on loading or loads briefly and then stops responding (you have to force close Java via task manager).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivy

Ivy

resident enigma
This just in: Minecraft 1.16.4 loads Smogcraft 2 just fine (the one featured in the 2011 article), but Smogcraft 1 either crashes on loading or loads briefly and then stops responding (you have to force close Java via task manager).
Also, can I still download Smogcraft 3 anywhere? The link in the OP leads to smogcraft 2, and I would really like to see the desert spawn and the fireworks show again :D

edit: I found a folder on an old harddrive called "smog3finale", but it contains the corrupted smogcraft 1 map... very strange. Can't exactly retrace my steps from like 8 years ago...
You may want to ask Layell , who originally managed the thread and uploaded those. Hopefully they're not lost to time.

You may want to ask Layell , who originally managed the thread and uploaded those. Hopefully they're not lost to time.
Thanks, I will have another look through my files, but if I can't find anything, I'll ask Layell!

edit: I found Salcraft on an old harddrive! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)