Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
coolbiz: If the issue is with getting the ender pearls you can go to a plains or desert biome (aka a "flat" biome) at nighttime and aggro Endermen all night. If you're playing with the Biomes O Plenty mod the Dark Forest is also a good place but watch out for cave spiders (unless you have Seeping Shoes from Witchery), and if you're playing with the MineFactory Reloaded mod you can capture an Enderman in a Safari Net and put it through an Auto-Spawner.

So I have been working on making a modern city for a while now and since I found this thread today I thought I might show my progress made here.
2014-09-10_19.45.39.png

Progress made on the map so far. This isn't the whole city but rather the villas located in the city are here. Should have started with the center and build around it but it is too late to do that.

2014-09-10_19.46.52.png

The biggest villa so far and the first one made. Honestly while I do think it look nice from the outside it is kind of outdated from the inside so that might need improvement at one point.

2014-09-10_19.47.52.png

3 of the smaller houses I made. These were made not too long ago and honestly I think they look the nicest ( especially the red and green ones I think ). The interior isn't anything special but it is improved from the other one.

2014-09-10_19.48.33.png

The inside of the red house. Nothing too special but looks nice anyway especially since these colors blend well together. I also wanted to use Dark Oak Wood for once so hence why I used it.

2014-09-10_19.50.02.png

The work in progress house. Anyway this one is pretty special because it is gonna have towers. Looks nice so far but will see how it is gonna look like when it is done.
2014-09-10_19.50.39.png

The garage :). I like cars btw.

Let me know what you guys think btw and any feedback is appreciated. Also I know my building style is really similar for all houses but it is a building style I really like and I don't really know any other good combinations that work well for bigger houses.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Looks really nice Durant, though it looks very different to something I would make. I think that's part of the appeal of Minecraft, that it has so many ways you can play. You've got people like BDoubleO and Keralis that are builders and have a very modern style of building, you've got people like Vechs, BlameTheController, and Glis6, who make these huge, large-scale builds with a build team or MCEdit, you've got people like paulsoaresjr and myself that are in it for the survival aspect and have a more medieval building style, and then you've got people like Mrs_Keralis, Aureylian, Joe Hills, and Chinchou111 that love just derping around. I would think that Markus Persson is thrilled that so many people are enjoying his game in so many different ways.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
its just a rumor

and im going to put "google buying twitch" out there so people dont immediately think its legit. because last i checked, both had the same amount of evidence

Sup guys,

So I've been running a server behind closed doors. I've been letting on a bunch of the old Smogcraft people I've had on Skype and I plan on opening the flood gates soon. However, since the delay of Bukkit I think it might end up being a bit longer than I expected. If you are a familiar face from Smogcraft of old, shoot me a PM and we can talk about getting you onto the server. For those that are new, stay tuned for the replacement of Bukkit because then I'll open the server to the public (still gonna have a whitelist though).

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
yeah idk if theres gonna be a replacement for bukkit soon. or ever.

for those that live under a rock, mojang was bought by microsoft for 2.5 billion. this was coincidentally .5 billion more than notch said years ago he would sell out for. the future doesnt look promising.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
lets just ignore the fact that mojang and microsoft both stated that minecraft would continue on all current platforms hmm

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
So anyone here play modded Minecraft? I'm running an Attack of the B-Team server running modpack version 1.0.13c; if anyone wants to join, PM me with your Minecraft username so I can whitelist you, and I'll give you the IP once I have your username. Currently it's just me, Chinchou111, and Flame Emblem on the server, and I'm working on a massive food production area so food won't be an issue.

(yes, I know I double posted; PM all complaints to user: Birkal)

I'm in the process of making a zomb grinder atm, for those of you who join the B Team server, and I can also hook you up with most enchants for vanilla weps, if you decide to forgo Tinker's Construct.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So anyone here play modded Minecraft?
Yes I do, although I'm a bit behind the times, as usual. I've stuck to FeedTheBeast Ultimate for a while now, which runs on 1.4.7. I think it's over two years old at this point, but loads of fun regardless.

I think I've played it almost to its ultimate conclusion, though. My Quarries (automated digging machines) have stripped an area several hundred blocks across bare down to bedrock. When standing in the middle of the hole, at "Far" render distance, I can only see two of the quarry walls at a time, the other is so far away it unloads from memory. My base is hovering in mid-air some seventy metres above the Bedrock surface (completely flat thanks to the Flat Bedrock mod), in the middle of what was once a plain on the outskirts of a Village (which is also hovering in mid-air at the moment).

Yesterday I put together one of the most expensive items in the game, the GraviChestPlate. Crafting it took over an hour, even though I had all the raw materials available, and all the machines I needed to process them. Among the ingredients were 96 non-stackable items, and several stacks of various metals (at least 12 stacks of Tin, for instance).

Now I'm building a railway to the End Portal I once located, and am going to grab the "on a rail" achievment on my way there to kill the dragon. Then I think I'll make the switch to a more up-to-date mod pack, preferrably a techy one. Anybody have any suggestions?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hm... perhaps I should have looked up the definition of the word "techy" before using it.

What I meant was that I'd like a technical modpack, that is, not magic, and not necessarily a difficult one.

MagicFarm isn't too magical; it's basically more about Tinker's Construct and "how can I avoid starving." Uh, for tech, I suppose the first to come to mind would be Attack of the B-Team and Tekkit.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
So anyone here play modded Minecraft? I'm running an Attack of the B-Team server running modpack version 1.0.13c; if anyone wants to join, PM me with your Minecraft username so I can whitelist you, and I'll give you the IP once I have your username. Currently it's just me, Chinchou111, and Flame Emblem on the server, and I'm working on a massive food production area so food won't be an issue.

(yes, I know I double posted; PM all complaints to user: Birkal)
...Bueller?

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
So I'm creating a custom modpack that I want to distribute to the Smogcraft players and potentially have it be made the "official" Smogcraft modpack. I want to get community input so that this will hopefully be something everyone will want to play. The current mods I have installed are:

Archimedes Ships
Ars Magica 2
Artifice
BetterStorage
Bibliocraft
Biomes O Plenty
Blood Magic
Botania
Carpenters' Blocks
Chisel
ComputerCraft
Dynamic Lights
Ender Storage
Enhanced Portals 3
Extra Utilities
Extrabiomes XL
Forestry
Galacticraft
Glenn's Gases
Hats
Hardcore Ender Expansion
Hunger Overhaul
Infernal Mobs
Inventory Tweaks
iPixeli's Gender Mod
Iron Chest]
JABBA (Just Another Better Barrel Attempt)
Liquid XP
Metallurgy 4
Minefactory Reloaded
Mr Crayfish's Furniture Mod
Natura
Nether Ores
Not Enough Items
Pam's Harvestcraft
PneumaticCraft
Project Red
Railcraft
Random Things
Redstone Arsenal
Roguelike Dungeons
Secret Rooms
Simply Jetpacks
Statues
Status Effect HUD
Steve's Factory Manager
Sync
Thermal Expansion
Tinkers' Construct
Tropicraft
Twilight Forest
WAILA (What Am I Looking At)
Wild Caves 3
Witchery
Bibliowoods BOP / Forestry / Natura compat (adds Bibliocraft decorations for all the woods from trees from other mods)
ExtraTiC (Metallurgy / Tinkers' Construct compatibility)
Extra Bees (BEES BEES BEES)
Gendustry (Forestry addon)
Hatstand (displays hats from the Hats mod)
Iguana's Tinker Tweaks (adds an XP / leveling system to Tinkers' Construct tools and generally makes progression through the mod harder)
Tinkers' Mechworks (adds Drawbridges and Wireless Redstone using Tinkers' Construct materials)
WAILA Harvestability (with all the ores added, it may be hard to keep track of what can mine what. This helps)

I would like people to suggest mods that they think would be fun to play with. Please do not suggest Advanced Genetics (waiting for the 1.7 version to conform to the RF API), Modular Powersuits (waiting for the 1.7 update) or Thaumcraft (specifically excluded because it's so big and so far removed from everything else that this would become "Thaumcraft and some other mods"). In particular I'm looking for a good minimap mod for 1.7, but please suggest any mods you think would be fun to play with.

10/21/14 edit: <TIBot> FlameEmblem said 2 days ago in #capasb: throw Crayfish's mod into that thing and I'm super down

Added Mr Crayfish's furniture mod.

10/23/14 edit: Chinchou111 wants Extrabiomes and Harvestcraft. Adding Glenn's Gases, Hunger Overhaul, and Zombie Awareness to make the game harder. Removing Food Plus due to conflicts with Harvestcraft. Adding Dynamic Lights for realism. Adding Roguelike Dungeons to make exploring even more interesting. Adding Armor Status HUD and Status Effect HUD for convenience. Adding Open Blocks and Open Eye because holy fuck why didn't I already have them.

11/2/14 edit: Added Extra Bees. Would like to get community feedback on adding Galacticraft and Twilight Forest.

11/17/14 edit: Added Galacticraft, Tropicraft, Twilight Forest, PneumaticCraft, and Magic Bees. Removing Armor Status HUD.

12/25/14 edit: Removed Magic Bees due to there not being a 1.7.10 version at this time. Also removed StatusEffectHUD due to the download link being dead; if someone could send me the file for the mod that'd be great! Also having second thoughts about Zombie Awareness, so I'm removing that.

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
:o I'd be interested to join, my username on minecraft is also Piexplode. vm me or leave a message here if you whitelist me :] I'd enjoy chilling out there occasionally

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)