Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably should rather ask in mechanics
the calculator currently does not apply life orb to z moves but do with choice items. can someone confirm?

In the set I listed, there is no duplication until you mega evolve (You start with Telepathy and Pure Power, then mega evolution replaces Telepathy with Pure Power). Something has to be done to make sure there's still no duplication after mega evolution.
What I meant is that the second Pure Power is nulled.

When you say same category am I right in thinking this means physical/ special/ status?

If not how does combining moves that are different in that way work?

This sounds cool and imo deserves a submit.
You're correct on the physical/ special/ status splits. Only physical moves combine with physical moves, special with special, etc. Thank you so much!

How will PPs work? Will they be averaged or summed up? And if the moves are separated when you choose them and are fused simply during the turn, what will happen when one of them finishes the PPs? Will they still be fused?
I had an idea that PP would be based on the move with the most PP to avoid complications. Combine Giga Impact with Tackle and the hybrid move would have Tackle's PP. Thank you for the look!

Cool idea! However, I am not sure dividing second effects among each hit for multi-hit moves has the effect you want. In your example, flinching occurs with approximately 12% chance when the move hits twice, while it flinches with approximately 27% chance when the move hits 5 times. Wouldn't it be an idea to just leave the percentage at one time 30%, regardless of the number of hits?

Also a question, I do not get what you mean by "In the case where combining moves with different non-zero priorities like Roar with Follow Me, we keep the negative priority because doing it otherwise will cause many moves to fail or become too crazy (see comatose phasing in BH)." If I combine any move with a negative priority move, does it have the lowest priority of the two? And what would happen if I combine two positive priority moves with different priority brackets (i.e. protect with prankster thunder wave)? Or a positive priority move with a neutral priority move?

Flinching + priority is banned.
I like your idea about the multi hit moves! I'll add it in to the submission. I am combining moves so that a zero priority move combined with a high priority move gives you high priority (tackle + fake out), a move with zero priority combined with low priority gives low priority (dragon tail + dragon claw), but a move with low priority combined with a move of high priority gives low priority (circle throw + mach punch). Priority wont stack, they'll just choose the highest/lowest priority respectively.

What happens to fused moves when one of the moves would ordinarily fail? Examples I could think of were Rest + Calm Mind for example, what happens if you're at full health already? Or Sleep Talk + Substitute, if you're asleep can use use it or not and vice versa. Also does sleep talk call normal moves or does it call the special fused moves?

Completely broken stuff:

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Disable
- Recover
- Substitute
- Filler
- Filler

So you make them use the same move again, stop them from using that move so they struggle while getting a sub to protect you from struggle and going back to full health. The last two slots you might want to run some damaging moves or something but it doesn't even matter. You could even run Skill Swap for magic bouncers on the switch.
I'll add in that moves that will fail will override all other moves when failed and that sleep talk will call hybrid moves. Thank you. I'm not fully sure this set will be banned because of abilities, items, and z-moves getting around this but it'll definitely get suspected as soon as possible.

After much thought and consideration, I am not going to submit Pokémoves. If someone else would like to go ahead and be my guest, but I ma not going to. My main reasoning is is that there would too many (at least I think) bans and I think it might be a little bit too complicated plus I'm not sure it could even be coded. However, I am thinking of attempting to bring back Trademarked, which is basically a metagame where you replace your ability with an attack, and you use that attack upon switchin. Of course there are bans and thing like Parting Shot/U-Turn/Volt Switch/Fake Out/Baton Pass cannot be put on but other than that I think it would be a great meta to bring back.
Traitmons:

Instead of needing to have 1 ability, 1 item, and 4 moves, the player is allowed to pick 6 of any of the above for any of his Pokemon. This is done simply by placing the new trait under the old one in the teambuilder. For simplicity, illegalities are ignored. Having no moves would either need to be illegal or give you struggle.

This means you could use things like the following:

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Life Orb
- Hydro Pump
- Wise Glasses
- Secret Sword
- Mystic Water

Clefable @ Magic Guard
Ability: Unaware
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Toxic

Kyurem-Black @ Earth Power
Ability: Outrage
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Effectively any combination of items, abilities, and moves is possible with the traditional cap of 6.
pls I need this.
for Traitmons, the biggest solution I see to not overly breaking the meta is this: you can't have more than 1 of the same thing. That being Light Ball, Pressure, Pure Power, etc.. Unsure if this has already been said becuase I'm too lazy to read :/

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just saw Pokémoves, so... Have some sets

Kartana (Shiny) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Kartana (Steel type, 110 BP, 90% accuracy, raises the users highest stat 1 stage)
Finally gets a strong steel type move, albeit with shaky accuracy...

Kyurem-Black (Shiny) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Kyurem-Black (Ice Type, 105 BP, 95% accuracy, ignores the foes ability)
Beautiful Ice STAB. It's a Ice-Type Sunsteel Strike with more BP and slightly less accuracy. Oh... and it hits off of 170 base attack.

edit: realised this isn't gonna be submitted... RIP

Only STAB
Metagame premise
: Pokémon can only use moves that they share a type with. For instance Clefable can use Moonblast because they are both fairy type, but not softboiled because one is normal and one is fairy

Potential bans and threats: Mega Lopunny seems crazy with an unregistered STAB combo + high speed in a meta where most Pokémon have nerfed recovery options

Questions for the community:
-Is there a better name?
-What other threats do you think could be overpowered
-Do you think this would be fun or just overly limiting?
This is not allowed:
  • STAB moves are the best: You can only use your moves you get STAB in.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Araquanid @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Mystic Water
- Splash Plate
- Life Orb

Time to flood the world :D

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Araquanid @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Mystic Water
- Splash Plate
- Life Orb

Time to flood the world :D
Araquanid @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Water Absorb
- Splash Plate
- Life Orb

Countered

Edit: I meme btw. If I wanted a serious counter I would use something else probably.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Araquanid @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Water Absorb
- Splash Plate
- Life Orb

Countered
I mean, if you are actually running Araquanid you should probably clean the water absorbers first. Besides it's not like that set even was that viable anyways.

BodyGuard or Sword&Shield
Metagame premise:In your team of 6 each mon is paired up with a respective guard that stands in and takes dmg for the other mon until it reaches 50% health. The damage the mon currently out takes will be transferred over to 1 other mon in your party , taking into account the weaknesses, type and ability immunities of the mon acting as a shield until it faints.

Potential bans and threats:None as of yet
Q: "Do status effects or stats drops get passed on as well?
A: No , save for in the case of the defending mon being immune to the status , the status will be applied to the mon currently out.

Q: "How would the pokemon be linked to another pokemon?"
A: I am thinking of something on the lines of it being based on party order , with the odd number position being the guarded and the even position being the guard. Maybe even (if possible) the positions could be shifted at the start of match like when your are using a pokemon with illusion. I would like to avoid any possibility of this becoming a nickname based meta as much as possible.

This is my first time posti an idea here so please gimme your opinion on both the meta and the name as well

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Metagame premise
:In your team of 6 each mon is paired up with a respective guard that stands in and takes dmg for the other mon until it faints. The damage the mon currently out takes will be transferred over to 1 other mon in your party , taking into account the weaknesses, type and ability immunities of the mon acting as a shield.

A: No , save for in the case of the defending mon being immune to the status , the status will be applied to the mon currently out.

A: I am thinking of something on the lines of it being based on party order , with the odd number position being the guarded and the even position being the guard. Maybe even (if possible) the positions could be shifted at the start of match like when your are using a pokemon with illusion. I would like to avoid any possibility of this becoming a nickname based meta as much as possible.

This is my first time posti an idea here so please gimme your opinion on both the meta and the name as well
So do you only have 3 effective battlers alongside the guards? Or is each mon a guard for another?

Sounds like it could easily become set up spam (à la sd mimikyu but different), how do you think this could be limited/ do you think it needs to be?

would there be something telling us which mon is guarding? (Plz yes)

So do you only have 3 effective battlers alongside the guards? Or is each mon a guard for another?

Sounds like it could easily become set up spam (à la sd mimikyu but different), how do you think this could be limited/ do you think it needs to be?

would there be something telling us which mon is guarding? (Plz yes)
Each mon is still usable as a for both combat and defense, its just that 3 of them can take dmg for 3 specific mons on the team untill they faint. (i am thinking about whether or not the conncection should run both ways or if it will be only one way.) I also see what you mean regarding setup spam, mons do have a somewhat easier time setting up as another mon can protect them , however in the same case the opposing mon will also be have a guard as well and as i said and would rather it be status moves can still be applied to the mon and moves like haze or or abilities like intimidate can still be used to drop stats. Mimikyu is definitely a very interesting case as it essentially has two and potentially 3 chances to setup swords dance and if the mon is fat enough, even start dealing dmg while still being guarded by the mon. That may raise reason for it to go on the banlist based on this, alone , but honestly id like to see how it would actually work in action as mimi in itself is not very powerful atk wise and as well oppossing mons will also may have guards of there own that may help them tank mimi long enough to deal with it.

I was thinking there shouldnt be a guard indicator but letting it be a surprise instead, however when it comes down to it , it makes it significantly easier for mons like magnezone or dugtrio to perform trapping roles , so it may be a better idea to just have some form of indicator (maybe similar to one that is present in mix and mega) so it wont be a guessing game to figure out what mon on your opponents team are guarding and those that arent. As well as an indicator of each pair.

Now that i think considering a mon is being defended already , should move like protect and substitute be rendered unusable while their defender is still alive?

Now that i think considering a mon is being defended already , should move like protect and substitute be rendered unusable while their defender is still alive?
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed, I don't see it making a big difference competitively tbh
I liked you'd idea of who defended being decided by team position, so something like 1-2 protect eachother, 3-4, 5-6 and I think it going both ways would make most sense

Also if you have something new to say you can always edit it into your last post if no-one else has said anything since you did

Metagame premise
:In your team of 6 each mon is paired up with a respective guard that stands in and takes dmg for the other mon until it faints. The damage the mon currently out takes will be transferred over to 1 other mon in your party , taking into account the weaknesses, type and ability immunities of the mon acting as a shield.

It's like that mystery dungeon thingy with the jelly beans and stuff

It's like that mystery dungeon thingy with the jelly beans and stuff
Lol didn't even think of that while I was creating this but damn it is lol

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed, I don't see it making a big difference competitively tbh
I liked you'd idea of who defended being decided by team position, so something like 1-2 protect eachother, 3-4, 5-6 and I think it going both ways would make most sense

Also if you have something new to say you can always edit it into your last post if no-one else has said anything since you did
My concern was primarily with sub as another Mon can setup while their shield is still alive, then setup a sub while their shield is still up allowing them to potentially boost up then making them harder to take down as after there defender dies they are still behind a sub

Another concern of mine can anyone suggest anyway that it may be possible to make a way to allow both a 1 way and a 2 way sword and shield system (wherere one mon acts as a shield in the pair or both can act in the same way upon switching out). Cause if its possible id rather a system like this as opposed to it being forcibly a two or forcibly a one way, just so that when the wall actually needs to be out the frail mon wont be left to take the brunt of the attacks. if its not possible , I feel it makes much more sense to have a solely one way format as opposed to a two way.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
what happens when the shield gets ko'd? if the damage just starts to transfer onto the offensive mon after that, then setup will basically rule the meta

different ways to go about this:
  • shield and sword are both ko'd at the same time (could lead to some dumb hyper offense)
  • sword is ko'd, basically turning the metagame into a mixture between offense and stall. i'm wondering whether blissey or something will be broken tho

what happens when the shield gets ko'd? if the damage just starts to transfer onto the offensive mon after that, then setup will basically rule the meta

different ways to go about this:
  • shield and sword are both ko'd at the same time (could lead to some dumb hyper offense)
  • sword is ko'd, basically turning the metagame into a mixture between offense and stall. i'm wondering whether blissey or something will be broken tho
I rather not the first idea , as it would defeat the point of the meta idea really (at least in my opinion),
However the second idea definitely sounds alot more plausible to me, and it also makes two way defensive typing sharing more reasonable, however would it be safer if I werre to propose somehing like this ? instead of the shield breaking only when fainted, how about it only blocks until its down to 50% health ? Its not that i dont like the idea. i would like to avoid setup dominating the meta but at the same time i would still like to be able to enforce the shield idea being based off another mon guarding the mon so it can at least avoid some degree of dmg.

I have an OM suggestion:

MAGICIAN'S ROOM

Premise:
Trick Room, Magic Room, Wonder Room, all major weathers (sun, hail, sand, and rain), and all terrains (grassy, misty, psychic, and electric) are always active.

Potential Bans: Very slow pokemon, powerful aurora veil users, pokemon with decreased threats due to fast pokemon being nerfed and many item-reliant pokemon being weakened, pokemon who benefit greatly from terrain, and a few others.

Weakened Pokemon: Flying Pokemon, Fast Pokemon, trick users(items no longer do anything for the most part). Also, pokemon who rely on items other than mega stones and Z-Crystals, such as scarf ditto or eviolite chansey.

Last edited:
I have an OM suggestion:

MAGICIAN'S ROOM

Premise:
Trick Room, Magic Room, Wonder Room, All major weathers, and terrains are always active.

Potential Bans: Very slow pokemon, powerful aurora veil users, pokemon with decreased threats due to fast pokemon being nerfed and many item-reliant pokemon being weakened.
The thing is there already a meta similar to this called "Lockdown". Only differences is, is that in lockdown this can only happen if all or those are active after the 6th turn. Not only that a meta like that would just be hectic and wild overall and would even deter the use of most pokemon. There would be no reason to use any fast mons like greninja. Items would be unusable as a whole and as well since defenses would be swapped between mons team building would be a little confusions. This is just my opinion on this

I have an OM suggestion:

MAGICIAN'S ROOM

Premise:
Trick Room, Magic Room, Wonder Room, All major weathers(sun,hail,sand, andrain), and terrains(grassy,misty,psychic,electric) are always active.

Potential Bans: Very slow pokemon, powerful aurora veil users, pokemon with decreased threats due to fast pokemon being nerfed and many item-reliant pokemon being weakened, pokemon who benefit greatly from terrain, and a few others.

Weakened Pokemon: Flying Pokemon, Fast Pokemon, trick users(items no longer do anything for the most part) Pokemon who are Item-Reliant(Scarf ditto or eviolite chansey)
Just saying, there's a metagame for all terrain.

And I love the fact that Blissey will outclass Chansey.

ace 434 said:
Not only that a meta like that would just be hectic and wild overall and would even deter the use of most pokemon.
You're probably right.
But that's the point of Other Metas, no?

HDF0 said:
And I love the fact that blissey will outclass chansey
So do I :D
I think Blissey would be a pretty decent physical wall, though.

Now for a fairly long threatlist:

What's the plural of analysis? I have no idea.

Aron

FEAR aron is now something to be afraid of. Level one allows it to outspeed almost everything, so priority moves aren't necessary. Practically any poke with endeavor is capable of using FEAR, but sturdy gives aron an edge.

Abomasnow-Mega

This thing already made it to UU in regular pokemon. Now, with an impressive 30 speed and ridiculously high attacking stats, along with hail immunity and a grassy terrain boost, it's even better.

Abomasnow-Mega used Solar Beam!
It's stab boosted and grassy terrain boosted and only took one turn to charge and was used by a pokemon that already does a lot of special damage and in trick room so it was used before the opponent could attack and the opponent has no eviolite holders!
It's was super effective!

You get what I mean.

Camerupt-Mega

It's stats are quite self explanatory.
It has pretty good special attack, and a low speed that can be lowered even more with curse.
The only reason it was UU in the first place was bad speed.

Shuckle

Two turns of free setup due to insane speed rivaled only by low-levels, munchlax, and pyukumuku, and sturdy, along with keeping decent defenses.

Trapinch

Ten speed and 100 attack. Fastest physical sweeper in the meta. Also has sheer force or arena trap.

Ferrothorn

20 speed means that the only half-decent pokemon that outrun it are shuckle and pyukumuku. It continues to be impressive in it's other respects as well. It's going to be quite a bit weaker with gyroball, though, due to the increased frequency of slow pokemon.

Sableye-Mega

Along with it's current uses, it has 20 speed and is the fastest foul play user other than foongus and bonsly.

Last edited:
Aquatic Panic said:
FEAR won't be as good because no shed shell.
Yeah. I don't think that will make it worthless though, just nerfed.

Sableye-Mega and Pyukumuku will be dangerous taunt users.

Stall will be fast.

EDIT: FEAR will fail, because focus sash will do nothing and Sturdy will just get killed by hail/sandstorm.

Skill swap chlorophyll might be good.

How do moonlight, synthesis, and morning sun work in acid rain?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)