Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

I wanted to use M alakazam and it was what I started the team with. I love it's speed tier and I opt to use substitute over CM or recover as it can at times give me a way to avoid an otherwise fatal sucker punch or simply give me better insurance in case focus blast ordinarily misses at a unfortunate time off. It's role is to revenge kill and deal off damage to the point either it or azumarill can sweep.

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

This guys roll is to finish off certain mons with a priority aqua jet or to intimidate the opponent and get a switch and something knocked off. When the situation presents itself We Z Belly drum and finish the game or put ourselves in a position to win the game. Standard set.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Rotom helps crippen physical attackers and provides a type of hazzard removal, which I usually only use if there are multiple hazards, if I don't have them setup myself or in circumstantial game winning situations, I sometimes consider running protect or pain split. . Lando Provides rocks and a somewhat slow and valuable u-turn that has meshed very well with Rotom's volt switch for a long time. Earthquake is useful and effective, as always.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

A slightly more defensive core than the lando/rotom. I opted to not give ferrothorn an attacking move solely because I thought it's utility moves were too valuable, the spikes are great for hazard hurting, especially when I KO my opponents hazard remover(s). Look out for potential taunts. Heatran is the standard spdef set, it gives me a second pokemon to set up rocks helping to get them up against different mons, protect to help with lefties recovery and continue leeching out damage from toxic or leech seed if the opposing player opts to stay in.

Weaknesses:

Kartana: The biggest threat this team by far, it's tough for this team to deal with, often having to predict well and chip away at it's health.

To a lesser extent: Heatran: Azumarill doesn't like getting burned from lava plume and Rotom hates getting hit with a toxic and then continuous chip damage upon switch in.

Hi there! You've got a cool team and sorry no one's here to rate it. My advice may not be the best but here are some thoughts I've had:

- Substitute M-Zam: I understand why you are doing it but when you mentioned Kartana being hard to deal with, so I think that you should exchange substitute for HP Fire, as it 2HKO's standard Ferro and M-Scizor on the switch:

252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 220-260 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor-Mega: 264-312 (76.9 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

- What is the speed on Lando for?

- A note about Heatran: Heatran is Heatran's best counter. You could opt for E-power over protect on Heatran, trading defensive utility for the chance to beat it (and some other ground weak mons) one on one.

- Your Ferrothorn is complete Taunt bait. Perhaps you would be better off having an attack instead of thunder wave (although t-wave does help Azumarill to sweep)?

Anyways just some things to consider, you've got a good team going!

Last edited:

Thunder

Kingku ke charan pranam
Well your team lacks speed control and you already have a rocker so why not change land to scarf.
Also the best way to counter karta is to get a intimidate form land and switch into rotom to will o wisp or to heatran and set rocks as it would most probably switch or just try to kill if already up.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Well your team lacks speed control and you already have a rocker so why not change land to scarf.
Also the best way to counter karta is to get a intimidate form land and switch into rotom to will o wisp or to heatran and set rocks as it would most probably switch or just try to kill if already up.
I agree. The set Lando is running looks best for Scarf. Then Stealth Rocks can be swapped for Stone Edge.

Hi there! You've got a cool team and sorry no one's here to rate it. My advice may not be the best but here are some thoughts I've had:

- Substitute M-Zam: I understand why you are doing it but when you mentioned Kartana being hard to deal with, so I think that you should exchange substitute for HP Fire, as it 2HKO's standard Ferro and M-Scizor on the switch:

252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 220-260 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor-Mega: 264-312 (76.9 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

- What is the speed on Lando for?

- A note about Heatran: Heatran is Heatran's best counter. You could opt for E-power over protect on Heatran, trading defensive utility for the chance to beat it (and some other ground weak mons) one on one.

- Your Ferrothorn is complete Taunt bait. Perhaps you would be better off having an attack instead of thunder wave (although t-wave does help Azumarill to sweep)?

Anyways just some things to consider, you've got a good team going!
Heatran does NOT counter other Heatran. The way to counter heatran is to use a viable Water, Ground, or Dragon type. For example: Garchomp, Tapu Fini, Rotom-Wash, Latios-Mega or Latias-Mega and so on. These Pokémon do not appreciate poisoning though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)