MegaMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so, Rankings.
I would honestly put both mega latis in A right now. both hit rather hard, have great speed, and are two of the few available offensive defogers in the tier besides mega Burd Jesus. Mega Latias also comes with access to Wish, a valuable support move and semi reliable recovery option, along with both getting roost and Recover. All in all very solid choices, but don't get any higher thanks to a weakness to common attacking types' priority.
Both Mega Zards also belong in A in my opinion. While Zard Y fantastic, destructive wallbreaker, it comes with a NASTY 4x rocks weakness and only average speed. Zard X also comes with a Rocks weakness, but it is not as bad. What keeps it from A+ or S is it's average speed and the fact that with the large # of fairies in this meta, it HAS to run roost or risk killing itself with Flare Blitz. This also limits coverage options meaning that Zard X will struggle against mega Alteria and mega Diance.

In S tier, I would definititely place mega Metagross and mega Mawile. Mega Metagross' high speed, tough claws, good bulk, and coverage options, combined with the ability to bosst its speed and hold an item all combine to create a powerful top tier threat. Tough Claws Bullet Punch helps too.
Mega Mawile is S because it hits like a truck and has priority sucker punch alongside SD and good coverage options. The ability to hold an item only increases its viability by allowing it to passively heal via leftovers or go banded.

Mega venusaur belongs in B rank. It's a good wall, and lefties helps it a lot, but it just isn't bulky enough to take constant punishment and its recovery is too easy to stall out.

I might post a few more opinions later.
if u can put it in a moveset like in the example, i can implement it
Im sorry, thats the rules xD

thanks bud
Alright. importable sets here.

Latias-Mega (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish/ Roost
- Psyshock

LO mega latias is already stronger than regular LO latias without much investment, so I dumped a bunch of HP EVs to give it some extra bulk

Latios-Mega (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
No real explanation needed

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Overheat
Air slash is rather useless as STAB so I went with overheat if you really need the extra power out of a revenge killer

Charizard-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
Standard Zard X

Medicham-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
Thunder punch allows Mega medicham to hit stuff like mega slowbro and other bulky Waters/Fliers

Alright. importable sets here.

Latias-Mega (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish/ Roost
- Psyshock

LO mega latias is already stronger than regular LO latias without much investment, so I dumped a bunch of HP EVs to give it some extra bulk

Latios-Mega (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
No real explanation needed

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Overheat
Air slash is rather useless as STAB so I went with overheat if you really need the extra power out of a revenge killer

Charizard-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
Standard Zard X

Medicham-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
Thunder punch allows Mega medicham to hit stuff like mega slowbro and other bulky Waters/Fliers
You do know that soul dew works on the mega lati@s right? No reason to use any other item on them.

Ill rank Diancie-Mega

Diancie-mega
@ focus sash
EV's: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 Atk
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
This is my fun, deadly gimmick as in, no one imagined diancie as fast but the mega version is a powerhouse in attack, and only in attack. But i gather a deadly combo to lay the smack down on everyone.
In all honesty though, mega diancie deserves A+ rank, as his setup gets done better by megamence, who does the setup with more ease. But not as a bulky sweeper, as mega mawile does this better. But gets some at A+, as this is the perfect switch in at times thanks to Magic Bounce.

Diancie
@diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EV's: 248 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Atk
-Stealth rock
-Moonblast
-Diamond Storm
-Earth Power

A more less used gimmick, this is the perfect counter to sashes and the mega char familiy
Rocks arent catching up yet, thats why this set can be deadly at times. The idea is, u set up rocks when regular diancie, when u predict the opponent gives u some kind of status, megavolve. Another good thing bout this is also the clear body, cause fuck intidimaters.
Anyways, this should be B, as i can list better regular and mega pokes, like sableye, sharpedo, gyarados, mawile.

Last edited:
Alright, so, Rankings.
I would honestly put both mega latis in A right now. both hit rather hard, have great speed, and are two of the few available offensive defogers in the tier besides mega Burd Jesus. Mega Latias also comes with access to Wish, a valuable support move and semi reliable recovery option, along with both getting roost and Recover. All in all very solid choices, but don't get any higher thanks to a weakness to common attacking types' priority.
Both Mega Zards also belong in A in my opinion. While Zard Y fantastic, destructive wallbreaker, it comes with a NASTY 4x rocks weakness and only average speed. Zard X also comes with a Rocks weakness, but it is not as bad. What keeps it from A+ or S is it's average speed and the fact that with the large # of fairies in this meta, it HAS to run roost or risk killing itself with Flare Blitz. This also limits coverage options meaning that Zard X will struggle against mega Alteria and mega Diance.

In S tier, I would definititely place mega Metagross and mega Mawile. Mega Metagross' high speed, tough claws, good bulk, and coverage options, combined with the ability to bosst its speed and hold an item all combine to create a powerful top tier threat. Tough Claws Bullet Punch helps too.
Mega Mawile is S because it hits like a truck and has priority sucker punch alongside SD and good coverage options. The ability to hold an item only increases its viability by allowing it to passively heal via leftovers or go banded.

Mega venusaur belongs in B rank. It's a good wall, and lefties helps it a lot, but it just isn't bulky enough to take constant punishment and its recovery is too easy to stall out.

I might post a few more opinions later.
Agreed with everything here. Although I'd probably shift Mega Latias up to A+ simply because of it's great overall bulk and ability to run around 3 or 4 equally viable sets, each with it's different pros and cons of course, but the unpredictability is a massive asset. Whereas Mega Latios only really has viable offensive sets (which it does very well) It doesn't have the same sort of fear factor that something that could conceivably be running either offensive or defensive has. And the power output between the two isn't all that different either.

I'd also like to shift Mega Heracross down from A to B. Because although it's attack is fucking monstrous, it has below average speed and gets hit very hard by the myriad of flying, psychic and fairy STABs floating around. Not to mention that two of the three main walls to appear so far in this tier (Mega Aggron, Giratina and Primal Groudon) simply do not care about what Mega Heracross can do to them. And in return can either burn it and cripple it or just phaze it away.

Heracross-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast

This is probably the standard Hera set in megamons. It hits like a truck but sitting at a very below average speed tier it won't be able to take any oncoming Aerilated returns or psystrikes any time soon. Which is a problem considering Mence and MMY are everywhere. This being said this set makes relatively light work of mon such as Ho-Oh and has a rather nifty claim to fame in that it can safely and reliably 2HKO a fully defensive Mega Aggron, while the Aggron can do nothing in return. Being hard walled by Giratina however is not much fun and a defensive primal groudon can take anything thrown at it and OHKO back with a wayward fire punch.

252 Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Primal Groudon: 144-171 (35.7 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Mega Heracross Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 115-140 (22.8 - 27.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Simply by looking at the most used mon in the tier we see that Heracross, however powerful it may be, does not have the speed or the typing to be able to make use of that power. As it just gets outsped and OHKOd by everything instead. This being said however it can cause havoc against slower more stall orientated teams and if given the right support to neutralise Giratina and PrimalDon can abuse the base 185 attack to it's full potential.
Therefore it is good and can see use, but needs a fair bit of support to be able to perform it's job and it cannot switch in safely multiple times because the tier is crawling with types it is weak to. Therefore a B ranking would be of better fit.

Mega Latias - A+
Mega Latios - A
Mega Charizard Y - A
Mega Charizard X - A
Mega Venusaur - B
Mega Metagross - S
Mega Mawile - S
Mega Heracross - B

Last edited:
Agreed with everything here. Although I'd probably shift Mega Latias up to A+ simply because of it's great overall bulk and ability to run around 3 or 4 equally viable sets, each with it's different pros and cons of course, but the unpredictability is a massive asset. Whereas Mega Latios only really has viable offensive sets (which it does very well) It doesn't have the same sort of fear factor that something that could conceivably be running either offensive or defensive has. And the power output between the two isn't all that different either.

I'd also like to shift Mega Heracross down from A to B. Because although it's attack is fucking monstrous, it has below average speed and gets hit very hard by the myriad of flying, psychic and fairy STABs floating around. Not to mention that two of the three main walls to appear so far in this tier (Mega Aggron, Giratina and Primal Groudon) simply do not care about what Mega Heracross can do to them. And in return can either burn it and cripple it or just phaze it away. Simply by looking at the most used mon in the tier we see that Heracross, however powerful it may be, does not have the speed or the typing to be able to make use of that power. As it just gets outsped and OHKOd by everything instead. This being said however it can cause havoc against slower more stall orientated teams and if given the right support to neutralise Giratina and PrimalDon can abuse the base 185 attack to it's full potential.
Therefore it is good and can see use, but needs a fair bit of support to be able to perform it's job and it cannot switch in safely multiple times because the tier is crawling with types it is weak to. Therefore a B ranking would be of better fit.

Mega Latias - A+
Mega Latios - A
Mega Charizard Y - A
Mega Charizard X - A
Mega Venusaur - B
Mega Metagross - S
Mega Mawile - S
Mega Heracross - B
Id say the latis, chars and mawile are very correct, now for venusaur i think it could be B+ rank
As this guy is a hard wall, i think hes the better option than ttar, in terms of weaknesses, but venusaur gets very outclassed by megamence and other stuff, so next week we will set it on the suspect board

Megagross, well idk, we havent exactly seen it in action, so lets put it on suspect board

as for mega heracross, i think B or B+ is gonna be fine, ill rank it later

Has anyone tried MegaTar-Exca/Chomp core? Gotten a lot better.

Weather Reporter (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

MegaTar is basically an upgrade from tar. Like the latis twin. It still hits hard even without much invest(base 164 is p good) and its mixed bulk just got better. Base 150/120 while the latter recieves a 1.5x boost. Once again making tar a reliable user of SR and a check to some phyiscal and special attackers. Fire blast there's for ferro(its still viable c:).

Sharp Tears (Garchomp-Mega) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Or

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

excadrill is self-Explanatory.

Mega Gar has an amazing base 170 atk company by 108/115/95 defenses. While its speed is below average but thats fixed with choice scarf making it a bulky-strong revenge attacker. Sand force further pushes it revenge capability. Making Edgequake even stronger. And iron head as well„ while also hitting fairies for SE damage.

When is thid going to be install into a server? It's a really good meta i don't want to see die down.

Last edited:
Alrightty then! Who's up for a match? Made dozens of teams x ready to try en out. I'm on the server all day everyd .. PM me ig :p

Has anyone tried MegaTar-Exca/Chomp core? Gotten a lot better.

Weather Reporter (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

MegaTar is basically an upgrade from tar. Like the latis twin. It still hits hard even without much invest(base 164 is p good) and its mixed bulk just got better. Base 150/120 while the latter recieves a 1.5x boost. Once again making tar a reliable user of SR and a check to some phyiscal and special attackers. Fire blast there's for ferro(its still viable c:).

Sharp Tears (Garchomp-Mega) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Or

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

excadrill is self-Explanatory.

Mega Gar has an amazing base 170 atk company by 108/115/95 defenses. While its speed is below average but thats fixed with choice scarf making it a bulky-strong revenge attacker. Sand force further pushes it revenge capability. Making Edgequake even stronger. And iron head as well„ while also hitting fairies for SE damage.

When is thid going to be install into a server? It's a really good meta i don't want to see die down.

My god, were getting deadly cores! xD
Anyways as we ranked Megachomp to B+ rank, he will stay that rank as the sand just gives him a boost at his already high attack that he wouldnt need(unless facing mega ttar)
Speaking bout mega ttar, the poke is way too strong, i would like to rank his assault vest set with this , to get him to A+ rank:
Hide yo chars! (Tyranitar-Mega) @assault vest:
EVs: 248HP, 252 Atk, 8 Def
Adamant nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
The most deadly of sets, the idea is simple. U give Ttar the max HP and Atk and spend that last in defense, to assure surviving a unboosted CC.
Use this to sponge whatever the fuck u want. The best companions have to be magic bouncers and stallers.

The excadrill seems pretty good at this tier, especially with this core. However, this core has many counters, as primal groudon, kyorge and rayquaza blocks this weather set
So ill put it at B rank, but ill list a solo set as well:
Excadrill Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EV's: 252Atk, 252 Speed, 4Def
Jolly Nature
-Earthquake
-Iron Head
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Okay I will put my 2 Pokemon on..

Camerupt to A- / B+

Camerupt-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Flash Cannon / Will-O-Wisp

Camerupt's power and coverage makes it perfect for a killer. This gives this Pokemon an easy job with Mawile, Metagross, Lucario, Blaziken and even Mega Salamence.

(252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Camerupt Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 289-341 (87.3 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO. Use rocks.)

Camerupt is an excellent anti-meta Pokemon and has the ability to defeat the top tier threats with ease. It's natural bulk of 70/100/105 is also enough to tank a lot of hits.

252 Atk Mega Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Camerupt: 236-278 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Camerupt: 307-361 (89.2 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Camerupt: 164-194 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Camerupt: 246-290 (71.5 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Camerupt: 280-330 (81.3 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (If it's banded, Salamence can just set up o

Secondly, Camerupt's Sheer Force + Life Orb cancels out it's recoil, giving Camerupt better durability with insane power. This is one a monster in defeating some decent Pokemon.

It's Fire Blast is for the extra power with a trade of a 15% chance miss. Flamethrower is another option option if you are just needing to defeat Mawile, Metagross or Lucario. The Fire STAB is likely to be your secondary stab. Earth Power is mandatory, being able to take down the common metagame with being able to defeat Fire, Steel and Rock. Ancient Power is mainly to defeat Salamence, being able to defeat it after rocks. Finally, Flash Cannon is just unnecessary coverage and Will-O-Wisp can be used if Mawile is in play to burn it.

However, Camerupt can't switch in into any of these, keeping it from being a top tier threat as well. It's terrible base 20 speed is nothing to praise as well being out-sped by everything. This is stopping from Camerupt from being a top tier threat itself being that it is not fast enough to be a speedy sweeper but not bulky enough to be a bulky sweeper.

Overall, Camerupt is an excellent wall breaker but thats the only thing it can do.

I will reserve Mega Aggron.

Assault Vest M Tyranitar/M Garchomp/M Sceptile/M Glalie
lol
That could work
If u could explain us the usage of the sets?

Come to the grand opening of the mega room on 21:00 GMT (1:00 US)
oasis.psim.us/mega

Changing plans: u can now join the room oasis.psim.us/mega

Last edited by a moderator:

Blastoise-Mega (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse/Scald/Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Another classic set. While Mega Blastoise already hits very hard without a boosting item, I gave it Choice Specs just for fun and for more destructive power.
In the first slot belongs a STAB water type attack. Water Pulse has a 20% chance of confusing your opponent's Pokemon, which might come in handy for switching targets, and thanks to Mega Launcher, which gives it a 50% boost in power, Water Pulse is essentially a 120 base power attack. Scald has a base power of 80, and is very spammable, because of its 30% chance to burn your opponent. Very useful against physical attacking Pokemon. OR, if you want more power, then you can go with Hydro Pump, a very hard hitting move without a secondary effect, however watch out for its shaky accuracy.
Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere are good filler moves, both getting a 50% power boost thanks to Mega Launcher.
Finally, in the last slot is Ice Beam, which is used to hit Dragon types such as Mega Garchomp, Mega Altaria, Mega Salamence etc.

If anyone wants to play megamons, its on origin server origin.psim.us under the name mega tier, its extremely similar, although mega mewtwos are allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)