SM OU Mega Diancie something something

I wanted to try out Mega Diancie since it just came out so I decided to throw this team together. It's honestly a fairly basic team but it works just fine.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Endeavor
This is a fairly old Mega Diancie set from oras when you had to run protect but with hp fire thrown on top instead. Endeavour lets you heavily weaken common switch ins to Diancie thanks to it's low base hp. Most notable among these is Chansey. 176 attack is run to ensure that Diancie can kill Chansey with Diamond Storm after an endeavour. Hp fire helps to take care of Ferrothorn mostly.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken
Now that we have something to help weaken/lure Chansey and Ferrothorn Ash Greninja is a nice edition to the team as it appreciates both of those mons gone.. It also shares some common checks with Diancie like Celesteela which will make the rest of the building process a little easier.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
I added Tangrowth mostly as a blanket check to things like Koko, Greninja and Zygarde. It also helps with rain and can do things like threaten knock off Celesteela or Chansey to force them out after they have switched in to check Greninja or Diancie. Yeah it's a Tangrowth you guys know what it does.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Heatran just gets a normal picture because I couldn't think of anything. I added Heatran for Rocks and to help out with things like webs(even tho webs is sort of dead). It can also help Tangrowth when it comes to things like taking hits from Lele and it is able to force out Celesteela and Ferrothorn after they have come in to check Gren/Diancie.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Trick
Scarf Latios was added as the obligatory Volcarona check. It can also defog should that be needed for the matchup. Trick also helps it to cut the legs out from under stuff like Celesteela, Tangrowth and Chansey for the main offensive core of the team if the speed of scarf is unneeded for whatever reason. It can take hits from things like Zard Y as well but without recovery options this is limited. Recovery over defog was a consideration but Zard Y isn't too bad for the team currently so I went with defog.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic
Zygarde was added mostly to come in/double on stuff like Celesteela that would like to check Greninja and Diancie but it can also do things like Toxic Tangrowth on the switch. Extreme speed can be a great help for more offensive teams as well.

Final Say
This team has some problems with things like Toxapex and Veil offence but it brings a huge amount of offensive pressure in certain matchups. Teams using things like Celesteela, Ferrothorn or Chansey as blanket checks especially tend to suffer. Also I made this team in about 30 minutes because Gross Sweep wanted something to rate.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Endeavor

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Trick

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)