NOC Matrix 12 NOC - Game Over, Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the amount of pages and discussion was probably the ultimate detriment of town. The entire mafia team ended up getting scum read and game solved like around page 50, but then town seemed to just keep talking and talking themselves out of it until mafia got to the win.

oh wait I missed the voting post

Alright I'm gonna throw the game because it makes me feel okay right now. I also have a lot going on this week so I should just get it over with.

I think Hawkie making all those promises during the texas day was really scummy. Hawkie was with me calling Knights confirmed town and his reasoning for voting him is garbage because there is none. I remember him saying to LW that if the game is still going after the texas lynch then we'll vote knights. That felt very off to me and he was literally buying the vote. This is something that scum!LightWolf would see as townie though and be incentivized to kill him since he's nearly escaping the NOC format to do this by posting the picture elsewhere on the site.

I think Hawkie's play during this f3 has been confusing and shady.

LightWolf is also frustrating to read because of how hard it was to push the ideas out of him that I KNOW he would have had. It felt like he was deliberately avoiding talking about certain kill setups until prompted, because his MO is to avoid looking scummy at all costs. His reaction to SoD f3 was imo better than Hawkie's but the early defeatism was grating. Like I understand where it would be coming from as either alignment but it makes me uncomfortable.

Hawkie gets the benefit of having a good interaction with Former Hope d1 (who turned into ID) that I think if they were partners was very good. Also #HawkieHasBeenSuperTownieAllGame

But I also think that blazade is not the type of player to call out his scum team early even if jalmont/hitmonleet were "extremely bussable".

The JK stuff is weird too. I just wrote out a bunch of stuff about it but realized that if their kill was blocked it slightly removes the person from being the JK for the next target night so it doesn't actually matter.

You guys both seem like wolves to me and that probably means LightWolf is town. Also I get to sheep my TOP TOWN THAT WE ALL LYNCHED YESTERDAY

I'm going to vote after I grab a late lunch just to make sure I'm cozy with it. After I vote that's my last post on the forum for a while and I won't be reading postgame or checking if we won or not. Since this vote is also slightly counter intuitive I'm expecting us to lose and hawkie was town all along, to which I can already hear the echo chamber shouting "lolempoof".
Alright so I'm going to break this down (or try)

and no I'm not making the echo chamber go "lolempoof"
this isn't even lolable anymore

Alright I'm gonna throw the game because it makes me feel okay right now. I also have a lot going on this week so I should just get it over with.
so if you're aware that you're throwing the game does that mean you're aware that hawkie is town?

I think Hawkie making all those promises during the texas day was really scummy. Hawkie was with me calling Knights confirmed town and his reasoning for voting him is garbage because there is none. I remember him saying to LW that if the game is still going after the texas lynch then we'll vote knights. That felt very off to me and he was literally buying the vote. This is something that scum!LightWolf would see as townie though and be incentivized to kill him since he's nearly escaping the NOC format to do this by posting the picture elsewhere on the site.
hawkie was very certain that texas was scum, remember?
there wasn't any buying of the vote: hawkie fully expected to go to postgame after texas' lynch
also why would scum!lightwolf ever need to see something as townie? he knows exactly who the town and scum are, and he actually benefits from killing townie players
how is the NOC format broken (and if so, is it even relevant?) it didn't do anything except give us all a laugh. you don't seem to have cared when knights did his avatar change..?

I think Hawkie's play during this f3 has been confusing and shady.
I'm not sure what exactly you were looking for, but you seem to be (as hawkie said) ignoring the past few days in favor of making a decision based on today.
that's terribly bad practice, because a mafia game is longer than that. Mafia tend to be easier to find in the long game, not the short game.
Especially not mafia that can make it to LyLo without blatant scumtells (which tend to be spur-of-the-moment mistakes)

LightWolf is also frustrating to read because of how hard it was to push the ideas out of him that I KNOW he would have had. It felt like he was deliberately avoiding talking about certain kill setups until prompted, because his MO is to avoid looking scummy at all costs. His reaction to SoD f3 was imo better than Hawkie's but the early defeatism was grating. Like I understand where it would be coming from as either alignment but it makes me uncomfortable.
so you're drawing exactly the responses you want from lightwolf?
does that mean you already know their alignments?

Hawkie gets the benefit of having a good interaction with Former Hope d1 (who turned into ID) that I think if they were partners was very good. Also #HawkieHasBeenSuperTownieAllGame
I have no idea how to respond to a statement that contradicts the rest of your post

But I also think that blazade is not the type of player to call out his scum team early even if jalmont/hitmonleet were "extremely bussable".
this is at least a somewhat decent argument, if too meta-reliant for my tastes
players try to play to look town regardless of alignment, though

The JK stuff is weird too. I just wrote out a bunch of stuff about it but realized that if their kill was blocked it slightly removes the person from being the JK for the next target night so it doesn't actually matter.
alrighty then.... I assume you had more content here but replaced it with this line

You guys both seem like wolves to me and that probably means LightWolf is town. Also I get to sheep my TOP TOWN THAT WE ALL LYNCHED YESTERDAY
yay for logic "both of you are scum so this person who I've been spoonfeeding is town"
"also I get to sheep a townie who had no info yay!"

I'm going to vote after I grab a late lunch just to make sure I'm cozy with it. After I vote that's my last post on the forum for a while and I won't be reading postgame or checking if we won or not. Since this vote is also slightly counter intuitive I'm expecting us to lose and hawkie was town all along, to which I can already hear the echo chamber shouting "lolempoof".
I'm seeing "idgaf about how this vote goes because it won't affect me whatsoever"

conclusion: scum. easily. he acts like he already knows the alignments of people, and doesn't show townie motivations. At this point I'm quadruple checking my role pm to make sure I'm not the BPV
Lynch Empoof

I had a blast

You're all beautiful people

One day I'll be good at f3s, but it is not this day

Vote Hawkie

gg I think everyone played well except Walrein, sorry if we lose moody <3

In my heart I won by knowing knights was town, that's all I can ask for.

Also something something It's not about the result it's about the journey

Bye friends
did he literally just say everyone except walrein played well?
/me ?_?

lmao

Honestly, the amount of pages and discussion was probably the ultimate detriment of town. The entire mafia team ended up getting scum read and game solved like around page 50, but then town seemed to just keep talking and talking themselves out of it until mafia got to the win.
The village played extremely paranoid and spent most of their time turning on each other while the mafia did nothing. jalmont died N1, ID and leet wussed out of any discussion (leet after d1 and ID just voteparked on leet) and the village inexplicably let them stick around for far too long, and LW did nothing until the last day phase under the guise of "rereading/I subbed in"

this game dragged on because moody's jailkeeping was GOAT but village couldn't differentiate poor town play from scum

Been following this game from the beginning, and was invited into deadchat at some point that I can't quite remember. Sorry town. You had a good chance all game but ultimately crumbled under your own paranoia and tinfoil. Congrats on the win mafia

Congrats to Lightwolf for playing my slot far better than I would have. Between my strongest town push in Former Hope getting changed to the less predictable ID and Ullar and shubaka (mislynch and buddy bait, respectively) getting upgraded to Yeti and Empoof scumreading me out the gate I was pretty tilted especially when exactly as that happened I stopped having the time to deal with it. Next time I won't sign up for a NOC when I have vacation the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)