Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Smogon Thread: THE RETURN (post Switch Friend Codes here)

yooooo thx for the elaborate answer. Def going to try this out today

By the way what’s a good kart for online? Like a good all rounder

Last edited:
By the way what’s a good kart for online? Like a good all rounder
I used to love the Standard Bike with Standard Wheels and some random Kite. It's pretty good. Now I'm leaning more towards actual karts, but I'm still trying to find something that meets my liking. There are so many combinations of character + kart + wheels + kite possible, and they all bring something different to the table.

Sorry for the doublepost btw, I just edited it

I’m using the babies right now because they have nice acceleration and steering and they’re suuuper cute :D I’ve got quite some races that I want to share with you guys. Is the recording limit really 30 seconds?

Sorry for the doublepost btw, I just edited it

I’m using the babies right now because they have nice acceleration and steering and they’re suuuper cute :D I’ve got quite some races that I want to share with you guys. Is the recording limit really 30 seconds?
Yeah, unfortunately it's 30 seconds at the moment. I'm really praying for them to increase it in the near future.

And you're definitely right about the babies. They're hella cute, especially Daisy

What a cute pic. I don’t want to come off as weird but I want Baby Daisy to be my waifu :x

Is there a diff beteen Bowser and Dry Bowser for example? Do they have the same weight and stats? And what about the babies?

Darn thats an elaborate sheet, shoutout to Luigi_Fan2 whoever that may be lol

Oh and i tried the 200cc tips you gave me. I managed to kill another few tracks (yayy) but I’m still failing hardcore whaha

Darn thats an elaborate sheet, shoutout to Luigi_Fan2 whoever that may be lol

Oh and i tried the 200cc tips you gave me. I managed to kill another few tracks (yayy) but I’m still failing hardcore whaha
Shoot, I forgot one major tip that helped me a lot. If you just want to be done with it, go ahead and do it the easy way. Turn on auto steering! It really works. You can go HAM and you'll still be able to maintain control over your kart. You can't take some shortcuts though (because auto steering will force you into some paths), but you never falling off the track will make up for it.

Woot? Can we actually do that? I could’ve seen it wrong tho. Can we also do this in time trials? That will most def help me out beating those 200cc staff bastards

Woot? Can we actually do that? I could’ve seen it wrong tho. Can we also do this in time trials? That will most def help me out beating those 200cc staff bastards
Nah don't think we can do that. I'm also having trouble with the 200cc staff time trials. Tried enabling auto steering there, but it didn't work IIRC

Last edited:
Bummer. I’m trying to record some footage right now using the built in capture thing. Do you know if there is a difference in quality when recording through the actual Switch as opposed to when it’s docked?

And what’s the most optimal in terms of quality? Uploading on Facebook and downloading it from there? Or just putting it on a MicroSD and dragging it onto your computer?

Bummer. I’m trying to record some footage right now using the built in capture thing. Do you know if there is a difference in quality when recording through the actual Switch as opposed to when it’s docked?

And what’s the most optimal in terms of quality? Uploading on Facebook and downloading it from there? Or just putting it on a MicroSD and dragging it onto your computer?
I'm assuming there's no difference in quality when recording either way. Though I'm not 100% sure. I'd have to test this myself. I think I'll soon do a comparison and upload it to YouTube.

I think the most optimal in terms of quality would be putting it on your MicroSD and then taking the files onto your computer. Uploading onto Facebook/Twitter will compress the files first, hence screwing up the quality by a lot.

Hehe looking forward to see that, thanks. Too bad there isnt just a ‘share to YouTube’ function, alongside the Facebook and Twitter options. Would’ve been way more handy. Who knows in the future.

Do you also get ‘communication error’ from time to time when playing online (global)?

Hehe looking forward to see that, thanks. Too bad there isnt just a ‘share to YouTube’ function, alongside the Facebook and Twitter options. Would’ve been way more handy. Who knows in the future.

Do you also get ‘communication error’ from time to time when playing online (global)?
Yeah, sometimes. About once every 20-30 races. Sometimes it occurs in the middle of a race (just when I'm in 1st place) which sucks. But overall, not too often.

Reminder that the people who pick Grumble Volcano deserve to freeze in hell

no im not saying that cause i got mario karted there, no such thing ever happened

Reminder that the people who pick Grumble Volcano deserve to freeze in hell

no im not saying that cause i got mario karted there, no such thing ever happened
The other volcano level is pretty annoying as well. The one with the lava Bowser smashing his hands on the track. Hate it.

Do you know if there is a difference in quality when recording through the actual Switch as opposed to when it’s docked?

I'm assuming there's no difference in quality when recording either way. Though I'm not 100% sure. I'd have to test this myself. I think I'll soon do a comparison and upload it to YouTube.

I think the most optimal in terms of quality would be putting it on your MicroSD and then taking the files onto your computer. Uploading onto Facebook/Twitter will compress the files first, hence screwing up the quality by a lot.
Hey, I uploaded an in-depth comparison on YouTube. I think it answers your questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)