SM OU Losing is an impossibility (35-0 with 90% GXE)

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
Hai! (: im WECAMEASROMANS | Sinful Pleasures, and this is my RMT. much love for reading <3 ^_^

Introduction: this is my team. some things to note:

1) this team can largely be classified as hard stall
2) there are 3 toxic users
3) this team follows item clause, meaning every mon has a different item
4) there is no z-move user
5) there are two defog users

this team has been extremely successful for me, allowing me to achieve a perfect 35-0 on the OU ladder and reaching 90% GXE on the alt "Mascara & lipstick", when rounded up. screenshot is provided below here 35-0.png

im not gonna bother writing up a teambuilding process because as some of my close friends know this team has gone through a tremendous amount of revisions, and i built probably around 5-6 versions of the team (and lost a shitton of times, to mediocre players too) before i finally ended up with the last one which has been the most successful and the one i like the most. the final version of the team is shown below:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team members:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sets:

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP | 228 Def | 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog

skarmory performs a myraid of functions for this team. first & foremost its my first defogger which is important because i always want my side of the field clear from hazards at all costs. i rly like switching and i cant afford to get punished for switching everytime! it takes a toll D: together with zapdos, skarm + zappy are able to clear the field of all common hazard setters, with the exceptions of SR heatran and spikes greninja. skarm serves as this team's ground immunity and has a shitton of other resistances/immunities as well, making it the first hard switch in for a whole list of mons such as landorus-t, tapu bulu, chomper, weavile, mega heracross, & mega pinsir.

toxic is essential here because it forces the opponents rocker (say landorus-t) on a timer. without toxic, theres nothing stopping lando-t from just spamming SR and whittling down my precious defog PP which has less PP than sr. so thats why its important to toxic them so they cant do that and you're free to spam defog/roost as you please. honestly, the only reason why i put brave bird on here in the first place is so i dont get absolutely destroyed by mega heracross and can beat it 1 v 1, but brave bird has been clutch in chipping down the opponent in countless of other scenarios too. it doesnt give keld a free switch in, is able to wall and then heavily damage mega pinsir, and in general is just skarms most powerful STAB move which makes it not overly passive and able to chip down the opponent slowly. its more useful to me than say, counter/whirlwind. Shed shell is here over rocky helmet/leftovers because magnezone is a bastard and i cant afford to lose to shitty strategies such as mag + diggersby or something.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator ----------> Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP | 240 Def | 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

mega slowbro is this teams sturdiest physical wall and is capable of sponging even the strongest of physical attacks. its this teams mega, and still has a very nice special attack stat of 130 capable of hitting back hard and not be a sitting duck with scald + toxic. the mons mega slowbro stops for this team are endless: sd z-stone edge/fly lando-t, dd z-fly dnite/mence, zard-x, keld, mega medi, terrakion, sd chomper, and fucking ZYGARDE. i always mega asap to get the crucial defense boost and sexy spatk to hit hard, and i dont rly value regenerator much at all since with dual defog residual damage isnt much of a concern for me. Mega Slowbro is this team's primary knock off absorber because of its outrageous defense and immunity to its item being knocked off.

toxic & ice beam are chosen as the last 2 moves. toxic helps me wall zard-x who could otherwise keep boosting up and overwhelm you but with this set you can just toxic it and spam slack off. it also wears down non sub keldeo and catches incompetent rotom-w users off guard. ice beam is here because i cant let coil zygarde set up on me for free and it also ohkoes dd/cb zygarde which is cool. also ice beam lets me tank z-moves from lando-t, mence, dnite, even when boosted, and ohko all of them. mega slowbro has all this physical defense because it needs it; i want it to be as sturdy as possible vs certain things such as +2 lando-ts and stuff. +4 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 329-388 (83.5 - 98.4%) = walled af

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def | 252 SpD | 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Seismic Toss

chansey is this team's specially defensive version of mega slowbro. with mega slowbro being the bulkiest physical mon in the tier and chansey being the bulkiest special mon in the tier, the two combined can wall EVERYTHING!.... or at least, thats what i was thinking when i first built this team and is the whole foundation of it. chansey is responsible for stopping the majority of special attackers cold in their tracks and is my first line of defense vs things like volcarona, zard-y, magearna, mega alakazam, GRENINJA, and specs kingdra/omastar in rain. its also responsible for keeping the rest of my team healthy with 320 HP wishes which is very valuable esp for longer games

toxic is mandatory here to not lose to things such as TG manaphy or roost volcarona and in general makes it not set up bait for a whole variety of shit. wish is here because marowak | ttar dont have recovery whatsoever and i want to keep them healthy since they're both rly important for my team ^_^ no spdef chansey is shit and i rly prefer having the special bulk, leftover 4 EVs are put in speed to have my HP at an odd number and to outspeed other chanseys and base 50s

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 208 HP | 252 Atk | 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang

marowak alola is this team's secret hidden battering ram!! its one of the hardest hitting mons in the tier and fulfills the role of the SR setter for my team. in most games, i will often get marowak alola into something that cant touch it at all, such as tapu koko or tpunch mega medicham, then fire off an attack and put a huuuge dent in the opponents team. then they'll force marowak alola out as i switch into my counter, and then repeat the process all over again later on. doing this weakens my opponents team little by little and makes marowak invaluable for this team. its also my main method of breaking down opposing stall teams, and combined with pressure zapdos, im able to outlast and break through most other stall teams rather easily. marowak hardwalls a lot of significant pokemon for my team and is able to dish out a lot of offensive pressure in return by coming in on mons such as magearna, koko, manectric, tpunch medi, msciz, ferro, skarm, zapdos and stops volt switch offense in its tracks

bonemerang is my choice for the last move because its just so useful for things like tyranitar that attempt to come in and trap it just to get killed. also sr heatran is pretty annoying and so killing them off early with bonemerang is also a plus. it also pressures toxapex and prevents it from walling you. regarding my EVs, 48 spe lets you outspeed 4 spe chansey by 1 point, which is important because otherwise chansey can outspeed you and just spam softboiled while you eventually kill yourself due to flare blitz recoil. i used to just run minimum speed previously before i almost couldnt break through a stall team because their chansey was able to outlive my marowak and changed it immediately after that. rest of EVs goes into HP

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

tyranitar serves as this team's panic button. like when my teams like "o fuck dude how the fuck do i wall this shit" tyranitar's job is to be like "yeah bro its aite i gotchu ill just trap and kill this shit for you nigga all gud". even with top tier bulk my team cant wall everything. some mons like opposing marowak alola (physical attacker that breaks apart mbro + skarm), gengar (special mon that chansey cant touch and harasses back), trick latis, hoopa-u (just unfucking wallable in general), TAPU FUCKING LELE, and countless others may be difficult for my team to wall but tyranitar is able to then trap and remove them from the game to limit their survivability. its my only form of speed control which has proved to be invaluable in certain situations and because of its splendid ghost + dark resists it can revenge kill troublesome pokemon such as +2 mawile, +2 bisharp, and +2 mimikyu. ttar is my dedicated trick absorber alongside mega slowbro

everything here regarding moves and EVs are standard.... earthquake >>> superpower for this team because 1) heatran is a fucking cunt lol 2) does more damage to sd mawile so you can revenge it 3) hits magearna super effectively so you can stop it from gaining soul heart boosts

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP | 120 Def | 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

zapdos is my 2nd defogger for my team, forming an anti hazard core with skarm. what makes zappy a special defogger is the fact that many common spikes/sr setters cant touch it at all and get immediately threatened out, such as ferro, skarm, and defensive lando-t. pressure is such a valuable ability here to cut off the PP of spikes/sr which means i can always constantly switch in and defog without worrying about losing the PP war. besides defogging zappy also has a bunch of other roles as well. its probably the most hardest pokemon to take out on my team because of the combination of recovery, leftovers, speed, and ability to actually hit back hard, something no other member can do. its my first switch in and hard walls various threats such as mega scizor, torn-t, celesteela, TAPU FINI, toxapex, z-gyarados, and kartana. as mentioned before, zapdos is also my backup weapon vs stall, as with pressure and roost and defog, it can single handedly outlast the vast majority of opposing stall pokes.

the EVs look weird but really 136 speed EVs are there to outspeed max speed tapu fini by one point, so it cant just nature madness me on the switch and then proceed to taunt me so i cant roost up and then weaken me tremendously after that. being able to outspeed it means i can roost before they taunt so they'll never be able to chip me down and i can threaten it back. there was a time when i only ran 56 speed EVs on zappy and almost lost to a tapu fini team (replay shown below) and i changed it immediately afterwards. max hp hits a leftovers number and rest goes to defense. thunderbolt > discharge because discharge is literally a shit move. for one you cant even ohko mega pinsir which zappy is supposed to be the #1 best counter for, 2nd off discharge's paralysis chance would actually be a hinderance to my team since i rely so much on toxic to wear things down and so paralysis would be counterproductive. lack of hp ice is mitigated by having ice beam on mega bro

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590670284

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590826444 close game because my zapdos wasnt running enough speed and got outsped by taunt + natures madness tapu fini, i changed the ev spread afterwards

in all honesty this team has a very strong matchup vs things like rain (kingdra & mega pert/kabutops just get walled by chansey/mega bro respectively and torn-t/msciz/ferro get dicked by zappy), standard lando-t/magearna/gren/tangrowth offense, koko + medi cores, and opposing stalls which is why i consider it to be a very easy to use and nice laddering team if you're patient enough to use stall =)

This team's annoying as shit, but I can attest to its effectiveness if the user has no shame at all (btw get rocked by spdef Bulu balance you nerd). That said, you get blown up by VinCune afaict. It can sub on most of your team and outstall Zap if you're not careful, and if it gets to +3 (not hard, considering that Zap barely dents it at +1), it's pretty much over. One of the answers to this is running Roar > Heat Wave on Zapdos. It's not exactly the most common option, and doesn't rly save you from a lastmon situation, but you can do something cheeky like bait Cune into Subbing a few times, and Roaring it out when it drops low enough to 1v1 later. Another option is running CM Blissey instead of Chansey, which checks nearly all of the same mons, but requires you to go without Wish support (idk if running Rest on Wak is your cup of tea, but that's probably gonna be the best alternative). Lastly (and the only option I can realistically see giving you the most mileage), is running CM + Shock on Bro instead of Toxic + Ice Beam. You'll generally outboost Zygarde and still beat most of the mons you're aiming Toxic at, so you don't lose anything particularly important.

Regardless, this is a p good team. I really love the concept of having a super fat core with heavy burst damage, and I hope my input helps this team get a lil better :x

Last edited:
Interesting stallteam. I especially like Wish Chansey to Marowak/TTar. If I were to use the team, I would probably:

1) replace Thunderbolt with Discharge
If there is a team that is not weak to Mega Pinsir, it is yours. Skarmory, Scarf TTar and Zapdos? You said Discharge can be annoying because you cannot poison them but it really helps turn 1 against Azelf. And be careful to call Zapdos a Tapu Fini wall because of CM :P
Paralyzing things is also not that bad because you do have some offensive presence on all your mons. None of your members is a sitting duck (like other teams Counter Skarmorys)

2) not ladder, when wishkiller is online
SubCM Keldeo just smacks this team so hard lol. Not sure if you realize this, but without Superpower on TTar you cannot revengekill SD Bisharp.

3) Surf>Scald on Bro
You Ice Beam most physical attackers and with Surf you can 2HKO Zardx. You can then replace Toxic with Psyshock/Psychic which immensly helps against Watertypes such TG Rain Dance Psychic Manaphy.
0 SpA Slowbro-Mega Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 139-165 (46.8 - 55.5%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO

Damn this is a team that I wouldn't want to fight for sure. I hate stall team, but I can respect the effort you've made on it. So is a pretty great team indeed. Good defensive/offensive coverage overall. But I was thinking about something. I really think that Marowak-Alola with Substitute is the most broken setup for him. The problem with the SR Maro is that after you setup the Rocks, all you can do is attack. So if the opponent send a counter, you'll think that all you need to do is to switch on one of your bulky pokemons. But if he read your switch and that he setup you're maybe gonna be messed up. Like, SR its pretty good because you'll win is a switch war and it marry pretty well with the theme of your team, but I think that you'll become too prevesible, and versus a lot type of team that can be lethal, especially Trick Room teams because generally the good sweepers in TR team have no wall whatsoever. So I was thinking about using Substitute instead of SR because a Maro behind a subs is more threatning than the Devil. Your opponent will be forced to attack the subs and in most of the case, lose his pokemon for it. Also, It might help you in some case to counter TR team cause maro in the Room behind a subs is more threatning than God himself XD. and with Chansey behind you don't have to fear about losing Hp since she'll recover him with Wish. Like, I'm sure you can see all the potencial behind the Maro-subs setup. And you can let Chansey send the Rocks instead of Toxic. And actually if you think about the fact that Flare Blitz+Substitute eat too much Hp, just go Fire Punch its clearly sufficient with his Akt stat. Also, since you have 2 Defoger, your Rocks we'll be almost washed up all the time. I wonder what you think about that.

Really interesting stall team one of the few without duggy so first of all congrats for building this team man it's really cool. Moreover you're using some mons i really love like M slowbro, i agree with you it has a ridiculous physical bulk. Pair with chansey it's a great defensive core. Another great idea is wish chansey in order to heal Marowak and Tyranitar. Unfortunately this teams has many cons one of the worst is Greninja with spikes it completely ruins this team and it's one of the most commons pokemon of this metagame, another problem is our beloved duggy once chansey gets trapped your team is completely destroy by special attacker like M Charizard Y, Ash Gren and many others. Also Band Tyranitar and M Heracross are extremely dangerous here, M Tyranitar with fire punch is a gimmick set but it can just destroy the team because skarmory doesn't have counter. Another problem for your team is magezone paired with Lando t knock off. Also you don't have cleric so your team is weak to status.

To conclude i'd like to salute your effort to building an original team, it has many cons but it's a really fun team and I hope my message will help u to increase team's effectiveness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)