SM OU Kommo-o Team(Needs to be fixed)

This is my current team for OU, it’s based around setting up Belly Drum Kommo-o. If anyone can help me build a nicer team around him that would be great.

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch

Kommo-o is the main focus with this team. He is the main sweeper of the team. He sets up by substituting with a belly drum. Once at 25% HP he has a 1.5x boost from his Salad Berry with a 4x in attack. He depends on his teammates to set him up. Once everything is set up Kommo-o can sweep with Thunder Punch and Drain Punch allows him to grab some of his health back if he ever needs to set up another substitute.

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

Ribombee is here to set up the process with sticky web. But before sticky web can go out the Pokemon with Defog or Rapid Spin must be checked. Once sticky web is out and can not be removed then Ribombee’s Job is complete. Hidden Power Fire and Moonblast are coverage moves that Ribombee requires. Stun spore is also another great option to sue Ribombee before he faints.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Defog

Landorus-T is mainly here to assist. His role is to be a fast Defog pivot and he out speeds most Pokemon with that choice scarf. Without Defog the opponent can set up hazards that may affect the teams success such as toxic spikes. Landorus-T will be to insure those hazards don’t affect Kommo-o’s sweep. Earthquake and Stone Edge are coverage moves.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Koko is a vital part of this team. Tapu Koko’s main part is to paralyze Pokemon and to clear the path for some of Kommo’s counters such as Landorus-T. Gigabolt Havoc can take out any flying type as long as they don’t have ground as a second typing. Hidden power ice will be able to take out Landorus-T easily. Thunder wave allows Kommo-o to outspeed even the fastest.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot

Greninja-Ash is here to clear the path for Kommo-o when needed and sometimes not used. He is also a backup if the Kommo-o strategy fails. He can take out some counters. Greninja can be replaced with another Pokémon if needed. He has minimal to do with this team but is here as a back up.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Mew is just an extra that I needed to throw in. Mew uses giga drain and fire blast as coverage moves when needed, and stealth rock is thrown out to include some leverage if needed. Soft boiled allows mew to recover HP to stay in the game to continue throwing out hazards or using its coverages moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

In the mean time here are some helpful OU Resources-
Sample Teams: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usm-ou-sample-teams-v2-up.3638845/
Viability Rankings: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-ou-ultra-viability-ranking-thread.3621329/

Edit: Opened

Last edited:
Instead of Mew, maybe consider running Celesteela or Toxapex? They can help serve as a switchin to things like offensive torn-t and any sort of fairy move that would send your Kommo-o into the spirit realm. If you're insistent on running mew, maybe try running Will-o-wisp or Mewnium Z instead of Giga Drain and Fire Blast? I'm not really sure what those moves do. Finally, if you're looking for paralysis spread, I find that Sub-seed serperior is really good at forcing switches and spreading paralysis with glare, so maybe look at that instead of T-Wave Tapu Koko. Best of luck, and welcome to Smogon!

I saw that you only landorus and kommo-o can really spam physical attacks and you dont have toxic so chansey can actually threaten to kill your team if lando and kommo-o go down. So if you want you can switch mew for a tentacruel like this.
Tentacruel @ Big Root
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
With Toxic Spikes Tentacruel can help your team and screw up Chansey. Giga Drain+Big Root does the grass coverage and the healing for Tentacruel
and Ice Beam and Sludge Wave are coverage.
OR you can use toxapex for example like this:
Toxapex @ Poison Barb
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Poison Jab
Toxic Spikes i have already explained what it does for your team, Recover is for healing, Baneful Bunker is for protection poison stalling and annoying physical attackers the might switch in and Poison Jab+ Poison Barb+ Merciless hits the victims of Toxic Spikes for good damage.
I hope these tips help your team. :)

I saw that you only landorus and kommo-o can really spam physical attacks and you dont have toxic so chansey can actually threaten to kill your team if lando and kommo-o go down. So if you want you can switch mew for a tentacruel like this.
Tentacruel @ Big Root
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
With Toxic Spikes Tentacruel can help your team and screw up Chansey. Giga Drain+Big Root does the grass coverage and the healing for Tentacruel
and Ice Beam and Sludge Wave are coverage.
OR you can use toxapex for example like this:
Toxapex @ Poison Barb
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Poison Jab
Toxic Spikes i have already explained what it does for your team, Recover is for healing, Baneful Bunker is for protection poison stalling and annoying physical attackers the might switch in and Poison Jab+ Poison Barb+ Merciless hits the victims of Toxic Spikes for good damage.
I hope these tips help your team. :)
These sets aren't very good. Tentacruel is almost good, but Big Root just isn't a good item. If someone is going to use Tentacruel in OU, it should probably look something like this:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body / Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin / Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Rapid Spin allows you to remove hazards without removing the ones on your opponent's side, while Scald spreads burns to things that can't be poisoned by T-Spikes.

Merciless Toxapex is simply trash. Just use the set on the OU analysis.

Anyway, on to the actual team.

I don't think Ribombee is a good fit for this team. Sticky Web is traditionally use to give that little extra push to Pokemon with speed that's just okay, and yet your team is filled with speedsters like Scarf Lando, Tapu Koko, and Ash Greninja. If you do decide to keep Ribombee, you should restructure your team to include something to dissuade the opponent from Defogging, such as Bisharp or Serperior. A +2 Attack Bisharp is scary, and a +1 Evasion Serperior is obnoxious.

Thunder Wave is a job better suited for a Pokemon that can take hits reliably, like Mew or Jirachi. I'd use Taunt instead.

Ash Greninja really needs a proper Water STAB; Water Shuriken just doesn't cut it, especially not pre-transformation. I would replace either Gunk Shot or U-turn with Hydro Pump or Surf.

There are several things I would change about this Mew.

First, I can't tell if you want your Mew to be offensive or defensive. Your EVs suggest a bulky attacker, but your moves suggest a more defensive role. Since I think a defensive Mew would benefit this team more than an offensive one, let's go with that. The standard defensive Mew runs 240 HP, 52 Def, and 216 Spe with a Jolly or Timid nature depending on what attacking move it's using.

Fire Blast isn't necessarily a bad coverage move, but I'd personally prefer Flamethrower on a defensive set. Giga Drain has to go, though. Since we removed Thunder Wave on Koko, this is a good place to put it.

However, since this team is lacking a Steel-type, there's a specific Pokemon that I think could be a better choice than Mew.

Jirachi may not have access to instant recovery like Mew, but it has its own bag of tricks. Wish and Healing Wish let it heal its team mates, Body Slam lets it paralyze Ground types, and Iron Head lets it flinch slower Pokemon to death and pairs nicely with paralysis. It also still has access to Stealth Rock. A set like this might serve you well:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 188 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave / Body Slam
- Healing Wish / Wish / U-turn / Fire Punch

The EVs and nature are taken from the OU analysis, and allow Jirachi to outspeed Timid Magearna and Modest Heatran.

Oh, and one more thing.

very well designed team I like the idea of taking advantage of Mew wide move pool and adding your own twist on it. Also include the idea of having three u-turn pokemon momentum key I very much enjoy that. Overall it’s a good team I’d ideally add couple mons to take advantage of the sticky web maybe something such as Barbarcle over Grenjnja. Maybe Mega-Banette over tapu koko to give you that extra physical strength then proceed to remove Kommo-o for Serperior give that great special attacker.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but it sounds like you are, so please stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)