Knocked Up

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I went and saw it last night. Originally my girlfriend and I were going to go see a 9:15 showing and when we were there at 8:30 trying to buy tickets they were sold out. That suprised me since honestly the movie kinda looked like one of those sleeper hits. We had 3 options. Go see another movie, head home and get drunk with my roommates or buy tickets for the 9:55. Obviously we bought tickets for the next viewing and I'm glad we did.

This movie was great. It was genuinely funny. Besides that one girl from SNL that can only mumble to be funny (she has a small small roll), nothing was really forced at all. The movie had structure and a predictable but solid plot.. at least way more solid than any of the other garbage I've seen recently. The basic premise for those who don't know is that this slacker average guy meets this successful hot girl at a bar and they both end up getting wasted and having sex. Girl gets pregnant and then the two try and make a relationship work from there. There's more going on than just that but that's the initial hook I guess so I don't ruin anything for anyone.

Let me stress that this is NOT a chick flick. Lots of funny one liners as well as good dialogue. The actors are all great and play their roles well. Good movie go see it.

PS: Also anyone else think the lead guy Seth Rogen kinda looks like chaos??

Hm, I thought the movie looked funny. But I couldn't tell whether it was going to be funny, or just plain stupid. Thanks for the insight.

Oh and, he kinda looks like Chaos... But Seth looks chubbier. >_>

great movie. i haven't laughed so hard since i first saw Borat, or first heard Mitch Hedberg. also, i thought Kristen Wiig did pretty good in this movie; better than her SNL shit. overall i think i'll be buying this movie when it comes out on dvd. some memorable quotes too. the entire beard gag was hilarious, and stuff like this:

"...there are five different types of chair in this hotel room."

i won't say anything else. just go see it. a scene towards the end might be a mood killer if you're with a date though... unless you're comfortable seeing crowning.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I read an article at lunch today that this movie was ripped off from this book and many jokes were taken directly and the characters are very similiar. The author has been getting screwed by lawyers of the movie's company.

A bit disapointing really that this is happening. I havent seen the movie yet.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I read an article at lunch today that this movie was ripped off from this book and many jokes were taken directly and the characters are very similiar. The author has been getting screwed by lawyers of the movie's company.

A bit disapointing really that this is happening. I havent seen the movie yet.
Wow really? I didn't know that. That definitely does suck.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
They might not have given money to the author and stuff but that seems a pretty weird thing to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)