SM Ubers King DDD (Defensive Dragon Dance) Mega Charizard X

Ok I just created an offensive set and both defensively on Mega Charizard X.
This can really surprise in a uber team

Mega Charizard X @ Charizardite X
Ability:Though Claws
Ev:252HP/216Def/24SpD/16Spe
Nature:Impish
-Dragon Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Thunder Punch
-Roost

I chose this mega evolution to surprise team uber, because this mon's can be well offensive and defensive too at the same time.Dragon Dance allows this set up his attack and speed if the Stealth Rock are not place, given that Flare Blitz can interesting Damage in Uber.Thunder Punch suprise R-Kyogre or P-Kyogre and there is also another option for touch P-Don Earthquake well it depends the set, and Roost recovered damage by Flare Blitz after the recoil damage.

Primal Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability:Desolate Land
Ev:248HP/8Def/252SpD
Nature:Careful
-Stealth Rock
-Precipice Blade
-Roar
-Rock Slide

Primal Groudon the best in the Uber rank this mon's is very versatile, he may be defensive, offensive, but I have more preference on defensive set. Stealth Rock more the combo Roar good paste for well delay Mega Salamence if it is not on to wear it kill.Precipice Blade the Signature STAB gives very good ground damage, Rock Slide can counter Ho-Oh and can OHKOing after the Stealth Rock damage.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
Ev:252HP/252Def/4SpD
Nature:Bold
-Spike
-Toxic
-Whrilwind
-Roost
Skarmory is my favorite Entry Hazard have good Physical Defensive and good Bulk at the same time.Spike is the second Hazard that can touch the ground, Toxic allows the prediction for poison likes Arceus, Lugia, Defensive P-Don, Arceus,... Whirlwind the moveset delay can break the set up mon's, and Roost allows recover the HP in case of danger.

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability:Leviate
Ev:252Atk/252Def/4SpD
Nature:Adamant
-Shadow Sneak
-Dragon Tail
-Earthquake
-Defog

I needed an Defoger and again an immunite Ground-Type like Giratina Original.Defog allows remove the Entry Hazard, Shadow Sneak the priority Ghost STAB can finish when the opponent team is very weak.Dragon Tail is an moveset can force the opponent for first attack, and Earthquake give the damage enough good.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability:Technician
Ev:252Atk/4Def/252Spe
Nature:Jolly
-Close Combat
-Spectral Thief
-Shadow Sneak
-Ice Punch

I had to find counter the Dark-Type for Giratina i chose Marshadow thank with ability Technician allowing boosted the damage of Shadow Sneak + the Life Orb this prority move is strongest, Ice Punch allows counter Mega Salamence, and Landorus.Spectral Thief this Signature move of Marshadow can steal stat who have been set up, Close Combat the STAB-Fighting can predict when an Dark-Type like, Tyranitar, Darkrai, well he becomes very weak after the drop from Def and SpD.

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability:Multitype
Ev:240HP/252Atk/16Spe
Nature:Jolly
-Sword Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Shadow Claw
-Earthquake

I chose Arceus for immunite by the Ghost-Type and item Chople Berry for tank the Fighting move like Marshadow, Mega Lucario, and Mega Mewtwo X. Sword Dance is an set up very dangerous and more Extreme Speed his good Normal-STAB and can be a dangerous Sweeper, Shadow Claw allow surprise the Ghost-Type like Mega Gengar, Giratina while to switch-in.And Earthquake has very little chance OHKOing Primal Groudon, or other mon's from Uber except that which does not touch the ground.

So if there are changes on this team do not hesitate to modify things on that I leave you your opinion.And more I send you the importable team if you want to try for test. ;)

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch
- Roost

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Rock Slide

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Defog

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Heya. Interesting team and nice RMT.

First off allow me to point out things that are huge threats to your team:

Yveltal is going to wreck havoc in your team. Life Orb variants easily 2HKO or OHKO your most reliable defogger, Giratina-O and Skarmory and it is going to cause you serious trouble especially if you are against Sticky Web offense or any HO teams with Deoxys-S as a lead. Defensive variants are capable of surviving +1 Flare Blitz from your Charizard and +2 Extreme Speed from Arceus and KO'ing back using Foul Play. Also Marshadow is susceptible of getting OHKOed by Foul Play after a single Life Orb recoil and Sucker Punch from Rash + Life Orb Yveltal variants has considerable chance to instantly take out your Marshadow after defense drop from Close Combat.

While Zekrom is not the threat that shines the most in current metagame, it can net couple KO's on your team depending on its movesets. It can occasionally switch into your Skarmory and threaten to do a chunk of damage to your Primal Groudon or heavily denting other switch-in's using Bolt Strike. Dragonium Z variants, although revenge killed by Marshadow, can instantly remove your Primal Groudon using +1 Devastating Drake, leaving the entirety of your team vulnerable to Xerneas. Choice Scarf variants are capable of revenge killing your Charizard after a Dragon Dance and forcing mind games when it is against Marshadow.

All of your sweepers are walled by Lugia, and the situation is worse because your team's Stealth Rock setter is walled by Lugia. What hampers Lugia's defensive capability as a wall is Stealth Rock and status that invalidates its Multiscale, but aside from Skarmory, your team doesn't have much way to wear it down because Lugia tends to switch into Primal Groudon a lot and yours lack Lava Plume to induce burns. It can wall your Charizard even after couple Dragon Dance boosts and your Arceus can never surmount it due to lack of Life Orb which gives a glimmer of chance of taking down Lugia after Stealth Rock and some residual damage. Marshadow will have some chance against it if your Skarmory managed to poison Lugia, but it is not like Lugia will stay in against Marshadow anyway. This means your team will need a better Stealth Rock setter that doesn't give a free switch-in to Lugia, and I will talk more about this below.

Gengar is a threat to every team but your team is very susceptible to it for different reasons; your Skarmory is completely passive, and if it has been Taunted, it will have no option other than struggling because you are not holding Shed Shell which allows you to escape Shadow Tag. If Skarmory was taken out, your whole team will be vulnerable to Mega Salamence, Swords Dance Arceus and other physical sweepers.
Teams built around Hex Gengar often companies Zygarde to spread paralysis using Glare, and your Charizard can't hit it at all. Such teams also have switch-in's for Marshadow which is basically the only relevant threat that can revenge kill Gengar outsides Deoxys-A.

--

I felt like I had to point out systemic issues from your team apart from individual ones, so I will give you a new version while keeping your old one as much as possible:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 180 HP / 204 Atk / 124 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch
- Roost

I am personally not a fan of using Mega Charizard in Ubers, so bare with me, I know this isn't a bulky zard you had.

The EV's allow you to outspeed Deoxys-A after a Dragon Dance which means you can outright OHKO it without getting revenge killed, and 204 Attack EV's allow Charizard to OHKO all Mewtwo variants and most offensive Primal Kyogre variants after a Dragon Dance using appropriate move.

There is not so much to fix with Primal Groudon when the set is very standard. Your current team is heavily reliant on Primal Groudon to check Xerneas, and considering how it is worn down over the match, I made some changes accordingly:

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 192 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic / Substitute
- Protect

This is the set from Smogon analysis page that I like to use. I would say replace Skarmory with this guy because while checking Arceus and Mega Salamence, it also prevails against Z-Geomancy variants of Xerneas which mostly carries Ingrain to prevent phazing from the likes of Primal Groudon. If Xerneas turns out to be a Power Herb variant, your Primal Groudon can just tank a hit and phaze it using Roar. Also your team needs something that can harass support Arceus forms, and I know Skarmory can punish Defog Arceus forms using Toxic but not being able to handle Z-Geomancy Xerneas made me arrive to the conclusion that Celesteela will help your team a lot.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic

Arceus-Fairy will help your team a lot against Yveltal by sponging Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing. The reason why I chose Arceus-Fairy over Arceus-Dark is because the situation it makes in vs. Web Offense teams. If your Arceus is Dark form, Yveltall will just press Taunt without a hesitation to keep Sticky Web on your side, but if your Arceus is Fairy form, it will risk getting OHKO'd by Judgment and thus will let you remove hazards easier against such teams. Toxic is there to punish Primal Groudon and Ho-oh which tends to switch in to Judgment. Stuff like Earth Power doesn't even come close to 3HKO'ing defensive Arceus-Steel or Magearna so I assume Toxic is more useful for your team. Fire Blast is an option to hit Celesteela or Ferrothorn in the other team, but your Charizard and Primal Groudon take care of them anyway.

Again, I wanted to keep your team as much as possible and I assume you can build on from here. Lurking in Ubers forums will help for sure, and you can also ask someone better to improve your team. I can't really talk about the last two teamslots without significantly changing what you had.

Have a good day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)