Jam Sessions

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was reading Penny Arcade today as I usually do every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and was intrigued by some of the contents in the blog/newspost thing they do. Apparently this July a game for the DS called Jam Sessions will be released in the US. It's essentially a guitar on your DS which to me seems fucking sweet. I own a guitar but I'm not very good... I'm not sure how improved I would be on a DS but the idea is intriguing that I could record songs on a gameboy much like back in the day. Seems like a novelty at best but I'm curious. Here's an article about it and a video demonstrating. http://ncroal.talk.newsweek.com/default.asp?item=518090

Opinions?

I read about this in Nintendo Power, but the dude who wrote it is apparently more competent than I am with the guitar anyways so I can't be sure if this is the kind of game I would be interested in yet. It does sound cool, I have to admit. The sound's supposed to be crisp and clear and if you actually know what you're doing (there are tutorials I think?) it's a fun alternative to creating songs.

I don't know, I'm going to play it by ear on this one, see what others think about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)