Iwaparesu

I think it would go like this if I understand White Herb mechanics correctly:

-Opponent attacks you with a physical move (unless they're like Conklederp and slow as mud).
-White Herb instantly activates and negates the Defense drop. The Speed boost is normal.
-You use Shell Smash, and proceed to raise and lower your stats as normal, leaving you at +2/+2/+3, and -1/-1.

Would be fun, but White Herb activates as soon as a stat is dropped, not at the end of a turn.

Yeah, thats what I feared. Oh well, if Iwap gets the SS in before the opponent attacks, it can clear the -1/ -1, which would be more ideal.

Still, looking forward to trying this.

I've just started using this set:

Iwaparesu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Spikes
- Stone Edge

Not invested in Sp.D because I have like, 2.5 special walls on this team(not really).
Stealth rock is, well, you know. Spikes is also pretty obvious. Stone Edge+X-Scissor get good coverage and STAB.

This thing should not be used as a Shell Breaker, but as a hazard setter.

I've just started using this set:

Iwaparesu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Spikes
- Stone Edge

Not invested in Sp.D because I have like, 2.5 special walls on this team(not really).
Stealth rock is, well, you know. Spikes is also pretty obvious. Stone Edge+X-Scissor get good coverage and STAB.

This thing should not be used as a Shell Breaker, but as a hazard setter.
Well I'll try a shell smash set before taking your word for it.

Hazard-setters appreciate all around bulk. With 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD and an Impish nature in sand, it has 344 HP / 319 Def / 369 SpD.

Okay yeah his ability to Shell Smash just wasn't....good enough. I always pulled off 2...but even then Stone Edge left things with like 3% HP instead of OHKOing them. Maybe I shoulda gave him an Attack up nature...I dunno.

"Study: Can't be 1hkoed."

Sturdy: This Pokemon is unnaffected by 1-hit knock out moves. If this Pokemon is at full health and would faint by the opponent's attack, it survives at one health instead.

Okay yeah his ability to Shell Smash just wasn't....good enough. I always pulled off 2...but even then Stone Edge left things with like 3% HP instead of OHKOing them. Maybe I shoulda gave him an Attack up nature...I dunno.
That sucks. Maybe if you went Max+ Atk W/ Broken Armor it would give you the attack and Speed you need.

IMO, I prefer Sturdy over Broken Armor because it helps ensure you get a Shell Smash in before you sweep (but that leaves you prone to priority).

IMO, I prefer Sturdy over Broken Armor because it helps ensure you get a Shell Smash in before you sweep (but that leaves you prone to priority).
Exactly. Unlike the other Shell Smashers, his drop in defense doesn't mean he can be OHKOed so easily. It allows him to take one hit while attacking or setting up. Although keeping the floor clean of hazards is not by any means fun. @_@

you shouldnt Shell Smash on something that can OHKO you anyway... hes more of a late game sweeper after you wack the opponents Scizor/Conkelderp/anything faster or with priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)