Invincible Sturdy shedinja

Status
Not open for further replies.

have any one tried this set:
- Shedinja (focus sash)
+ protect
+ sneak shadow
+ mimic (to copy other move in case Shadow Sneak cannot hit Normal-type)
+ sunny day (to prevent Sandstorm and Hail)
- Audino (leftovers)
+ role play (copy Sturdy from Magnezone)
+ entertainment (give Sturdy to Shedinja)
+ protect
+ thunder wave
- Magnezone - Sturdy (Air baloon)
+ protect
+ explosion (kill himself (while Audino protect) and cipple the opponent, then let Shedinja in)
+ volt switch
+ thunder wave
- Lickiliky - Clould nine (Normal Gem)
+ explosion (to lure in Fighting-type and expode, so that Audino can survive 2 turns and successfully set up Sturdy Shedinja)
+ protect
+ sunny day
+ dragon tail
- Lierpad - Prankster
+ thunder wave ( lower opponent speed so that Audio can outspeed them quickly use Entertainment)
+ fake out
+ foul play
+ swagger
- Zappos (Life Orb)
+ heat wave (to kill leech seed users)
+ charge beam
+ HP ice
+ thunder wave

this is a demo of the strategy:

The idea is simple: get Audino use Role Play on Magnezone while Magnezone use protect ==> Audino has Sturdy ==> let Magnezone use explosion while Audino protecting to cripple the opponent and Audino can recover some of its HP ==> let Shedinja in, Audino uses Entertainment on Shedinja and you get a Sturdy Shedinja. Then use thunder wave on Shedinja to prevent it from burnt and poison. At this point of the game (after 3 turns to set up), Shedinja can only be defeated by leech seed since it can use Sunny Day when weather appears . Let Zappdos in, uses Heat Wave to kill Grass type pokemons which have leech seed.

what do you think. pardon me for my poor english :)

I tried it a few time but Audino is fragile and could be killed before sucessfully using Entertainment at the 2nd turn of the set up since its speed is slow. Yet when I've done my setting up, it's a gg to Sturdy Shedinja

Come meet me on PS in five minutes and I'll show you how good it is.

Seriously though, we have been trying to cut stuff like this out of doubles ever since its inception nearly a year ago. Every time I think we are getting somewhere, I see this sort of thing.

Common things which destroy this so-called strategy: Taunt, Fake Out, Follow Me, Rage Powder, Feint (allows Magnezone to be KO'd before it loses Sturdy). Most good teams will have at least two of these things.

The only thing that I might struggle with facing this team is a grossly impartial RNG, allowing SwagCat to roll me over.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Psycho Shift doesn't work that way, Pikachuun; it only transfers your status to a healthy opponent. I would know, it's cost me more than one Balanced Hackmons games...

Anyway, this is a pretty poor strategy considering how common Taunt is and how many of the Pokémon in this strategy are weak to common attacks like Close Combat and (notably) Rock Slide. Locking this thread as it doesn't seem to promote much discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)