International WiFi Tournament -International Challenge- WON BY Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's over! D/C rate of 65%!! (I honestly think I have the highest D/C rate on Smogon. Anyone with a higher rate can let me know, seriously.)
Someone start a thread to collect D/C rates to average them out and let us complain about it. :)

Also, hax.

PungentFruit I battled you!!!! Didn't recognize Mario.

Everybody's posting their teams, eh?

Being pretty new to Doubles, I'm hoping there's an autumn tournament this year for me to use everything I've learned.
Final Record: 32-14-5 Rating: 1673

Sadako (Mienshao) @ Focus Sash
Jolly, female, Regenerator
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
High Jump Kick
Protect
Fake Out
Rock Slide

One of my usual leads, able to Fake Out most Pokemon and give her teammates some sweet extra time. HJK is HJK... On a brighter note it's funny how many Volcarona leads totally forgot Mienshao learns Rock Slide. Regenerator can be surprisingly useful in Doubles.

Colossus (Regigigas) @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP/216 Def/42 SpD
Thunder Wave
Knock Off
Return
Confuse Ray

The star of the show, Colossus (named after Rhodes, not his species) earned plenty of respect by paralyzing almost everything he got his mitts on, slapping away more than a few lefties and Berries, and crushing frailer foes with Return. Confuse Ray is my panic move which helps my odds a little and sometimes coerces switches. One of my fondest battles saw Gigas take a Water Gemmed, Drizzletoed Hydro Pump on the opening turn and surviving until the end of the match.

Imperator (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Impish, male, Poison Heal
154 HP/100 Atk/160 Def/96 Spe
Earthquake
Protect
Ice Fang
Feint
An experiment, both in EVs and Feint. I found his defenses a bit thin sometimes, but Feint was incredibly enjoyable when I predicted right. I didn't end up using Imperator much due to the number of Rain teams though.

Riptide (Sharpedo) @ Dark Gem
Mild, male, Speed Boost
252 SPA/136 Spe/116 Atk
Crunch
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Protect

Dark Gem Crunch made short work of Jellicent, Musharna, Lati@s, and plenty of others. Riptide enjoyed Fake Out and Parafusion support since those were her only insurance for living another turn! Against teams without Mach Punch she was a real terror.

Magnum (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Jolly, male, Technician
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Superpower
Protect

Gasp! A fast Scizor! He'd be a nice surprise if he didn't leave so many full-health Terrakion with 2 HP left...

Hatchet (Staraptor)
Jolly, male, Intimidate
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Brave Bird
Return
Close Combat
U-Turn

Jolly Intimidate Staraptor missed as many kills as he made! Still incredibly useful though, he could handle Conkeldurr, Hitmontop, and even Excadrill due to Intimidate making its Rock Slide too weak to KO. Also a nice revenge killer, especially for Garchomp who's immune to Thunder Wave.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
One of my last battles was against a guy with a Transform Smeargle and a FEAR Aron. Damn that was a hard battle.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I ended up with 7 battles recorded, and just redowloaded my first 3 to upload later.

I guess I'll put all the videos IDs that I have here:

16-21089-97755
65-35133-70159
17-11901-25317
51-76534-42635
99-85554-77816

Can't really remember what happened in each of them off the top of my head though, aside from the last one which I just uploaded to the server.

Had an absolute BLAST at the end of that!

I got paired with very few high-ranked opponents in this tournament - I just did a count-up and I only faced 4 opponents (out of 80) above 1700, with only Peterko being above 1750. As such it was tough picking up points, and I was fail as ever, losing against some 1400s and keeping me firmly cemented in the 1600s. My target was 1700, and as unlikely as it was seeming, I thought I had nothing to lose. At about 10pm (3 hours before the end) I had a rating of 1639, and thereafter I won 9 straight matches and got to 1695. I started a battle with 10 minutes to go, and after overcoming a scary Sleep Powder Venusaur...a DC. Thanks a million to the Wi-Fi system which suddenly decided to become speedy and find me another battle in about 30 seconds, and RIGHT as my watch chimed 1am, rating 1489. As you can imagine, a tense battle...I pulled off the win taking me to 1702. So happy!

Really need to be off to bed, but I'll post some nice Battle Video numbers at some point, as there were some pretty epic matches flying around =]

Well done to all those who kept the code of honour and didn't disconnect, and commiserations to those whom I know will be disqualified through no fault of their own.

49-19-13, final rating (and peak rating!) of 1702. VGC12, you were fun!

This was really exciting! I've never taken part in a tournament before so I definitely wasn't prepared for it...

And it was a bit of a bummer that only 5 people out of 15 didn't disconnect on me when I won.
(I don't get how people can do that, I disconnected on a few people because my wifi signal died out and I felt terrible!)

But I'm totally going to be prepared for the next one!

I guess since everyone else is posting their teams I should too...

Sherlock (Chandelure) Charcoal
Rash - Male - Flame Body
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-Flame Burst
-Flamethrower

Kitaki (Samurott) Mystic Water
Lonely - Male - Torrent
-Megahorn
-Razor Shell
-Ice Beam
-Waterfall

Mary (Lilligant) Miracle Seed
Quirky - Female - Chlorophyll
-Petal Dance
-Magical Leaf
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain

Mycroft (Reuniclus) Quick Claw
Quiet - Male - Magic Guard
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball

Laertes (Bisharp) Razor Claw
Brave - Male - Defiant
-Night Slash
-Revenge
-Brick Break
-Iron Head

Mercutio (Scrafty) Scope Lens
Jolly - Male - Moxie
-Brick Break
-Faint Attack
-Poison Jab
-Hi Jump Kick

I really had no strategy, I sorta just ran into the fights and prayed that it worked out...

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Like others, here's my team! It's the very same one I took to Regionals back in October (SoCal Regional)!

Hitmontop (M) @ Eject Button
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Wide Guard
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Crunch
- Protect

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SAtk / 96 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus (M) @ Electric Gem
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Sky Uppercut
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Once again, thehas full details.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
didn't get to play as much as i would've liked and finished with a record somewhere in the 1660s... oh well!

it was fun while it lasted, too bad 3 of the 5 days were school days :(

congrats to all the smogoners who did so well!

Let's see...

I had a perfect record, 100% wins (+1 disconnect but I won that too) (6-0-1)
Points is ~15XX
Only 1 close game (Both of us got lucky, but I was luckier)

I'm pretty much the best there is /(not really)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
team:goatee rank 1667 after 62 matches
team:ee alias the (un)friendly team rank 1696 after about 32 matches

I am presently uploading a video containing both my matches with Enfusion & skarm so stay tuned.

Didn't play the last two days, but still reached my goal!

Rating: 1709, 29-7-7

Team (I'll post an RMT for this tomorrow, as Regionals is less than 3 weeks): Gliscor, Rotom-W, Moltres, Tyranitar, Metagross, and Latios

My battles on friday (I think it was friday) weren't counted after the ratings were shown again, so I was back at 1690 instead of around 1890 on saturday, got to around 1750 I think, got DC'd by 11 japanese players in a row and just quit then. It was fun though, I even got to face matty once!

Cassie

giant claw
Got what I wanted out of the tournament, it was really fun. I think I ended up with 1675 after 75 battles. Peak was somewhere around 1800.

I don't know why so many of you got DC'd on, I had that happen maybe 5 times?

well heres my team.....i think imma make some changes later on during my life time or just make a better team...but this team worked wonders :D

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Kingdra (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect
Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Helping Hand
- Thunder Wave
- Safeguard
- Swagger
Metagross @ Normal Gem
Trait: Clear Body
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Explosion
Snorlax (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def / 184 SDef
- Return
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Protect
Hitmontop (M) @ Eject Button
Trait: Intimidate
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard

I couldn´t play the last 2 days, because of a strong earthquake here in Chile.
My final score was around 1680, and my star couple of the team was Breloom + Hitmontop. I can´t count how many trick room teams they managed to screw up with a simple combination of Fake out + Spore. This really helped me to steer my direction to a better team.

I only faced one person with a location of New Jersey, the person was named ERWIN. It might have been a different person, there were a few Japanese Players that ran a similar set up, as I found out when I faced 3 or 4 of them on Saturday.

The only Smogon players that I know that I fought were Sprocket, Roz, J-Leo-L, and Eraddd.

Of which, here's a vid of my battle with Eraddd:
99-85554-77816

btw, does anyone know if ButtonBasher will be making a compilation video of these battle video IDs like last time?
But of course! Been collecting videos the whole way through, in between my own battles no less. ;)

Quite a lot in the last 24 hours though! It's been crazy! Videos everywhere! Going to go through them and attempt download now, then will post which ones failed.

If anyone doesn't want their video as part, just let me know and I'll exclude yours. Will post up how many from each user I've got over the course of the tournament. There's also been a few posted as '57-XXXXX-XXXXX' so obviously unable to get those either; perhaps they've been posted properly and haven't noticed yet since the tourney ended.

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Protect
- Tailwind

Just standard. Loved Dragon Gem Draco Meteor. He had the habit to go before other lati@s. Only twice the other was faster. The first hit my terrakion and not my latios, the second missed her DM.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Only used against rain or hail teams. He was awesome then. Almost never used Thunder Wave, so I should probably change that. Full attack, because he still is really bulky. Chople Berry > Occa berry. Now he will live every fightingmove lol (even an fighting gem close combat from terrakion :P)

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SAtk / 28 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

nobody sees choice specs coming. It hits so damn hard. He also was really bulky.

Volcarona (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SAtk / 116 Spd
- Bug Buzz
- Rage Powder
- Heat Wave
- Protect

This one was so much fun. Rage powder fake out's of hitmontop, and hitmontop letting burned was cool. This one was also really bulky, living ones a rock slide from garchomp with 1HP.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Taunt

Just a Standard mon, but he works really well. Taunt was awesome against TR and against mons who are tricked a specs on by Rotom W, and then locking themselves in a non attacking move.

Scrafty (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spd
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Detect
- Fake Out

Just Standard, but really usefull. Nothing too say about this guy really.

The team worked really well. Didn't really expect it to. It was just as fun as the autumn friendly, I my rating was almost as high as then. Overal an very fun tournament with not many DCs on me.

My only Smogonite battle, and my DSi decided it wanted to power off mid-battle :( Sorry, kingofkongs.
You probably didn't notice, but I battled you too. I haxed you a bit (your latias won the speedty with my latios but her DM missed, so my Latios KOd your latias with dragon gem DM.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well lets see. The thing says I only have 11 battles and I played 24, so my recorde would be a lovely 10W-1L-13DC. I didn't play for like the last 3 days. Too many disconnections. My team was:

Thunderus@flyingGem Modest
Haxorus@ChoiceScarf Adamant
Jellicent@SitrusBerry Quiet
Heatran@FireGem Quiet
Metagross@OccaBerry Brave
Scrafty@ChopleBerry Brave

It was quite a odd team at glance. It was essentially Slow Goodstuff that could fall back on trickroom if needed.

It's been a massive tournament. Amazing teams, amazing wins, all awesomeness. Although I ended with just 1535, I'm happy, 'cos this is my first experience in double competitive battling. I made my team in 5 min. by editing the move-sets of my singles team a bit. I didn't really expect it to oust opponents with 1700+ ratings, but it happened. My team nearly touched 1600, just to fall by 120 points, and then recover a few later.

Anyway, I'm a bit stuck now, since I can't unlock my battle box since the server is under maintenance. Does anyone one know how to get the results of the competition and unlock the battle box while the server is under maintenance?

Uploading my three videos from the tournament, these are all battles in between 1650-1800 rating. Enjoy!

A close game vs DCHI(Japanese) using a Trick Room+Sandstorm team, enjoyed it a lot! :
98-68466-03329

Me vs CommiT* Sandstorm team. I misplayed and got outplayed:
66-52221-44566

Me vs BRIANNA using not so common pokemon that gave me a lot of hassle:
33-29998-11176

Wish I would've saved the battle against Dozz which I remember was a close one, but already had a good battle saved at the time. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)