*insert Gyarados Pun here*

So, this is my first time going competitive with pokemon, I made sure to read articles, I asked friends for opinions regarding this team, and now this team is the most consistent one I've built. I'm asking for a RMT becaue I feel like some parts of this team can still be made better.

So without further ado, the offensive core of the team:

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Baton Pass

This guy's main goal is to get at least one Sword's Dance and 2x Speed Boost and then pass on to, most of the time, Gyarados. Though surprisingly, this guy can nab some kills as well before going down or Baton Passing. Hence, Focus Sash + Protect is preferred over Black Sludge + Substitute. Also, EQ is preferred over Megahorn because I loathe chances.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Nothing much to see here, he functions most of the time as a late-game sweeper after everything has been weakened. Still contemplating if I should switch to Life Orb. Becomes all the more deadly if passed with +2 Atk and +2 Speed by Scolipede. Also, his moveset is one of the most generic ones for him.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Dance

Undoubtedly the star of the team. Half of the time the matches end if he gets going. A defensive EV set, coupled with Resttalk makes him very hard to kill. And when passed with +2 Atk and +2 Speed, he becomes an unstoppable force(well, sorta). Intimidate is chosen for easier baton passes. The good thing about this set is the fact that I don't have to mega-evolve him asap, he still functions well even if
unevolved, and it gives him a bevy of different resistances which imo are just as useful as the ones he have as Megados.

But it's not all peaches for him. Megados is hard walled by Ferrothorn, is countered by Azumarill and Rotom-W, and has a hard time against or any other physically defensive mon' that resists water. Though Megados can somewhat wear down physically defensive water mons with resttalk, provided he isn't 2HKO'd.

And that's it for my offensive core! Now moving on to the defensive core:

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 160 SAtk / 104 Spd
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Notice how 3 of my pokemon is weak to fire? How Ferrothorn walls Megados and Scizor? This guy is the answer. He also completes the F/W/G core. Though I'm not very sure on what kind of moveset he should be running. I used to run him with defensive stats and leftovers, as well as Roar, SR, Protect and Lava Plume for his moveset but now I'm trying an offensive one and it's still in testing

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SDef / 176 Spd
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Horn Leech

This guy is my answer to Azumarill and other physically defensive water mons that will otherwise give Gyarados and Scizor a hard time. Also, my switch in to any fighting type that wants to clobber Megados and Heatran. His job is to burn and wear down as many pokemon as it can with SubSeed, WoW and Harvest + Sitrus Berry. I used to run Gourgeist instead of this guy, but IMO Trevenant's ability gave it the upper hand.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Spd / 76 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss is my answer to all the dragons in ou meta. Paraflinchax is too stronk, especially when passed with 2x Speed, it becomes almost unstoppable, save for Bullet Punch. The only thing that bugs me about him is that aside from walling Dragons and forcing them to switch(most of the time), Togekiss has no synergy whatsoever with the rest of the team. And he doesn't offer anything other than paraflinchax and his decent bulk. So I've been trying to find a replacement for him(I'm thinking of Klefki but Klefki will just add to my Fire weakness, Gyarados doesn't have the SpDef to handle Fire Blasts as well)

So there! Please be as brutal as possible in your critique, as long as it's backed by reason. The main thing that bugs me about this team is the defensive core, IMO it's not good enough. And I don't have Defoggers/Rapid Spinner and Taunt users.

Hello there! Very nice team. I have just a few minor changes, really. Here they are!

I would put a Jolly Nature on Pede over Adamant. Just to not get outsped by anything. It's up to you, though.

I would put U-Turn on Scizor, as, even though it's weaker than Bug Bite, it lets you scout, and gets you out of bad matchups while still dealing damage.

Heatran really needs the speed of a Timid Nature. You might want to try Overheat then, as it provides a significant amount of power, while still having 90% accuracy, though be warned, it misses at the worst times!

Other than that, everything looks great. I'm not too familiar with Trevenant, but I'm sure other people here are.

Much Ludvisc!

deadflame

Hi thanks for the RMT! I tried those changes, and the only one that I didn't like was U-turn -> Bug Bite. IMO when Scolipede passes a 2x Attack and 2x Speed to Scizor and the he just uses U-turn to get a SE hit, it breaks my heart. Also, with no Speed, if something switches in on Scizor that counters him, it'll prolly take a lot of dmg before having the chance to use U-turn, so it's better to just switch it out manually. imo my 2 cents

Did you fight this team earlier tonight? This looks very familiar lol...

Overall great team. I use the same strategy with Scolipede and my Dragonite/Kangaskhan.

^not sure, one thing I know is that I hate megakhan, it's too stronk :]

Also, on my team. I'm kinda losing hope on this one, I'm not sure if I'm the one that's lacking skills or is it the team composition. Maybe I'll just need to rack up on experiences in order to learn more and to play better

^not sure, one thing I know is that I hate megakhan, it's too stronk :]

Also, on my team. I'm kinda losing hope on this one, I'm not sure if I'm the one that's lacking skills or is it the team composition. Maybe I'll just need to rack up on experiences in order to learn more and to play better
Mega-Kangaskan is a beast for sure, but I don't think it's better than all (or even most) of the other Megas. It definitely has its niche, though.

I would swap out Togekiss's Roost for Wish. That will give him better team synergy since he can heal other team members. Togekiss is also capable of learning Ancient Power, and with Serene Grace, that means a 20% chance of boosting every stat. Just something to consider.

Also, Scizor can learn Defog. Since you're currently missing a Spinner/Defog User, perhaps you would want to consider taking out Bug Bite (since you already had swapped it for U-Turn at one point) and throwing in Defog for a little more utility? Although then you might want to swap the Choice Band out too... Oh, decisions, decisions...

^hmm I'll try that on Togekiss. About Defog on Scizor, I think I'd rather replace Superpower, because everyone and their mother brings either Gengar or Aegislash, and I haven't had any chance to use it at all.

Although honestly I haven't had any problems with hazards whatsoever.

EDIT: 600 views and only two rates? Come on people QQ I know this team can still be improved!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)