In-game Articles for the 6th gen Claims/Suggestions

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
if you thought you ran out of ideas, i'm sure there are a lot of new ideas out there with the new Pokemon Z and Pokemon Go hype :)

btw Oglemi, does the in-game section only touch topics about the main series of the game, or are articles about PMD, and etc allowed as well
Main series unless the spinoffs somehow affect the main series like ranger

i would like some independent verification to 100% confirm but it appears ORAS has removed the ensured 3 31IVs for no egg pokemon that evolve into breedable pokemon in oras catchable baby pokemon are magby tyroge elekid and happiny and you receive wynat and togepi as gift eggs in game and none of these for me of had 3 31 IVs yet except for the ones that the dex nav said had 3 31s when 3 starred for dex nav encountered ones.

i'm starting to think the fact that babys having 3 31s in XY was a oversight/glitch and that the 3 31 thing was intended only for legendaries as all the ones i've gotten in ORAS do have 3 31 IVs and gamefreak probably intended it to be like that from the start but who knows it depends on what "Z" or whatever that game will be called will do to see if that's the case.

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i would like some independent verification to 100% confirm but it appears ORAS has removed the ensured 3 31IVs for no egg pokemon that evolve into breedable pokemon in oras catchable baby pokemon are magby tyroge elekid and happiny and you receive wynat and togepi as gift eggs in game and none of these for me of had 3 31 IVs yet except for the ones that the dex nav said had 3 31s when 3 starred for dex nav encountered ones.

i'm starting to think the fact that babys having 3 31s in XY was a oversight/glitch and that the 3 31 thing was intended only for legendaries as all the ones i've gotten in ORAS do have 3 31 IVs and gamefreak probably intended it to be like that from the start but who knows it depends on what "Z" or whatever that game will be called will do to see if that's the case.
DHR-107 cant say ?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I am pretty sure that the latter half of your post is what happened.

In XY I would not be surprised if it is a happy accident, considering the availability of Azurill, Riolu and the like. The change was probably made because they realised that it should not have extended past the legendaries (an easy mistake, basically saying if no egg then give 3 31 IVs [Which actually applies to Nidorina too]).

I think I've seen this question in the OI SQSA thread asked, and people are sure the 3IV baby thing does not exist in ORAS. Its been "slimmed down" to just Legendaries.

EDIT: I briefly spoke to AJC on IRC about this this morning.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Undiscovered_(Egg_Group)

In Pokémon X and Y, all Pokémon in this group are guaranteed to have a perfect 31 in at least three of their individual values when caught in the wild or obtained as a gift. In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, this only applies to Legendary Pokémon.
So yes, it doesn't happen anymore in ORAS.

Conni

katharsis
I was thinking of an ORAS Gym Leader Guide, so explaining the teams of each Gym Leader (not Elite Four and Champion) and what Pokemon that are available in that position are best to defeat the Gym Leader, and what strategies the Gym Leaders use and so on. Basically an overall guide to the Gym Leaders and how to beat them for anyone struggling or wanting to secure their win.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking of an ORAS Gym Leader Guide, so explaining the teams of each Gym Leader (not Elite Four and Champion) and what Pokemon that are available in that position are best to defeat the Gym Leader, and what strategies the Gym Leaders use and so on. Basically an overall guide to the Gym Leaders and how to beat them for anyone struggling or wanting to secure their win.
can you pm me a short sample

Conni

katharsis
Also I posted this in the TFP Article approvals but this should be a better place to put it tbh

So the article is meant to be about all the features of the PokéNav+, explaining what does each feature do and contain and basically an in-depth information about those and opinions. Basically content includes explaining the features of the DexNav like what type of Pokemon you can find on it and what features explain the type of Pokemon can be found. Also explaining the PlayNav category including Pokemon Amie, explaining each minigame and how to raise your Pokemon's happiness and what to do in Pokemon Amie, the PSS and what you can do with the community such as trading and battling etc, Pokemon Super Training and how you can make your Pokemon stronger in a different training aspect. Also the BuzzNav will be explaining things like each channel and what they talk about and the events that occur in the BuzzNav like the Latios/Latias ORAS event. The article might help people who don't really understand the full uses of the PokéNav+ and how it's not just a side-game thing and how it can be really helpful in-game.
Note: I'm also going to tag Ciran because we decided to co-write this idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)