In-battle Formes in the same Analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been something that has been bothering me since Meloetta came out, and now that Megas are a thing, I'd like to address it.

All of the Pokemon have their own pages, including all of the Formes. With things like Shaymin, it made sense to give both Formes their own separate pages, since they played very differently from one another and they were able to switch Forme outside of battle, meaning that if you wanted to use Shaymin-S, you could enter a battle with Shaymin-S in your lineup, not regular Shaymin.

However, with Meloetta, the stats for Aria and Pirouette were in different places, which seems kind of odd when you consider that its impossible for Meloetta to enter a battle in Pirouette Forme. Seeing as you would have to use one in order to use the other, why aren't both of their stats and abilities in the same article? It seems to me as though it would be more efficient to keep both sets of stats, sprites, and abilities on the same page rather than create a new page for that isn't really used, not to mention less confusing for newer players learning about said Pokemon.

That said, I'm not familiar with how the site's layout is formatted, so this might not work too well or just be a massive pain in the ass to implement, but I think that with the Megas, Meloetta, Aegislash, and others that I might be forgetting, this would be a good idea. Thoughts, anyone?

I like the sound of this, but I think it could be more confusing to newer members to have differant sets for differant forms all on the same page. To address this, they could be seperated into differant sections of the page that are clearly labled appropriately.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Analyses are already going through massive revamps for the 6th generation. Wait and see what happens, and if you still feel there is an issue, bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)