If You Actually Fell For This, I Have a Bridge to Sell You

Status
Not open for further replies.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think it's interesting how high Ratatta is in the Uber stats. Just goes to show how broken and uncounterable the FEAR strat really is.

Thanks for the speedy stats Antar! Awesome job as always!

I have been telling people this for so long. What is a resisted scizor bullet punch going to do electivire? Nothing. He shrugs it off and uses flamethrower. Rotom-W? Volt switch gets absorbed by motor drive and sets you up to get swept. Landorus and dragonite? Ohko'd by ice punch. Tyranitar? Cross chop.

Ground attacks? Balloon electivire is completely immune. Now he has no weaknesses and you aren't going to do jack shit. Electivire has no counters, no safe switch ins, NO CHECKS. Perfect coverage does that to a Pokemon.

Even if you pop the balloon, every good electivire user carries a squirtle AND a sunken. Ground type pokemon are only good for killing electivire, but the aforementioned threats keep them from surviving in OU at all.

Who's your favorite Pokemon? FUCK YOU. NOBODY CARES. BECAUSE IT SURE ISN'T AS AWESOME AS THIS HERE ELECTIVIRE.
This so much. But alphatron, there is a flaw in your logic. You see, Squirtle is the best Rapid Spinner in OU, and ever since Omastar's usage increased, his Spike-laying prowess has left hazards everywhere. This, imo, is why Squirtle shot up so much. Squirtle really isn't so adept at dealing with Ground-types, because you don't want him taking excessive damage early on, since he lacks recovery. You want him alive to spin away Omastar's Spikes throughout the whole match.

You may say "But Omastar is low OU, why worry so much?". Here's why. Because after a Curse, Miltank can tank almost any hit in the metagame, barring Hariyama's Close Combat or Electivire's mighty Cross Chop. With 3 layers of Spikes via Omastar, it's investment in bulk is more than made up for, and it can tear through teams. Due to this, there's a real paranoia about preventing hazards, hence Squirtle's absurd usage, which in turn keeps Miltank as a relatively low OU.

So while you're right about Sunkern, I disagree on Squirtle. The real beauty about Sunkern as an Electivire partner is that its main counter, Quilava, is used so much so that the Ground-types will actually be able to get to Electivire. But Squirtle just smacks Quilava down like it's nothing. Which is awesome. And then the Manectric's that come in to stop Squirtle just power up Electivire. So I guess, indirectly, the trio is as invincible as you stated. Possible consideration for the the OU Council (or whatever it's called) to think about banning.......

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good to see Wormadam-S getting the love it deserves in RU. Definitely the most versatile SR user in the tier.

People still use Scizor?
When will people realize that choice scarf caterpie can do the same damage will running a mixed attack set?

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Directed towards any allegations that these stats are not 100% accurate:

Yes, these stats do, in fact, have a few inaccuracies, due not to any fault of Antar, but rather the server frequently overloading and crashing and such. Any and all of these problems can be fixed by purchasing a Smogon GOLD account, allowing you to see the proper and perfectly correct usage stats 24/7. For those who are interested, I suggest private messaging users chaos, Bloo, Synre, or Articuno64. The prices range from $9.99/month - $15.99/month, depending on the level of access you purchase, but I highly recommend getting this limited time offer while it still lasts!

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus

Yes, these stats do, in fact, have a few inaccuracies, due not to any fault of Antar, but rather the server frequently overloading and crashing and such. Any and all of these problems can be fixed by purchasing a Smogon GOLD account, allowing you to see the proper and perfectly correct usage stats 24/7. For those who are interested, I suggest private messaging users chaos, Bloo, Synre, or Articuno64. The prices range from $9.99/month - $15.99/month, depending on the level of access you purchase, but I highly recommend getting this limited time offer while it still lasts!
this needs to be in the OP Antar

I agree with this. Everyone knows magikarp is the most used pokemon EVER!

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
| 1 | Rattata | 4319 | 41.502% | 3683 | 44.863% |

KING OF UBERS

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hahahahahahaha

ahh is this in a readable size?
Unfortunately that was the largest I could make it.

[EDIT]
Most people have heard of Pokemon
Some have been following since Season One
From the very first generation you see
There is one Pokemon that is very dear to me

Magikarp is its glorious name
Yet most say it is the most useless in the game
But I shall tell you of its power
And to its strength you shall cower

From its base health of 20 points
The Magikarp shall never disappoint
80 base speed is a very high stat
Doubling in rain beats even that

Trainers argue that splash is a useless move
Speaking as a Pokemon master I disapprove
A Magikarp that has lived for years
Can jump so high it will bring you to tears

Tackle is its weakest and worst attack
But mock it and reality will hit you with a whack
Most people laugh until they have no breath
But I’ll have you know that’s 10 kilos of pure death

A Magikarp is practically legendary
Flail is its final move and is incredibly scary
With no more attacks this move shall occur
With 200 attack your Pokemon shall faint in a blur

You’ve heard my ode and you must be in awe
However the Magikarp has one major flaw
Its evolution is complete utter garbage
So make sure you use the B button to your advantage

For those of you who've been suspicious about the facts that the stats went up so quickly, I feel I should explain:

for the past THREE months the only thing preventing me from posting stats at 1am is that I'm not usually AWAKE at 1am.

I've set up my scripts to process the battle logs (the part that takes the longest) on a daily basis. Consequently, come the end of the month, all that's left for the scripts to do on the 1st is counting.

The delay for the past few months has been that I can't write a script to make a thread. That's ALL.

While this is hilarious, I'm waiting to see if the Scrafty wasn't part of the April Fools joke.

P.S. You're all wrong about the best pokemon. Unknown is a beast in OU, especially considering it can run 17 different sets. One wrong switch, you Gengar takes a HP Ghost to the face. Dragonite falls to HP ice. Even Arceus isn't safe from the HP fighting set.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Free Garchomp, we need it to counter Electivire. Electivire is just way too overcentralizing right now. Yache Chomp says hi, gg Electivire.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lc has a problem

Rank | Pokemon | Usage | Percent | RealUse| RealPct |
+ ---- + Magnemite + ------ + ------- + ------ + ------- +
| 1 | Gastly | 279 | 82.301% | 255 | 86.490% |

Magnemite is unranked level

Not that this is any surprise magnemite is totally overcentralizing

I have been telling people this for so long. What is a resisted scizor bullet punch going to do electivire? Nothing. He shrugs it off and uses flamethrower. Rotom-W? Volt switch gets absorbed by motor drive and sets you up to get swept. Landorus and dragonite? Ohko'd by ice punch. Tyranitar? Cross chop.

Ground attacks? Balloon electivire is completely immune. Now he has no weaknesses and you aren't going to do jack shit. Electivire has no counters, no safe switch ins, NO CHECKS. Perfect coverage does that to a Pokemon.

Even if you pop the balloon, every good electivire user carries a squirtle AND a sunken. Ground type pokemon are only good for killing electivire, but the aforementioned threats keep them from surviving in OU at all.

Who's your favorite Pokemon? FUCK YOU. NOBODY CARES. BECAUSE IT SURE ISN'T AS AWESOME AS THIS HERE ELECTIVIRE.

Lc has a problem

Rank | Pokemon | Usage | Percent | RealUse| RealPct |
+ ---- + Magnemite + ------ + ------- + ------ + ------- +
| 1 | Gastly | 279 | 82.301% | 255 | 86.490% |

Magnemite is unranked level

Not that this is any surprise magnemite is totally overcentralizing
Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)