Ice Monotype

Not so long ago I was introduced to the OU Monotype tier in Pokemon Showdown, and I liked the idea of this metagame, so I decided to give it a try. This is my first team in any tier, as well as my first thread ever, so I am open to all criticism. I've played six matches with this team, winning 5 (Grass, Ground, Water, Normal, Bug) and losing 1 only (Fighting) over the course of two days. The order of the pokemon is irrelevant, since I don't have an specific lead yet. If I have any spelling or grammar mistakes, please comprehend since I am not American, but Colombian.

THE TEAM:

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Rapid Spin

A very much predictable, but very powerful set for Cloyster. The key for Cloyster's rampage is timing in my opinion. Switch in at the appropriate moment for the setup of Shell Smash, and then proceed with the sweeping. One opponent once asked me "Why the White Herb?", and I prefer the White Herb over anything else, so I don't lose any defense. He said "But you will still be OHKOed", but only for special attacks, not for physical. Rapid Spin to destroy any entry hazards that this team is vulnerable to. The other two moves, used to take advantage of Skill Link.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

One of the three lead options for this team, because of Stealth Rock. The 1/4 damage to fire types does come in handy with this team. The Focus Sash + Endeavor + Ice Shard combo works wonders, but I'm not sure about something, and it concerns me since I have failed trying to do it once or twice. Does Endeavor get a -1 priority, or does it work as a regular move? Because if it works a regular no priority move, then I'll probably need to take off Speed EVs so I can use this strategy.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Giga Drain

Another possible lead for the team, just for the early set up of Hail. Basic SubSeed set for Abomasnow, with a 100% accuracy blizzard. I personally don't like using Abomasnow as a lead, because it can be countered so easily, and i'll lose the Hail benefit which this team works around on mostly. Should I leave the Leftovers as item, or maybe equip the Big Root for more recovery?

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Pursuit
- Night Slash

Fundamental physical sweeper and revenge killer. Night Slash provides strong STAB; Pursuit offers me the option to hit the fleeing pokemon and hit them hard with STAB. Low Kick for the Steel and Rock type pokemon, primarily the heavy ones such as Steelix, TTar, in between others. Ice Shard with STAB and priority for the revenge of the fallen. Life Orb for extra power on my moves.

Rotom-Frost @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Expert Belt set for this deadly fridge. Blizzard OHKOs mostly everything that can't resist it, and for those who resist it, there is Discharge (with a high chance of crippling the opponent), and my favorite Hidden Power Fire for those annoying Steel types such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Forretress. Volt Switch is there to make an exit if needed to.

Jynx (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Hail
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic

And last but not least, the other possible lead for this team. Lovely Kiss at the start can be problems for many leads wanting to set up. The 75% accuracy is the main problem, but hey, at least it is something. Psychic and Blizzard for strong STABs, and Hail just in case Abomasnow is dead.

As I stated before, this is my first team and thread, so I am open to all criticism.

I must say, why Endeavor on Mamoswine? there are so much better options for that moveslot (Icicle Crash for example)
I use Endeavor as a last resort on Mamoswine, and it works great with the hail, since it will kill everything that isn't an ice type or has Magic Guard when the pokemon has 1 HP left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)