SM OU Hyper Offensive rain dance

Ive just now am getting into competitive battling and after some quick research scrambled this team together, I feel it has potential it just need a nudge in the right direction. Almost all of them benefit from rain dance and most of them have the ability to keep the rain coming

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
This is my sweeper, main source of damage is waterfall assisted with earthquake to deal with electric types that would otherwise demolish him. I use dragon dance to boost his attack and speed making him a quick and deadly opponent.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
I use garchomp and my lead making use of stealth rock and rain dance to start setting up some powerful next move, as well as having him as a pretty strong attacker himself with stab earthquake and raindance boosted aqua tail

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance
Gengar is a wall breaker with high damage and a low counter pick pool. he has the ability to taunt to cancel out pokemon reliant on none attacking moves and some high damage stab moves.

Raichu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunder
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch
- Rain Dance
A fast and deadly clean up that can use thunder that never misses during raindance, volt switch for good escape options and extreme speed for when his regular speed isn't enough

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Rain Dance
another wall breaker doing incredible damage esspecially in rain dance plus ability sap sipper make grass type moves useless for opponents taking out a big weakness. also has high damage moves with super power and play rough for some water resistant pokemon

Volcarona @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Whirlwind
my last pokemon is Volcarona who is another sweeper. I am really not sure about this one or if this is how i should fill the slot at all but he can do some good damage and get through substitute regardless of rain using bug buzz and when rain runs out he can use powerful fire moves and whirlwind to get rid of pesky opponents

I've played quite a few matches using this team and feel its solid but could still use cleaning, but im pretty proud of it as a whole

You have a very interesting team but i think you take a lot away from running rain dance on nearly every pokemon and limiting the coverage on your pokemon. If you are intent on using rain I would highly recommend using Pelipper > volcarona because it has drizzle and with the addition of damp rock it will last for several turns (I cant remember the exact number). Running Pelipper also allows you to have a defog user and have a slow pivot with U-turn. Also because your team revolves around always having rain up you weaken volcarona's fire type moves anyway so there is a lack of synergy.
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-Turn
- Roost
- Defog
By now using Pelipper you can look to opening up move slots on some of your pokemon. Most rain teams tend to run swift swimmers and that is something you don't have which means you don't use it to it's best ability. I would recommend swapping Gengar out for another wallbreaker being kingdra. Kingdra stab boosted hydro in the rain hits like a truck and will destroy most walls. It's ability to access swift swim lets it outspeed a lot of the metagame that don't have base 110 or higher + scarf.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

I would recommend using Lightning Rod > Static on your Raichu because it has low defenses anyway meaning it most likely will not live a stab physical move. It's main strength comes from it's speed and by running lightning rod you can switch into electric type attacks and boost your special attack. I would also recommend running Hidden Power Ice > Rain dance on your Raichu to help it deal with ground types like garchomp and Landorus which you are unable to touch. Also because you are choiced if you set up rain you are then forced to swap out.

Finally I would run Ferrothorn > Azumarill because it is a very bulky mon which can switch into those grass weaknesses. Ferrothorn also benefits from the rain as fire type moves damage are reduced. This pokemon should help your team a lot defensively as well as being able to set up more hazards and being a good tapu koko switch in.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off / Gyro Ball

I hope these changes help and i haven't taken away what you intended with the rain too much. If you feel like you need rain dance on your mega Gyarados and Garchomp feel free to keep running them on one or both but do test swapping it out if you need more coverage. For instance using crunch on Gyarados to deal with Mew better.

Good Luck!
Thank you so much, ill definitely use these suggestions!

I forgot to mention your team may be vulnerable to Mega Medicham and Lopunny as pelipper is your only real switch in, but ice punch is still neautral damage. If it becomes problematic you could try utility mew with stealth rocks over your Garchomp. this would also decrease your fairy weaknesses from three to two which could be useful
noted

Hyper Offense is mainly described as having 4 main roles to your team.
First role is a suicide lead.
Second role is a wallbreaker for your team. x2
Third role is a set up sweeper for the team. x2
Last role is a late game cleaner / revenge killer.

Changes:
First is changing Mega Gyarados from Adamant to Jolly. Despite some damage loss, you'll gain speed back to help you outspeed slower mon and scarfers. Also removing Rain Dance from Gyarados and switching it to Crunch. Crunch allows you to better hit Psychic type like Latios or Latias which resist Gyarados' other attacking moves. So Gyarados will be your first set up sweeper for your team.

Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Next up is Garchomp. Seeing how you want to use him as a Suicide Lead, Garchomp will more than likely need a Focus Sash rather than a Rocky Helmet. Garchomp is your Suicide Lead.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Fire Blast

Fire Blast is for steel types that switch into Garchomp like Skarmory or Ferrothorn.

Next up is Gengar. It will act as the first wallbreaker of the team. A Choice Specs would better benefit Gengar rather than a Life Orb would. Life Orb gives off recoil which would be ideal with a frail pokemon like Gengar.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave

Now for the rain part of the team. I would recommend taking out Raichu for Pelipper. Pelipper is your second wallbreaker. Pelipper will set up your rain and function as a wallbreaker with this set.

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Knock Off / Surf
- U-turn

Next up is your second set up sweeper. Kabutops will replace Azumarill Kabutops will be your Z user for the team as well. With a +2 Z-Stone Edge has very little switch ins imo. Knock Off is so you'll be able to remove leftovers or assault vest or whatever item they're holding.

Kabutops @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Last up is your cleaner. With these changes, the team seem Chansey weak so I'll suggest using Terrakion instead of Volcarona. Seeing how this is a rain team, Volcarona will do little to no damage with the rain up. Terrakion will also deal with Charizard Y which can be a nuisance to the team.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Toxic / Earthquake

Toxic is mainly of your opponent switches in a Tangrowth. With Toxic it'll be able to wear it down. Stone Edge + Close Conbat is for stab.

Hope these changes helped you out.​

Hyper Offense is mainly described as having 4 main roles to your team.
First role is a suicide lead.
Second role is a wallbreaker for your team. x2
Third role is a set up sweeper for the team. x2
Last role is a late game cleaner / revenge killer.

Changes:
First is changing Mega Gyarados from Adamant to Jolly. Despite some damage loss, you'll gain speed back to help you outspeed slower mon and scarfers. Also removing Rain Dance from Gyarados and switching it to Crunch. Crunch allows you to better hit Psychic type like Latios or Latias which resist Gyarados' other attacking moves. So Gyarados will be your first set up sweeper for your team.

Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Next up is Garchomp. Seeing how you want to use him as a Suicide Lead, Garchomp will more than likely need a Focus Sash rather than a Rocky Helmet. Garchomp is your Suicide Lead.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Fire Blast

Fire Blast is for steel types that switch into Garchomp like Skarmory or Ferrothorn.

Next up is Gengar. It will act as the first wallbreaker of the team. A Choice Specs would better benefit Gengar rather than a Life Orb would. Life Orb gives off recoil which would be ideal with a frail pokemon like Gengar.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave

Now for the rain part of the team. I would recommend taking out Raichu for Pelipper. Pelipper is your second wallbreaker. Pelipper will set up your rain and function as a wallbreaker with this set.

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Knock Off / Surf
- U-turn

Next up is your second set up sweeper. Kabutops will replace Azumarill Kabutops will be your Z user for the team as well. With a +2 Z-Stone Edge has very little switch ins imo. Knock Off is so you'll be able to remove leftovers or assault vest or whatever item they're holding.

Kabutops @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Last up is your cleaner. With these changes, the team seem Chansey weak so I'll suggest using Terrakion instead of Volcarona. Seeing how this is a rain team, Volcarona will do little to no damage with the rain up. Terrakion will also deal with Charizard Y which can be a nuisance to the team.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Toxic / Earthquake

Toxic is mainly of your opponent switches in a Tangrowth. With Toxic it'll be able to wear it down. Stone Edge + Close Conbat is for stab.

Hope these changes helped you out.​
This seems really cool and i will definitely use these guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)