Hilarious NPC Quotes

Ok, I'm a little disappointed. How has this not been pointed out yet?
Youngster early in SuMo:
(Upon spotting you): "Let's go! Kneecaps!"
(Upon defeat): "Aww... Brought to my knees."
(After battle): "I gotta catch more pokemon! Pokemon with cool knees are so neat."
The real kicker is that his pokemon doesn't really have much in the way of kneecaps (or knees in general)
It's Grubbin!
(Image from Bulbapedia)
That youngster must have a knee fetish
"My knees are like in the top percentage of knees. Do you know what I am saying?"

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"Attention all students. Would Ransei please come to the office on 2F? Ransei to the 2F office, please."

You had to call out all students for THAT?

Edit: "Attention all students. Ransei has completed his lesson at the Trainer's School!"

I like Lillie's reaction to you being called into the office:

Lillie: "What terrible thing did you do to get called to the office so soon?"
Select "Nothing!": "That's what you say..."​
Select "Well...": "So you did do something?!"​
Excuse me little miss secret, but shouldn't I get a little benefit of the doubt after saving Nebby?

Picknicker Carol, Route 112. Pokemon Emerald.

Initial Dialogue: "When you're out on a picnic, you simply have to sing! Come on, sing with me!"

After defeating & talking to her: "It doesn't matter if you're good or bad at singing or POKeMON. If you have the most fun, you win!"

Even her name is related to singing. Carol = song.

Last edited:
mm flint acknowledged the true power of his ronald mcdonald hair
"Let's say I'm in a battle, OK? What if I didn't use my Poké Balls? Instead, I can have my guys come in and out of my Afro to battle."

look me in the eye and say the pokegear phone is useless while chuck is calling me
"Aaaaahh! Boomwhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhoosh...! ...Haa haaa haaaa."
You also gotta love that Chuck's wife calls him fat

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Guzma: You know, all this time, I actually kinda liked you."
Pretty much in the same place after beating him
Guzma: Argh! Why can't I smash you?!"
You know, that is not a thing you should say to someone you actually kinda liked this whole time.

Team Rocket Grunt (after beating him): Oh no! I better tell boss!

Ahem, you're the one who made the poster look suspicious by standing in front of it, and everyone knew that Team Rocket was evil! And earlier, you also made it look even more suspicious by saying something about a switch behind it! Nobody would've guessed a switch behind a poster unless you make it look suspicious!

Clyde in Celadon City in the let's go games: You have better things to be doing! *goes on about Erika*

Says the guy who's face is clearly right in front of an arcade!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Guzma: You know, all this time, I actually kinda liked you."
Pretty much in the same place after beating him
Guzma: Argh! Why can't I smash you?!"
You know, that is not a thing you should say to someone you actually kinda liked this whole time.

Team Rocket Grunt (after beating him): Oh no! I better tell boss!

Ahem, you're the one who made the poster look suspicious by standing in front of it, and everyone knew that Team Rocket was evil! And earlier, you also made it look even more suspicious by saying something about a switch behind it! Nobody would've guessed a switch behind a poster unless you make it look suspicious!

Clyde in Celadon City in the let's go games: You have better things to be doing! *goes on about Erika*

Says the guy who's face is clearly right in front of an arcade!
Well concerning Guzma we do know he had home problems. No matter how well he did he never was able to meet the standards of his father (which must be pretty high because, sure, Guzma mostly had bronze and silver trophies but that means he was usually in the top 3, how many trainers went home with nothing/participation medals? Seems if it wasn't gold it wasn't good enough for Guzma's father). And seemed like his father had anger problems because he would then beat Guzma for not doing "good enough", implied sometimes with a golf club. That kind of abuse at a young age can really mess with a person's head, it wouldn't be a surprise to me that Guzma relates physical violence to a form of affection as that was his relationship with his father who he tried his best to impress. He beats up his grunts because in his twisted way he cares about them and wants them to do better. Originally he wants to beat the player because they're in his way and defeated several of his grunts, but later on he takes a liking to the main protagonists and wants to beat them maybe out of obsession or looking for some gratification (either self or maybe even from the player). About the only person that Guzma "beats up" and that he doesn't like is himself judging on the way he berates himself about losing.

It's been well known that Rocket Grunts, well, grunts in general aren't the sharpest knifes in the shelf. He was told "stand guard and don't tell anyone to look behind the poster and activate the switch" and that's what he did: he stood in front of the poster and told anyone who came up not to look behind the poster or activate the switch. He would probably receive a poor evaluation for taking his orders too literally.

Clyde's initial lines may be GF trying to say "look, we can't let you play the slots, just continue playing the story".

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Well concerning Guzma we do know he had home problems. No matter how well he did he never was able to meet the standards of his father (which must be pretty high because, sure, Guzma mostly had bronze and silver trophies but that means he was usually in the top 3, how many trainers went home with nothing/participation medals? Seems if it wasn't gold it wasn't good enough for Guzma's father). And seemed like his father had anger problems because he would then beat Guzma for not doing "good enough", implied sometimes with a golf club. That kind of abuse at a young age can really mess with a person's head, it wouldn't be a surprise to me that Guzma relates physical violence to a form of affection as that was his relationship with his father who he tried his best to impress. He beats up his grunts because in his twisted way he cares about them and wants them to do better. Originally he wants to beat the player because they're in his way and defeated several of his grunts, but later on he takes a liking to the main protagonists and wants to beat them maybe out of obsession or looking for some gratification (either self or maybe even from the player). About the only person that Guzma "beats up" and that he doesn't like is himself judging on the way he berates himself about losing.

It's been well known that Rocket Grunts, well, grunts in general aren't the sharpest knifes in the shelf. He was told "stand guard and don't tell anyone to look behind the poster and activate the switch" and that's what he did: he stood in front of the poster and told anyone who came up not to look behind the poster or activate the switch. He would probably receive a poor evaluation for taking his orders too literally.

Clyde's initial lines may be GF trying to say "look, we can't let you play the slots, just continue playing the story".
Ok I'll admit, never thought about the Guzma one. That was a deep yet clever explanation on that.
As for the grunt scenario, in Let's go, the grunts had some moments too smart for me to see that as any sense. Like the grunt with the lift key for example. He goes into an area very deep in, and instead of just giving you the key, first he tries to defeat you. Afterwards, even after the battle, you still don't get the lift key! He does a last ditch effort by throwing the key too high of a place for you to get, and then you have to let Pikachu/Eevee through the vent to get the key, but by the time you get the key, Jessie and James kinda detect that noise, and they had the idea that it was an intruder.
And not only that, but when the Silph Co mission came, a grunt wouldn't let anyone in the building, unless they were an authorized member of Team Rocket. And unlike the poster grunt, fighting him doesn't solve it. In RBY, you get past him while he's sleeping (but who wouldn't be tired after such a large time of guarding?), and in Let's go, you ruin Jessie and James to the point where they have almost nothing to do other than enter the building, and then they barge through the grunt, allowing you to get in. So yeah, surely he'd know better than to make the poster suspicious.

As for Clyde, he does the same thing in Diamond and Pearl, but you can still play the arcades. The funny thing is though, is that he says that stuff while playing an arcade.

It's somewhat cheating since it's unused victory text from the rival battle in Red / Blue, but:

"How can
I put this?
You're not good
enough to play
with us big boys!"

"<Rival>: Hahaha!
<Player>! That's
your best? You're
nowhere near as
good as me, pal!

Go train some
more! You loser!"

My boy Blue would've had kids ragequitting if they left that in lol.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
"The air is tasty here!"

"Today, we're dancing for no reason."

"That poster in the Game Corner is nothing special! There's no hidden switch behind it!"
I feel like we should have a Hall of Fame, like Joey and his Top Percentage Rattata.

Sometimes when a quote is heard, read, or even said, everyone just knows it will be remembered for Generations (literally) to come. ;)

My Funny quote contribution in Bold at the end:

Silver to his dad, AKA Giovanni the Leader Of Team Rocket from Heart Gold and Soul Silver:
"You told me… you were the number one in the world! Are you gonna quit? What are you going to do now?"

"What aspect of you was number one? Gathering so many only to be defeated by a mere child!"

"I don't understand you! You don't make any sense!"

"I don't want to understand you! I will never become someone like you. A coward when you're alone and acting like a tyrant when you're in front of other cowards! I will become strong! I will become a stronger man all by myself! All by myself!"
"…What are you staring at?"

(I wonder what Gold / Crystal were staring at...) :v4:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)