SM OU Help Me With My OU Team !

I just created this team of the wish of Guzzlord and Tapu Bulu tanking everything while Zeraora , Blacephalon and Kyurem-Black knock everything out. But i find myself struggling against dragon types much like Salamance. Any suggestions on what I should do to fix that ?

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fire Blast
- Trick

I planned on using Blacephalon as the carry of the team. His typing of Ghost and Fire help me a lot while facing pokemon such as ferrethorn. And also Blacephalon's base special attack stat is quite high so it is really good in my team. Enemies that posess high power and are grass types like Kartana don't stand a chance against Blacephalon's Fire moves.

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Garchomp's mega evolved version is really good in the attack stat so he can KO most pokes that aren't flying types. His stealth rock gives me a really good advantage to punish my opponent if it tries to switch in something else. And being a ground type it resists electric type attacks like Tapu Koko's so it's pretty reliable. Due to its typing of Dragon-Ground he is really effective against some really tanky pokes like Celesteela.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

Tapu Bulu's Grass Surge ability allows me to use abilities like Horn Leach and combine it with Leftovers in order to have a good amount of healing. Tapu Bulu's base stats are really good and being a grass type it resists Dragon type moves that cause a lot of trouble. Tapu Bulu can outheal the toxin effects that Toxapex gives so it is a really good poke to sustain against poison.

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Guzzlord's base health is just amazing so i decided to make it my tank in my team. The Protect ability combined with Substitute allows me to tank almost anything. The Knock Off ability on Guzzlord is quite effective because it is so tanky that even if the opponent's item isnt too good it doesn't matter if you wasted that turn.

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off

Zeraora's speed stat is really good so i decided to make it a finisher type of pokemon on my team. It's amazing speed combined with the moves Close Combat and Plasma Fists is a really good way to finish low HP opponents with a single blow. Due to the Knock Off move and the Bulk Up move even if the other pokes in the team get KO'd he is still a tough fighter.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black's typing of Dragon and Ice typing allow me to resist the core damaging types like Fire and some annoying moves like Giga Drain. Kyurem-Black's stat are really good overall so it makes it amazing for all the roles except a tank. Kyurem-Black's speed combined with an ability that can freeze the opponent is really strong so stop them.

These are the reasons why I chose this team and I want to hear you guys' suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Guzzlord @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Guzzlord's base health is just amazing so i decided to make it my tank in my team. The Protect ability combined with Substitute allows me to tank almost anything. The Knock Off ability on Guzzlord is quite effective because it is so tanky that even if the opponent's item isnt too good it doesn't matter if you wasted that turn
Ever tried Chansey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)