Halloween Writing Contest (Writing Room and Canalave Library)

My prose entry:
The one you forgot
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByrrgdtWpXTVcnAydWEzWTd6b0k

Inspired by: Lumiose City's ghost girl, Looker and Nanu past in Alola, the Skiddos on North Boulevard on Lumiose and the Granbul's statuet, at Hau'oli police station.
To be posted on www.pokemothim.net at October 31th, in portuguese.

EDIT: today I posted the original article on PokéMothim, a PT-BR blog: goo.gl/dvMp1B

This prose was written in portuguese (pt-br), so sorry for any english mistakes (:

PS name: haxtohex

Last edited:

Approved by: sirDonovan

This year, we rise anew. The Mythology room has been reborn: step into the Canalave Library! Our topics have expanded from just sheer mythology to include ancient history, genealogy, and legends. So how does one celebrate such a re-branding? With a joint Halloween event!

That’s right! Once again this year, the Writing and Canalave Library rooms will celebrate Halloween with a large writing event! Tell us your spooky stories! Prefer a more atmospheric piece? Share a poem with us! Do you rely on visuals? Share a screenplay! Maybe you want to share a nonfiction story of an urban legend in your area? Share that too!

The possibilities are endless! You just need to follow these simple rules:
  1. The accepted formats are prose, poetry, and screenplay (you may submit 1 of each).

2. The topic is fictional or nonfictional legend surrounding Halloween, with entries related to Halloween (autumn, scary stuff, October, etc) being accepted.

3. There is a 2,500 word limit.

4. The deadline is October 31st (the release date of the results is November 7th).

5. Early submissions are allowed.

6. Don’t plagiarize.
See, less than ten! Just by following these rules and winning, you will receive:
  1. 1,000 quills for use in Writing and other rooms that use The Scribe.

2. A $5 Amazon gift card.

3. Voice in both Writing and Canalave Library*.
*Voice is preconditioned on maintaining the generally accepted standards a voiced user is held up to on Pokemon Showdown. Failure to maintain these standards may result in a demotion.

Please post all entries in this thread. May the Great Pumpkin have mercy on thy soul!
this isn't for the contest i just need some feedback.https://docs.google.com/document/d/18NDrPRow-yDp6WDTeOYRZw3zJnuwvySa6aPXFkg3sWQ/edit

This is a short story I wrote for a fan-game I'm working on, Pokemon: Terra Nullius.

Name on Showdown is Flying Viking
---

He took a deep breath, and cleared his head. The voice would return soon, so it was imperative that he write quickly. His quill tore black streaks across the mouldering paper as he spilled his heart into his fingers.

Ambition is a great measure of a man. Those without ambition fade away and are forgotten. Only those with great ambition are remembered after their time.

The… thing in his head had left, looking for the relic once more. When it returned, empty-handed, it would vent its anger on his mind, and he would forget the necessity of his letter. He ploughed on, his neats scrawl becoming blotchy and distorted.

Dearest Aurora, I fear that, like the man I was named after, I have flown too close to the sun, and have begun my freefall. I know not where it will take me, but I promise that someday I shall return to you. Yours until the very end, Icarus.

His quill poised above his name, he pondered whether he might elaborate further. But alas, the voice had returned once more, before he had the chance to seal and post his letter, and it was bouncing around his head with a dangerous excitement.

The voice had found the relic. And now, it commanded him to dig.

Submissions Close in four hours folks! Anything submitted after that point does not have to be accepted by our judges! Good luck!

The winner of the Halloween Contest has been decided! The winner will be announced here between 3-4 PM MST! The winner will also be promoted in the Writing and Canalave Library rooms at that time as well, so if you entered the contest, make sure to be there! Second and Third place prizes will be given out at a later date when my team has had more time to input their scores into the spreadsheet!

Sorry for the delay! For those who have been unable to come by the Writing room, the winner of the contest was PrimalDialga002! The second and third place winners will be announced sometime next week! Thanks for joining us this year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)