Hacking parents for good IVs

Lol, why not hack the Pokemon you want in the first place? It doesn't make sense to hack the parents and then go through the strenuous task of breeding!

I think both approaches would be considered illegal anyway.
You are correct both approaches are considered hacked but you see the reason why he does this is so that he could pass off those pokemon with hacked parents as legit(currently there is no way of finding out and I bet there never will be :(.....). If he hacked the pokemon directly then he wouldn't be able to trade them off without getting blacklisted and banned.

IMO you shouldn't hack parents I mean come on that's the same as scamming people. All forms of hacking cannot be called legit in any way enough said.

@hybrid: you are very right chances that anyone who trades through wifi already has some of this hacked gene babies even if they don't know it.

Another thing I believe that a couple of traders here use this method. The new peepz I have reason to believe do this. Also a couple of others as well.

C'mon, another thread discussing hacks? There's one talking about this a few threads below this one. Why to create another discussion?

I personally dont mind, i hate to spend like 10hours trying to breed moves, natures and correct iv to the pokes i want
I mind that I and many others do spend hours breeding an awesome poke when some asshat can just rip out some 31 across the board parents, breed them and call it "legit".

I dont think its right personally. I mean, I know it doesn't make the Pokemon in the egg hacked, but, I still think it takes away fun from the game.

Personally, I believe hacking the IVs of the parents just cuts a big chunk of time out of the breeding process, same as if you used a fast egg hatch hack instead.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't care one way or the other. To me, pokemon is about competitive battling and strategy, not who can bike up and down Solaceon strip the longest and get the luckiest with the RNG.

Pokemon created from hacked parents are not any different from any other legit Pokemon, so they are legit.
Using that logic, how's a hacked poke with "legit" movesets/stats different from a legit pokemon?

A hack's a hack, don't try to justify it. Now, whether you or your opponent cares that it's hacked or not, that's what it comes down to. I don't care if the enemy's team is entirely hacked, as long as it's not retarded shit that isn't even possible in-game, and everyone else can choose whether or not they want to battle with such teams.

Now let all these goddamn threads about hacked shit die already.

i don't mind hacked parents at all because the offspring are legit and its hard getting 31 IV's.
Lol, no crap. If it was easy, no one would be doing it. That's what's so great about getting an awesome legit final poke, because it's uncommon and hard to do.

Playing high school football was hard too, a hell of a lot harder than playing Pokemon, but I didn't use steroids "because it was hard" to put a lot of time and effort into building enough muscle to be strong enough to compete.

If it was easy, everyone would do it, actually.

As a sort of guideline, alot of people here frown upon using hacked parents.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
offcourse it's considered hacking.
you're hacking the parents stats, and the offspring will have 1 of these hacked stats, and thus having hacked stats.

It's completely untraceable so I see no reason why someone wouldn't do it.
Seems a bit ridiculous though, it's not what the game is all about nor does it help a whole hell of a lot.

*Sigh*

Cant you detect this using some external device? Like an AR or Official Nintendo Flux Capacitor?

I guess you just have to not use SPP-WiFi huh...

i don't mind hacked parents at all because the offspring are legit and its hard getting 31 IV's.
Then stay on netbattle or Shoddy where you always have perfects than, its that easy, some of us like getting satisfaction out of taking the time out to breed something that owns. And you don't always need 31 on every stat since some pokes dont even use a certain stat anyway.

The whole "it's just cutting out an annoying chunk of time" from the breeding process sounds lazy to me.

People are still going to do it, either way. As long as you give details about the lineage to whoever you trade to, whatever. Just don't be surprised when some people won't be wanting to trade over this issue.

Has anybody ever been caught hacking their parents? Or is it a matter of trusting? Because I don't trust anybody if there's no way of knowing!

offcourse it's considered hacking.
you're hacking the parents stats, and the offspring will have 1 of these hacked stats, and thus having hacked stats.
FYI, 3 of the offspring's IVs will be influenced by the parents, meaning that at least 3 of its IVs will always be 31. Also, I disagree that the stats are hacked, because as long as they stay within the confines of the game, they are not hacked. To me, hacked would be if the parents passed completely unobtainable IVs, like if it passed an IV of over 31. Also, there are no AR codes to trace the legitimacy of the parents, in case any of you were getting fresh ideas.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, I disagree that the stats are hacked, because as long as they stay within the confines of the game, they are not hacked.
Hacking in general is outside the confines of the game. There isn't any magic "create a Pokemon" in-game, now is there? Yes, it may be possible for a parent to achieve those stats but you don't need an external device in order to do so. I feel the same way with quick-hatch---the game doesn't let you hatch eggs after 6 or so steps, but the egg still hatches whether you walk for 6 or 6000 steps.

But of course there's no way to be able to trust anyone here, so you have to either get good EV trained pokemon from reliable sources (those people that spend weeks trying to get a single good IV'd pokemon) or get pokemon that look legit from people like me. Not like I'd be caught trading with you people though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)